Mech Melee: Round 1 (a fan fic contest)

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Fiction' started by Thunderchild, Jul 1, 2010.

1. Thunderchild

Thunderchild Well-Known Member

Ok, I introduced the Mech Melee fan fic contest with the Skirmish Round about a week ago. I only had two entries then, but it shined a little light on this new concept. Now lets start with the official Tournament. For those of you unsure what this is all about, or would like to see the samples, please refer to the link below.

*Please review the Rules here

Mech Melee: Round 1
    Challenge: Cybertronian "Cloakers" (be it a hooded cap, or an actual "cloaking device", this round should be about cloakers.)
    Competiters: Im No Hero
    VectorPrime404

All entries should be in by Monday.

2. Im No Hero

Im No Hero ze best reader

News Credits:
    im in of course...

3. VectorPrime404

VectorPrime404 Banned

You may count me in as well. Did you get my visitor message?

Anyway, here goes.

"Excellent work, Starscream. For once in your pathetic career!" "Thank you so much, leader." Thundercracker's optics tilted upward such that they were barely visible, the Transformer equivalent of rolling one's eyes. Others in the room were simply staring. It was very rare for Megatron to legitimately praise Starscream. And rarer still for Starscream to respond to his taunts with such a low amount of sarcasm. But Starscream had earned the compliment.

The Air Commander had overheard that the Autobot Wheeljack had invented a powerful cloaking device. Knowing Wheeljack's record, he waited to find out whether or not it functioned instead of going off like a bomb. When he found out it worked perfectly, he snuck in and stole it. And just to make sure he wasn't grabbing a decoy, he tried it on himself. He told of how he had simply waltzed out past Mirage, savoring the irony.

With the cloaking device in Decepticon hands, they would be able to ambush the Autobots with ease. And the best part was how powerful the device was. It could completely mask Devastator, Menasor, and Bruticus all at once. "It is at times like this that I remember why I keep you around, Starscream," Megatron said. "Decepticons! Let us celebrate! The time of the Autobots' doom is near!"

At that moment, however, a completely unexpected occurrence happened. A human with reddish-brown hair, sunglasses, black pants, and a silver jacket burst in on a motorcycle. He whipped out a laser pistol, and quickly disabled most of the Decepticons in the room. Megatron backflipped into the air towards Starscream, shifted to gun mode and shrank, and landed in the Air Commander's hand. Starscream fired at the flesh creature several times, actually hitting him most of them, but to the horror of both Decepticons the blasts did nothing.

The human, if he was one, spotted the cloaking device, grabbed it, and tucked it into his jacket. Then he sped away, calling out, "Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast!" "What a guy," remarked a semi-conscious Skywarp. Starscream smacked him on the head. Megatron reverted to robot mode. He and Starscream looked at one another. "Megatron, how about we go overenergize till we black out?" "That's twice in one day you've said something that pleases me, Starscream." Both were thinking the same thing, of course. Dear Primus, I need a stiff drink.

4. Thunderchild

The deadline for all entries will be Monday 12, July

Last edited: Jul 7, 2010
  5. VectorPrime404

VectorPrime404 Banned

Because everybody slacked off?

6. Thunderchild

Oops, I forgot I made it for Monday, Iadjusted the date.

Competitors updated. If I dont get more than just you two, this might be the last run of the Tourny. LOL

post your entries here whenever your ready. Thank you for the prompt submission VectorPrime

7. VectorPrime404

VectorPrime404 Banned

You're welcome.

8. Im No Hero

News Credits:
    who's side are you on?

Iacon
    25 cycles before the liftoff of the arc​

Punch sped along a dark highway in the middle of the night, he was conflicted, worried. He was carrying a valuable piece of decepticon research stolen from shockwave himself, this research showed the possibility of making a transformers a 6 changer the likes of which the world had never seen. but it was a gamble the skill could permanently shatter the core consciousness of a transformer and on top of that if the decepticons discovered who stole it his cover would be blown, all his time spent in there ranks ruined, he would be killed and put on display as an example.... but that would never happen right?

As he kept driving he came across a small skirmish. because of his precious cargo he continued past, but he was hit by a stray explosive, whether it was fired by autobot or decepticon he wasn't sure but he knew he was done, his cargo fell down into the depths of iacon and he was thrown far and landed hard against a building knocking him into stasis...

several cycles later
    autobot medbay​

"whats his status rachet? will our cloaker be back behind enemy lines soon?"asked the impatient wrecker springer "we need to find that lost software"

"im working on it boy, but it can be theorized that the constant knife-edge pressure has gradually gotten to Punch, and along with the cannon shot he took its plausible that part of him has been lost, possibly irredeemably. which means he would be to dangerous to send him back into the field..."

"send him in anyway.."

"very well..."

later

"oh mighty megatron, i have news to report. the autobots have found a source of energon vastly greater than any on cybertron and are planning to disembark soon. they call the planet the are leaving for earth."

"that is excellent news" sniggered megatron "you have preformed a great service to the decepticons, Counterpunch..."

9. Thunderchild

over

ok, so we've gotten no other entries, so VectorPrime wins by defualt. Since this didnt take off the way I expected, I guess this will be the last.

10. Im No Hero

News Credits:
    wait why does vector prime win by default i just posted my story.

11. VectorPrime404

VectorPrime404 Banned

Yeah, what the hell? Read and judge INH's story, too.

12. Thunderchild

WHOA

Sorry guys, if you look at the post time INH and my post were only a few mins apart, I swear I saw no post from him when I made mine, Sorry I missed it. That being said, I have read both:

I liked Im No Hero's entry, since having recently completed WFC, this continuation was rather fresh for me.

However bitter sweet VectorPrimes victory would have been, it will now be legit. I deem VectorPrime as the winner of this first, and what looks like the final, round of the Mech Melee. His entry was a little more situational and less general to me. But this one was a bit more difficult for me to judge then the skirmish match. Kudos to both of you.

Since you two are the only ones that have participated in these, do you think I should do more, or should we just call it quits here and now?

13. VectorPrime404

VectorPrime404 Banned

Well, I personally would like to do more. I'll try and drum up some interest if you decide to continue.

14. Im No Hero

News Credits:
    agreed

15. Thunderchild

Ok, I'llcome up with more.

16. VectorPrime404

VectorPrime404 Banned

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.