Mech Planet THS-03 not Soundwave

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Cheem The Rup, Dec 12, 2016.

1. SelectedLime375

SelectedLime375 Luna1 Matrix Magic

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Is the Soundwave with Wingthing and Squaktalk supposed to come with character cards? I just got mine and he didn't have any.

2. AirComm72

AirComm72 Well-Known Member

Great little Soundwave. It would be almost perfect if it just had bicep swivel and ankle pivot.

20170811_144446.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  3. TechnoTeddy

TechnoTeddy Member

After seeing Ravage for the DX9 SW, I really want one for this one.

4. Grimlock4523

Grimlock4523 Me Grimlock, KING!!!

Finally got in my clear version and to my surprise I got a blue transparent Laserbeak included! This clear version is my favorite of the four.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  5. Scourgatron

Scourgatron What of it?

News Credits:
    I'm still sore that the regular didn't come with a clear Ratbat.

6. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
  7. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm still waiting on TCP to get the toon colors version in. I'm hoping it (and that pink Bumblebee Movie Best figure) drop before Terminus Part B shows up.

8. openchallenge

openchallenge It's a dirty job but someone's gotta do it

Wow, the DX9 version is tiny. The head is smaller than the hands on the Mech Planet version. I expected to get both versions but now, a little less excited about it.

• Like Like x 2
  9. openchallenge

openchallenge It's a dirty job but someone's gotta do it

Here's some pics with Generation Toy's Leaders set. Also a Decepticon set withGT Megs, IF Seekers and Shockwave.

OPSMEGSSWAVE01.jpg LEGENDSCONS917.jpg

Last edited: Sep 20, 2017
    • Like Like x 4
  10. DukeFett

DukeFett Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I know this was a while ago, but I just got a THS-03 Soundwave with regular Laserbeak and a clear pink one from eBay. It didn't advertise as coming with a second tape.

11. mattph76

mattph76 Member

That's great! Who did you order from? I'm still looking for a clear pink tape...

12. ZapRowsdower

ZapRowsdower Alistair! I'm not a window washer!

This.

I'm very disappointed with how puny the DX9 version is! :(  But the tapes look better? :banghead:  Gah... well, I guess the silver lining is not paying $120+ for each! :D  But I may sell my DX9 SW when he gets in; bicep swivels be damned, Mech Planet/Mech Fan Toys makes a fine SW! :thumb 
    It'd be nice if the company made a cassette set with all the variations. Tracking them down like this is a total pain in the arse! :(  Even if you bought the "right" SW, you have no way of knowing what bonus tape you'll get. And I get the purpose of bonuses... but seems like they were so poorly advertised/marked, that it's more frustrating than exciting.

• Like Like x 1
  13. itMFtis

itMFtis Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He's exactly the scale of their other recent releases. Why would they fudge the scale now?

20171011_083244.jpg

Also, I actually prefer the design and implementation of the tapes from Mech Planet a lot better. The storage of the tapes on DX9 are just awkward all around.

14. Rewind

Rewind Space Hipster

News Credits:
    As I was plugging Lazerbeak into my DX9 Soudwave I could tell it was going to be a bitch to get out. The fit is way too tight, and sure enough it required a tool to get it out. I do like DX9's Soundwave, but between the wedged tapes, the totally hollow legs and size/price ratio, I think Mech Planet is the better toy overall. The best thing about DX9's to me is Ravage, he's absolutely brilliant. Happily the DX9 tapes are the same size as Mech Planet's and they play well together. Ravage doesn't fit inside of Mech Planet's because he's so fat but he looks great standing next to him.

15. daimchoc

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:

MechPlanet basically did what Toyworld did on their TW-M line. They did their own scale. Their figures don't match the scale of the current figures in the market.

• Like Like x 1
  16. zeroblue2099

zeroblue2099 Well-Known Member

Yeah, they are their own scale. I guess it is good Mech Planet priced their figures low. It seems to be working for them; they announced H.S. 14 & H.S. 15.

17. myrrh

myrrh Well-Known Member

...well, they match the scale of generation toys’ leader set, and i guess warbotron’s x-ray and master by extension, but yeah, they’re all kind of legend++ by comparison to DX9’s current legend+ and iron factory’s legend- scales...

...historically, hasbro’s been all over the place in terms of scale consistency since they tend to categorise legend figures based on toy size rather than character scale, plus their legend figures have grown over the years to boot, but i generally look to hybrid style prime and combiner wars shockwave as standard-bearers for the scale, and by that metric really only the earliest war-in-pocket figures come close to hasbro’s legend~ standard...

...ironically, considering mech planet’s brazen continuation of the original transformers-hybrid-style series right from where takara left off with THS-01 and THS-02, the-hot-soldiers THS-03 onward are clearly the furthest off the established hybrid/legends standard scale...

[​IMG]
    • Takara THS-02 Convoy (2006)
    • Combiner Wars Shockwave (2016)
    • War in Pocket X02 Guartinel (2014)
    • War in Pocket X16 Usurper (2017)
    • Mech Planet THS-07 Iron Tin (2017)
    • Takara Encore Black Protect Ironhide (2008)
    ...they’re undeniably supersized by that metric, but funny enough, THS-07 iron tin is nearly spot-on the same scale as the original diaclone-based ironhide figure!..if iron tin is any indication of what’s to come, then mech planet’s unique legends++ scale is of little consequence: they’re wonderful toys regardless and i look forward to watching the line develop despite its fundamental incompatibility with my extant legends collection...

Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
    • Like Like x 4
  18. ZapRowsdower

ZapRowsdower Alistair! I'm not a window washer!

Honestly, I haven't matched the figures to Hasbro Legends toys... mostly because the Hasbro toys are pretty inferior. So when you say "their own scale", I kind of accepted it as "proper scale". A Mech Planet cast will shame any previous Hasbro releases... so the only issue is if Mech doesn't scale within their own releases (i.e. BB same size as SW) - but according to their BB prototype pictures, that doesn't seem to be an issue (he scales smaller than their Ironhide!).

Sometimes, I feel like you guys are looking for issues with these toys! :D  First, it's the "it lacks bicep swivels! :cry ", and now it's a scale issue! :p  I'm just happy the toys are solid and wallet-friendly! :thumb  Cause at that price, I'm perfectly happy buying into a new scale. :) 

19. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  20. daimchoc

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:

DX9 and IF are working on a scale that matches Titan Class Metroplex. That's where it all started.

Mech Planet's BB, though smaller than Irontin, is not scaled. This is due the fact that if they made BB smaller, it'll loose articulation.

• Like Like x 2