Mech Tech weapons

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by LightningZERO, Mar 20, 2011.

1. LightningZERO

LightningZERO The Alternity

News Credits:
    We all know that the new movie 3 toys come with transformable weapons that can be combined or attached to various figures, and the opinion on these weapons are pretty divided. I for one, like this new gimmick and the fact that some figures look really badass attaching those extra guns. However, I won't be buying much from this toyline due to low interest on most of the new characters (I buy based on appearance, the cool looking basis) and because of this, I won't be getting many Mech Tech to play with, and now I wonder if my Ultimate Optimus Prime will severely lack firepower.

So, anyone has a similar opinion? Do you think we will see people selling the weapons online? Will 3rd party make new (or movie accurate) Mech Tech? Will Hasbro produce weapon pack for sale? Will you be driven to buy a figure just to get its Mech Tech?

Discuss!

2. Philip164

Philip164 Board Member

News Credits:
    So far Sentinal, and Skyhammer have caught my attention, so "No" I will not hunt figures just for the MechTech, I will not buy or sell MechTech. I don't think many people will sell there figures only weapons unless they had viable alternative third party replacements one the way or in hand.

And Hasbro "release a accessory pack"; when was the last time has Hasrbo done accessory pack in Transformers? :lol 

3. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Some of them look just downright terrible. Some of them look downright amazing. I would love for people to start selling the weapons and keep the base figure I'm not interested in, but I doubt too many people would do that. I mean, look at those sexy weapons on DOTM Laserbeak. The awesome rifle on DOTM Sideswipe. I want those guns, but I do not want the figures themselves.

4. ssjkazer

ssjkazer mr dyslexia

News Credits:
    the thing to renemeber they are already packageing the weapons agian as well dont just hunt the weapons thundercracker comes with the chain saw the the wrecker comes with food for thought there

figure a has character mold figure b has mec tec weapon figures c is combo of the two i think its a wining forumla for repaints lol

5. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    The only plus side of the mech tech is that I can choose NOT to display them with the figure. These will go in my junk pile. At least they are not gimmicks that interfere with the figure like electronics and cyberkeys. Although the figures are covered in holes.

6. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    I am very confident we'll be seeing plenty of MechTech weapons for sale on the secondary market. I am also pretty confident we will not be seeing any accessory packs officially released by Hasbro.

7. AMG

AMG Old School

I'm not really big on the gimmick, I could give or take it honestly.

8. xanthax

xanthax choppaface

News Credits:
    I don't see any 3rd party companies making any mechtech weapons.

9. CVprowl

CVprowl FREEDOM FIGHTER

what ive seen looks pretty horrible to my taste.

im just getting the new characters for my son, and ill get new leader class or human alliance for myself. i hope they dont have too many crazy huge weapons.

10. Xaddion

Xaddion ...

News Credits:
    Remember those minicons that combined to make awesome weapons? Hasbro needs to do something similar for Mechtech.

11. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

I'm not a fan of the gimmick per se. I think that it forces the figures to be downsized and you end up with holes all over the toy, however well disguised in some cases.

Having said that...

...some of the weapins are great fun in themselves. I have already had the chance to mess around with voyager Ironhide's mech tech cannon and I can safely say it is the best part of the figure! Hours of fun just pushing a lever. I have a feeling that the saw blade weapon that comes with the new deluxe Ratchet could be another winner.

I just don't EVER see myself displaying the figures with their mech tech weapons.

12. Taziir

Taziir Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I keep hoping to read that someone has figured out how to combine all the mechtech weapons in to one super-massive doom weapon and so justify the existence of the gimmick.

13. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] BATTLE GAIA!

News Credits:
    I'm on the fence about Mechtech, and like some of you guys it really depends on the character and preference to choose to display/ not display the weapons. :/

14. shiftypenguin

shiftypenguin Fancy-Pantsless Dancer

News Credits:
    For the most part I don't care for the mech tech weapons. Neat idea but I don't see it as "working" for every character. (Ironhide and Roadbuster having tons of guns, yes. Bumblebee having a giant gun on his roof, not so much.)

Then again, I really only plan on buying one figure from the DOTM movie line, anyway (trying to concentrate my collection).

15. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

I'm going to be buying a few DoTM toys, but it sure as hell won't be for the mech tech weapons. I could see people getting out of hand and loading up an Ironhide with every weapon they can, but it's not a gimmick I care about.

16. ersico

ersico Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i feel ya on that one....im my case i have a feeling the mech tech weopons will get pushed aside in a box

17. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    Ultimate Optimus? lacking in power because no mechtechs.... well, personally, I only plan on getting a small amount of bots. I will probably just buy some 5mm large guns to go on Optimus. "mechtechs" are just transformable, large 5mm guns. We got a lot of "large 5mm guns" in our other bot's arsenal.