Mech Ideas War Gauntlet Exclusive available at Botcon

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Venksta, Jun 9, 2014.

1. Rakzo

Rakzo Peruvian Transformers Fan

News Credits:
    Well, I finally got this one.

20171007_141520[1].jpg
    I've been interested in Mech Ideas Gauntlet pretty much since it was created but I never managed to get one at a decent price after it sold out. Fortunately, I managed to get one at a lower price than most people are currently selling it. Unfortunately though, I could only get the "War" version which I'm not really a fan of since I prefer the clean look from the original, that being said, is not really a bad look and offers some interesting details like Ironfist's classic bullet hole on his head but for a figure that initially costed $30 more than the original, I would expect a few extra accesories to compensate.

About the figure itself, there's a reason why I hesitated for so long to buy it. Is not bad per se but a little fiddly, his joints are not as tight as I would expect from a 3P product but it definitely has the right look for the character from Nick Roche's Last Stand of the Wreckers, it would be the perfect interpretation of the character if it wasn't for the issue that he's just too little for its own good. I don't even understand what Mech Ideas were thinking here, their Apex and Gemini were already short Deluxes and they decided to make this even shorter? Gauntlet should have as been as tall as their Topspin and Twin Twist. However, I like the accesories he comes with and they're fitting for the character.

I guess he can be a part of my display for a while but I'm hoping for a bigger version of Ironfist in the future.

(By the way, does anyone know how to remove the double cannon from his arm holes? I've been tried to do it but some stress marks have appeared on the peg and I got scared).

2. lordcryotek

lordcryotek M'Hael

I've been thinking about getting this figure to round out my LSOTW display, but had heard about the mushroom pegs in his legs snapping. Is that the case with this version of the figure?