MECH May Want Nothing To Do With The Darbys Anymore?

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by Spunky, Jul 21, 2011.

1. Spunky

Spunky Well-Known Member

In a previous thread, I questioned why Fowler and the Autobots have not brought up the issue of June and Jack's relocation since MECH now knows where they live. I thought that all MECH would have to do to get their hands on another bot is just kidnap June again and/or Jack and hold them for ransom until a bot came and surrendered to them.

However, that might be a great risk MECH would not want to take again after all that has transpired in the episode, Crisscross. Given what happened, MECH may reason that if they kidnap another human close to the bots, Fowler and his men may come possibly alerting the government to their existence. That may be something MECH doesn't want if they want to keep a low profile while trying to obtain the latest technology in secret. Also, many Autobots and possibly some Decepticons may come as well to battle them making it harder for them to achieve their goal.

I'm wondering if the reason why MECH isn't showing up at the Darby residence anymore is because they feel that their best bet is to just find a random bot somewhere and kidnap him or her secretly. Maybe the Autobots and Fowler reasoned this, and thus, feel MECH will no longer bother June and Jack. Thus they don't have to relocate for their own safety.

What do you think?

2. Honorbound

Honorbound The Reclusive Semi-Lurker

I think it makes sense if Silas is looking to stay under the radar.

3. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    They're probably just following cartoon rules. If something doesn't work out the first time they never try doing it again, even if they got defeated the first time by blind luck or simple chance.

I can just hear Silas now...

Silas: "I'd kidnap that kid's mother again because although it didnt work last time it might this time. But... I just can't break cartoon rules."

Megatron: "Welcome to the story of my life..."

4. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

Agent Fowler probably is watching June and Jack carefully, Silas may be badass, but he won't mess around with a goddamn Ghostbuster for just a young boy and his mother.

5. Boy Blunder

Boy Blunder Hasbrown'd

Fowler ain't afraid of no MECH?

6. IceMagnus

IceMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    LoLz This made my day. =]

7. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Brony

News Credits:
    Just poor writing. Such a situation could actually add...TENSION to the story. Conflict. REAL conflict. Conflict and tension helps characters grow and develop, and in Prime those two elements are sorely lacking. Everything is resolved in the single episode with no lasting repercussions. When was the last time the Darby's were really threatened? When was the last time Arcee was really crippled with PTSD? It didn't count on Starscream as Arcee was more pissed than traumatized. When was the last time Miko actually learned the consequences of her actions?

8. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I was under the impression that MECH got all they needed during their last outing to build whatever it is they want to build.

I figure Fowler/the Autobots have something setup watching June/Jack at their home/work while the Autobots are away, but...

9. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Then you guys would whine that they tried kidnapping again "lol poor lazy writing".

10. TwilightNero

TwilightNero Maximal

Ebay:
    For god sake, it's a kid show, not a soap opera. Also, there are a lot of underlying story arc happening in show. What's project chimera that MECH is working on? What's Megatrons plan? Where the hell did Raf go?

11. shroobmaster

News Credits:
    Why would she be? Did they ever say she had it? She seemed to be working pretty fine other than the revengeful thoughts.

People react differently to situations. Arcee focused all she had on anger. We had one whole episode about how wanting revenge was a bad thing (running right into Airachnid's trap and losing them Starscream who could help win the war easily).

12. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Brony

News Credits:
    The point is that there is nothing in that could act to conflict and tension. It's not interesting.

Kids show? So you think that kids deserve nothing but pure slop? I'm sorry, but kids deserve much more than typical kids crap cartoons. Kids are just as interested in the same kind of stories as adults. They want to be entertained and taken through good times as well as bad times. I think it's just fair to treat kids with equity with cartoon writing.

13. shroobmaster

News Credits:
    So you're telling me that what happened in Partners between Arcee and Starscream wasn't tense?

You're telling me that wanting to rip a robot head's off in pure bitter revenge isn't conflict?

