MECH´s competence

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by Dargor, Mar 14, 2012.

1. Dargor

Dargor Well-Known Member

It´s my opinion that Silas and MECH´s purpose in the show are not mere being third class antagonist, but to show human´s potential (even for evil deeds).
    Let´s review the facts:
    -Silas was only half-surprised when he discovered about the bots (he probably has some secret contacts with the army or the government).
    -After their first enconter, they managed to lure both Bulkhead and Breakdown with a bait signal, capture Breakdown (an experienced and powerful warrior), dissect him (it´s implied they had figured a lot about cybertronian anatomy, to the point of dissactivate BD´s neural sensor of pain)
    while keeping at bay to the autobots (the scene with BD´s stolen eye was probably the best part of the chapter)
    -In the Crisscross episode, they effectively blocked all transmissions (including Arcee´s, with are supposed far more avanced than human tech´s equivalent) except theirs. And they learn about cybertronian´s transformation secret only watching Airachnid scan Fowler´s helicopter).
    -In Operation Bumblebee, they have learned about the Cog, and they manages to remove BB´s one in situ and leave even before Bulkhead show up. Also, they have a proto-transformer almost functional and able to transform (or so would be if they knew about the "Only Energon" detail).

My only complain is, in fact, they learn and progress too fast in their knowledge of alien technology to be credible.

2. Moonlight1102

Moonlight1102 Banned

I love it when a plan comes together.

3. optronix72

optronix72 Autobot

Ebay:
    If you have a problem, if no one else will help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire....... the Mech Team. Da Da dah dah Daaaaaaa da da daa.

4. DepthWave

DepthWave Decepticon Storm Trooper.

News Credits:
    It reminds me of a thread about "how to remove Unicron from our planet".
    This is the unswer- MECH will upgrade all humans, and we all- humans and robots, will fly to another planet for tearing it between us.

5. Dargor

Dargor Well-Known Member

Cyber-upgrade? like this?:eek: :eek: :

This Isn't Just An Upgrade... - YouTube

6. janeDoe001

janeDoe001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just because the episodes air a week (or five) at a time, doesn't mean that it's the same for the events in the episode. Proof: Orion Pax part 1 took place two months after the events of One Shall Fall to One Shall Rise part 3.

For all we know this is the first prototype to get this far.

jD001

7. Dargor

Dargor Well-Known Member

Maybe less than a year, still a enormous feat.
    It took million of years to Cybertron to archieve its so-proclaimed Golden Age, but human science, as we know it, is less than 600 years old.

8. janeDoe001

janeDoe001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's true, but humans have been know to study and reverse engineer/improve technology and science since it's been invented.

Ferdinand von Zeppelin: Created the Zeppelin, which eventually made way for the modern day escalator.

I'm not saying that MECH are pioneers of our era, but a little ingenuity, determination and a whole lot of people and some things can be achieved. They also had some help with scanning the information and now Starscream's assisting.

Or you could say that someone like Tarantulas is helping them but unless he appears in the show it won't be cannon.

jD001

9. ngnikolaos

ngnikolaos Well-Known Member

Actually, I'm starting to think that MECH may become even more dangerous than the Decepticons themselves ... I mean, Silas wants to build an army, while Megatron seems content (right now) by chasing Mcguffins.

I love MECH. ANd if they build Devs (they have his colour after all) would be the coolest thing after Starscream.

POWER TO MECH!!

10. Puck Hockey

Puck Hockey robots turn me on

They're TOO competent. There's no way they could have enough knowledge of the Transformer anatomy from one session with Breakdown to be able to locate and take a specific organ in less than 10 minutes and have a nearly complete diagram of their internal systems.

11. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Well do want stuff to happen or more McGuffin hunts?

12. Stygimoloch

Stygimoloch ROBOT! JET! ROBOT!

News Credits:
    It makes sense. Obviously they weren't just tearing into Breakdown, they were scanning him and recording the procedure. They probably have Cybertronian anatomy down pat, especially after months of study by all of their scientists.

13. cuad

cuad VOK EMISSARY

News Credits:
    I hate MECH. Their first episode with the train was cool but they got old fast. When they get screen time it kills my buzz.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2012
  14. Plainsjumper

Plainsjumper Well-Known Member

Sure there is. There was Decepticon activity 3 years before the events in "Darkness Rising" plus there's the "largest battlefield" of dead bots, and the hidden artifacts and crashed ships.

15. Worlder

Worlder Well-Known Member

If MECH makes for a great antagonistic human faction, I hope it becomes the standard from which future antagonistic human factions are based.

16. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Well-Known Member

Mech is too incompetent in more than one way. They're outdoing the Decepticons. Every time Mech appear, they get something. The Decepticons appear nearly every episode and have achieved nothing. And this seems to have been done on purpose. The only indication of any kind of point to this series is that Jack is becoming a human Prime, while Silas has built human Decepticons and are now starting to build Cybertronian Decepticons controlled by humans. personally, I don't want humans to be the main point of an entire Transformers series.

17. Flashdisk

Flashdisk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hope to learn more about their organization, while gaining and retaining aspects that make them a vaild threat in the series. Hopefully I'm only looking at the tip of a very big iceberg.

They would be a good means to add new interesting characters. I hope that would include Meltdown and Doctor Arkeville.

I think Mech is quite similar to the GI Joes. They reveal some of the best aspects of humaniy, but pointed at the wrong direction. It's too bad they don't have a version of Optimus Prime to guide them.

Also, I think Silas is quite cool.

18. mrgalvaprime

mrgalvaprime #BanTJ

News Credits:
    What about bodies of fallen vehicons and

19. Thinktank

Thinktank Well-Known Member

And why didn't they get a T-Cog from one of them?

More importantly why hasn't Ratchet stocked a major repository of
    salvaged parts and matterial from their dead opposition?

20. mrgalvaprime

mrgalvaprime #BanTJ

News Credits:
    Maybe they need to be alive at the time of removal?