Mech Ideas Apex & Geminus - Third Party Unofficial Topspin and Twin Twist

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Sol Fury, Jul 28, 2012.

1. DJW107PRIME

DJW107PRIME Autobot Hero

Ebay:
    And just like that I forgot all about Ruination these are a must for me.

2. CodeXCDM

CodeXCDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I agree. I think they overdid it with trying to stick to G1 in many aspects. Course, I find WFC Megatron being retooled into the Jumpstarters to be so ingenious that, if I had the time/skills, I would grab a pair and make them myself. heh.

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-customs/496539-classics-top-spin-twin-twist-undamaged.html by brr-icy
    [​IMG]

Honestly... if Hasbro considered retooling him into these guys. I would buy it in a heartbeat... I mean really, look at it!

We've also known for quite some time that there are *several* 3rd party Wreckers in the works... only recently was it unveiled that we'd be getting a Hasbro Wrecker combiner... in the form of a Bruticus repaint... which is kinda lame TBH.

3. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ^ those look great!

These MI guys done any stuff before? Weird how it looks pretty faithful but doesnt look quite must buy.

Id snap the megatron repaint/remold in a heartbeat tho.

4. The_Black_Sheep

The_Black_Sheep Willyna...

News Credits:
    I'd completely forgotten about the Jumpstarters & then Mech Ideas come along with these guys...

[​IMG]

and I'm completely & utterly sold! :lol 

5. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Unless I missed something, Has's and 3rd Party's are nothing alike.

So let me ask this: as a collector would you want something that actually invokes TS and TT, or TS and TT in name only?

6. adambman

adambman Well-Known Member

For what these guys are going for, these figures seem pretty cool! I had noticed minor niggles like Twin Twist's drills seeming to be a bit small and not set forward enough on the tank mode, though I respect that sort of thing helps achieve the robot mode proportions they were going for. Then there are the feet. So in some areas this is more straight up G1, in others, Classics. I aknowledge these are somewhat simple but effective, and my liking of the Wreckers is going to be the big motivation if I purchase these.

I'm not sure I feel these guys aren't completely satisfying but I see buyiing these and the FoC Wreckers as two quite seperate decisions, neither are resolved in my mind yet. So far we've got reviews up for the FoC Combaticons upon wich the Wreckers are based, giving us an idea of the size and design/build quality to add to a guideline for price and release timing. We have none of that information on these 3rd party figures, which to be fair is expected with such companies, let alone a new contender. Cool box/promo art though! Perhaps I'll just need something more comprehensive than that for a purchase. All in good time though. ;) 

7. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Other way round for me. My pockets aren't that deep and I'm not that much of a perfectionist. Plus the Ruination thing is just the right kind of creative and hilarious.

However, FP's Stunticons just put any and all Autobot-redeco-into-Stunticon things on notice.

8. adambman

adambman Well-Known Member

Back when SDCC was on, I crashed out at around 3am - in my timezone - as the Transformers Panel went live. So the next day I had a heap of news to get through before I got back down the page to it and found out we'd be getting Topspin and Twin Twist in Generations befre I found out they'd be FoC figures. :eek: 

Anyway, at the time, that got me thinking, as I do haha; if these had been Generations figures in the G1 inspired Classics sense, would they be built around retools of the same mold? Sort of like Deluxe Sunstreaker & Sideswipe/Red Alert or Tracks & Wheeljack but biased more to similar robot modes and differing altmodes. Of course with Classics etc figures being what they are, I daresay part of the fun is how much of a departure the altmodes may be, if they still work for the character. ;)  So, if HasTak could essentially get a core robot that with a few retool embellishments can turn into some kind of jet or tank - I thought - I wonder if they could give us a Generations Blitzwing from the same mold?

Then I found out the Wreckers would be Foc figures. :D 

9. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    I'll happily pay that price for these over the official versions that look like ass. I give Hasbro credit for trying but they failed so terribly it's pathetic.

10. DJW107PRIME

DJW107PRIME Autobot Hero

Ebay:
    As a set or each???

11. YoungPrime

YoungPrime Herald Of Primus

News Credits:
    .....Meh!

Those 3P's are likely to be at least 50 bucks a pop.

This just makes me resent Hasbro for not giving the original FOC Combaticon molds the TLC they deserved in the first place. So....

Highly expensive 3rd party figures vs Cheap poor quality Hasbro versions = Collectors losing this war.

UNLESS!

Hasbro gets a conscience or 3P's get cheaper.

12. YoungPrime

YoungPrime Herald Of Primus

News Credits:
    Wow....no wonder Hasbro was bitching about this convention. There's hardly anything they've been releasing that compares to a lot of these's 3P's.

13. Railguard

Railguard Battalion Commander

Ebay:
    Whats with Hasbro?? These tf's rock!!! I hope they are available and affordable. I would buy these in a heart beat if they were affordable.

14. sh002

sh002 Banned

i'm guessing they will be around $80-90 each. they look cool but will stick to the g1 versions.

15. kjyl

kjyl I'm a shark.

I was very excited to here about the Wreckers recolor of FOC Bruticus.

Then I got FOC Bruticus.

I believe I am going to pass on the recolor and pick these up.

16. bacon4e

bacon4e Resident Cheesehead

you know, about a month ago, I came across a custom twin twist on ebay, really nice, gorilla looking, huge twin drills, just great, and had a chance to pick it up for $80, when I thought, I'm sure some third party will make both of them and they'll be just as nice, maybe a little less detail, but only like 50 bucks a pop. Now that I see these, I wish I hadn't thought

17. dwong1207

dwong1207 Well-Known Member

I hope they are less than $50. Lots of "Christmas gifts" already on my list :p 

18. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Anything over 50 and I will wait for a sale. I doubt these will sell out quickly due t it being a.new company and the characters aren't the most sought after.

19. Avengers

Avengers Banned

I wonder what size these Two toys are.

I'd be tempted to buy these toys. If Hasbro released them at cheap USA retail prices.

20. Crimson87

Crimson87 Senior Member

I'll definately be picking these up and a lot of other G1/IDW inspired toys from TFCon.

the Hasbro... Fail of Cybertron figures just don't look all that appetizing to me.

In fact I feel let down knowing there were suppose to be 40 Generations figures (which initially got me excited) and half of them ended up being the FoC stuff we've seen including the repaints. Probably only about 20 figures left in the generations line and still no sign or reveal of anything G1/IDW classicized. Just mean yet another year of money saving for third party toys.