Do you stab people's in the torso as part of everyday life? I am pretty sure revenge murder would be a brand new viewing experience for little Jimmy even if you already saw it a thousand times in your MUUUCH longer life spawn than the target audience.

If you didn't find that episode interesting.... why are you still here? If you didn't find that a good conflict for an episode you're really watching the wrong show, maybe you should watch more Pony where you will experience the intensity of a conflict like "oh no school bullies yelling at me because i lack a butt mark".

14. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    Comparing My Little Pony to Transformers Prime is a bit of a bullshit arguement dude, the shows operate on totally different wavelengths.

Within the context of TF Prime, it is unusual that an obviously criminal yet well run organisation like MECH isn't at least keeping tabs on the kids since they're directly connected to the Autobots. Of course that also might be their reason for steering clear: no need to kick the beehive when you've got plenty of honey to be going on with.

Silas seems like a practical villain, more David Xanatos and less Dick Dastardly, which is good. In fact, Prime could probably be amazing if it had the same writing behind it as a show like Gargoyles or Avatar the Last Airbender. As it stands its a damn good Transformers show and an above average kids' show on the whole but it isn't hitting the same sort of heights that stuff like DCAU or A:TLA or Gargoyles (prior to season 3 at least) hit but I'm willing to stick it out since I'm of the opinion that the show can only get better.

15. Dargor

Dargor Well-Known Member

Why are so many cybertronian artefacts (or even ships) scattered in the world, and still undettected and unclaimed by humanity? Why doesn´t MECH simply try to recover vehicons and terrorcons´engine components from autobots battles instead of risky capture operations?

This one is good: Why doesn´t Arachnid use Jack´s profile from facebook to locate his house (asuming she doesn´t know it actually at this point) and follow him and Arcee directly to Autobot´s base? ( a nice way to get in Meg´s good book).
    Simply: It´s a kid show. Screw logic.

16. shroobmaster

News Credits:
    Exactly. Which is why I'm saying that if THAT episode 20 didn't feel like a good episode to him and "totally lazy bad writing" he is better off sticking to ponies. It's pretty clear he wants something completely different out of a Transformers cartoon if that didn't interest him.

17. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Honestly, since there's so many reruns, I totally forgot about Silas and his so called secret weapon.

Next, now that I remembering he did say that he was putting his secret weapon together and than escaped with "most of the information" (said Silas) from Breakdown.

Lastly, he's only interested in Science and warfare; not people.

I will be very disappointed if Silas's secret weapon is nothing more than an acronym.

ex.

Xxxxxxx

Xxxxxxx

Xxxxxxx

Xxxxxxx

Xxxxxxx

18. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    Well I personally loved it, best Starscream episode since TF Armada's 'Cramp' in my opinion. I understand why the show might be boring some folks, but I love a slow burn and the show as entertained me far more often than it hasn't.

19. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:

TF is not a bad show, granted it does have it quirks or idiosyncrasies
    but its just a cartoon made for people to unwind and relax.

20. AshesG

AshesG The worst seeker.

Doesnt seem so bad to me. Watch:

MLP FiM may not have an excellent streak in writing of episode plots but neither does Prime most often. But what it does have that makes it vastly more entertaining than Prime is character writing. MLP has had a variety of episodes including a vast number of differing combinations of the protagonists to develop them. From such episodes, the viewers gain knowledge of the characters: how they interact with certain others in the main cast, what each is interested in, how situation may effect them, their mindsets in solving problems, and how each character wants their peers to perceive them.

In Prime,the viewers are only limited to the gaurdian bots and their partners having a firm relationship, but mostly with Jack/Arcee and Miko/Bulkhead; Raf and BB's relationship is almost never even shown. Think about it: in Metal Attraction or Rock Bottom, did Arcee and Bulkhead learn anything from or show friendliness toward each other? No. The bots don't actually like each other, they just give themselves credit where credit is do when they do something right instead of letting their skills and traits have them build a relationship with each other to overcome obstacles.