Mech Planet HS11 (Sideswipe) / HS12 (Red Alert)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Cheem The Rup, Jul 21, 2017.

1. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:

I came close to getting their Soundwave at tfcon, but I am just too much in love with ankle tilts.... The old Iron Factory figure didnt have it, and they are a pain. I was not happy with IF Sixshot either. So i was going to wait for the DX-9 version, but it sux, cause they are much more expensive, so i have to wait for ebay flash sale and discounts. That said, maybe i should have gotten him for alt mode... well, i can always get the new color one releasing soon with clear parts i think, or maybe the black one ;) 

By the way, i think these guys have larger figures, no?

2. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:

Mech Planet is not a KO company, the are legit!!! The KO company you are thinking is Mech Fans. Wish they had picked another name, it is confusing sometimes.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Krooked

Krooked Well-Known Member

i've got their soundblaster and really like it, the included tapes are cute. if they would just add an ankle tilt or rocker to their figures, and a waist swivel i would be in for the whole line. cant complain much as it was super affordable.

as it is, i may still get ironhide. these are slightly larger than the iron factory toys i have but still play nice together.

• Like Like x 2
  4. motorthing

motorthing Too old for this $hit

News Credits:
    You agree that Price is the ONLY factor that matters when weighing up a purchase? Because that was the point.

I have the Soundwave these guys made and it's fine, does the job reasonably well and for the price was great. Is it likely to remain the "best" Soundwave out there when DX9 are releasing theirs with better articulation - at a higher price? Probably not on balance because other factors matter - to me.

But this stuff will certainly be cheap so that guy will be satisfied.

• Like Like x 4
  5. SCPrime

SCPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If these are $20 a pop then will get this over the IF. Also, hopefully they will do Sunstreaker using different mold instead of same like IF.

6. zeroblue2099

zeroblue2099 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like their Soundwave, but it is too big to legends sca le. He doesn't have as much as articulation as DX9's will, mine had a few flashing issues, but he is cheaper.

I will get both IF and Mech Planet Sideswipe, but display them separately. I want a Hybrid Prime for these guys. Is Toys'r'us getting the Year of Rooster reissue?

I like that their Soundwave is cheap enough and simple enough I can let the kids handle him and not worry about them breaking them.

7. Convoy

Convoy 90's Robot

I'm pretty excited for this. I actually hope it's less g1 accurate, I like the iron factory take

8. Cha Chi

Cha Chi Minimondomayhem

News Credits:
    I hazard a guess this the same design. I would be happy if it was.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  9. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    Wrong spoiler for Sideswipe, shouldn't have any end-plates.

10. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Acceptable, but too much extra crap.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2017
  11. nemisispringer

nemisispringer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm guessing that's sarcasm, I misunderstood your meaning and we agree then that price isn't the only factor although often a major contributing one in terms of quality. That being said it's incredibly hard to get a clear sense of tone on the net.

Sorry dude I know you've had to face a slew of folk decrying price of iron factory stuff when I know the quality is top notch just as well as you do so that wasn't my meaning.

In regards to dx9 soundwave for instance he will have a waist swivel and likely be superior but whether he is worth double the cost or if his aesthetics speak to you is purely subjective.

Anyway stating the obvious but yeah horses for courses.

12. Grouch

Grouch Stranger in a Strange Land

I'm curious as well. Ironhide is HS07 and I assume Ratchet is HS08. I wonder if they can get a blaster and perceptor from the soundwave similar to how IF did?

13. CVprowl

CVprowl Done

I hope they are small enough. Their Soundwave was actually pretty big for legends... but I can let that slide. Huge Lambros will make me sad.

14. Matt Booker

Matt Booker Fantasy Adventure Author

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Iron Factory is usually great for tiny bots with lots of articulation, but sometimes they can half ass it when it comes to alt modes (Seekers and Drift, for instance). That's one of the reasons I usually prefer DX9, since they do more innovative transformations (Dinobots and Seekers, for instance). But IF did a decent job with Sunstreaker and Sideswipe's alt modes, and their usual excellence with the bot modes.

Mech Planet had a nice looking Soundwave, but didn't have basic things like a bicep swivel. It looks like they've learned from that with Ironhide (which I won't be buying because I have an irrational hate for the battlesled), so these could be cool. That's a good looking silhouette, both in bot and car modes. But if it turns out more like that prototype, it'll be an easy pass. I'll pay $15ish more per figure for Iron Factory if it means better articulation and better proportions in bot mode.

• Like Like x 4
  15. zeroblue2099

zeroblue2099 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hope Blaster and Twincast are 9 and 10 too. I expect Mech Planet will follow up with the Seekers and Datsuns.

I like how IF's Soundwave turned, but he was always a stand-in until someone created a better figure. And the cracking on the hips is disappointing. DX9 looks like the best Legends scale figure.

16. edgecrusher

edgecrusher "She wanted nothin', and I delivered." TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    +1. People assumed Mech Planet's Soundwave was DX9's KO'd but they have a bunch of differences and DX9's wasn't even close to release at the time Mech Planet shipped theirs.
    That and ankle tilt would have made it a killer Soundwave. As it was, being super cheap made it appealing but those two points of articulation would have been fantastic.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Cha Chi

Cha Chi Minimondomayhem

News Credits:
    That is a fair summing up, don't see many fair appraisals... People act like it is IF vs whoever, but really it isn't. I want a g1 style sideswipe so i will get this, if i want an idw style i would go with IF. The price being lower means i don't have to worry about prices.

Articulation is secondary imo, nice if the design brings as much out as possible but articulation is not everything. There are other things too like accuracy and style which i mentioned...

Your own arrangment of these things is different, but good to see some people are not trapped in this arrogant attitude to different companies.

If articulation is your thing then in most cases i imagine you would be better off with IF.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  18. LBock

LBock Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Definitely in for these guys. I thought Soundwave was great for $15 and their Ironhide/Ratchet looks good too. I'm willing to build out a legends collection at $15 a pop.

19. itMFtis

itMFtis Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Whats the story with HS01 and HS02?

20. RookandCranny

RookandCranny Active Member

THS 01 and 02 is Galaxy Convoy and Convoy from Takara's The Hybrid Series. Mech Planet is picking up the line again

• Like Like x 1