Mech-Tech on Older Figures??

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by cingularman31, Mar 21, 2011.

1. cingularman31

cingularman31 Alternator Freak

News Credits:
    Last Night I was looking at a few of the figures I have for sale, most notably Energon Downshift and Energon Towline. I noticed something, that they had lots of odd 5 millimeter peg holes on the alt. Modes, and obnoxiously Large Energon Weapons, and resembled a prehistoric form of Mech-Tech. Just thought it was interesting in the resemblance it had to the New Mech-Tech in DOTM. Any thoughts, or other Characters you have noticed it on?

Stixx

2. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Mechtech ports themselves are just fancy 5mm sockets (either with built-up tech detailing, or the self-sealing caps), so, yeah...

3. Kadrin

Kadrin Well-Known Member

It was part of Energons gimmick.

You could mix and match weapons and energon stars/minicons on the figures, using the 5mm plugs and sockets, like Energon Ravages Megatron homaging gun.

The 5mm things been a long term thing, since the Transformers Animated movie its been the common size of standard hands and pegs.

It also means you can attatch minicons and Energon weopons to older figures, RID Prime has powerlink ports that minicons can fit onto for example...

4. cingularman31

cingularman31 Alternator Freak

News Credits:
    I was Just thinking, it looks as if Hasbro has Done this in the pass, testing it before putting it as a line wide gimmick. I could easily see the Clip System doing this, becoming "Clip-Tech" or whatever, and hasbro has given it a try here.

Stixx

5. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not really.

6. Dinobot747

Dinobot747 Chopperface

News Credits:
    It doesn't use a peg and hole system (get your mind out of the gutter), but take a look at TFTM Deluxe Jazz/ROTF Smokescreen. Their large gun clips onto their spoilers and reminds me of the MechTech gimmick.