Customs: Meantime to Rumble/Frenzy: Need ideas

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by General Tekno, Sep 14, 2007.

1. General Tekno

General Tekno Self-Styled #1 Lugnut Fan

News Credits:
    I recently got the Meantime TF Movie mold, and like many I noticed how it uncannily resembles Rumble and Frenzy as a homage.

However, if I were to do a kitbash, something tells me that a watch isn't the most fitting of altmodes for the two.

Thus, does anyone have any ideas on how to change him up to create the lovable Decepticon duo? Ideally incorporating the guns/piledrivers.

All I've seen so far is that you can make him into a crab in altmode, but that hardly fits.

2. manyoufactsure

manyoufactsure Maximal TFW2005 Supporter

Can the arms and legs go around in a circular pattern? Then you could have a CD/DVD mode.

I wish I could find them.

3. Sound Blaster

Sound Blaster Shattered Glass World

I'm doing these myself

And the watch isn't so bad it would make more sense

I'm just doing a re-paint on mine with some minor kit-bashing

4. General Tekno

News Credits:
    Well, I realise that with the watch. There's some problems IMO though conceptually:

1. Nobody wears 2 watches. It's not like how someone would want multiple cassettes.

2. Nowhere for the piledrivers/guns to go should those be kitbashed.

3. If I want to give him the classic chest, all I would have to do is crack him open and add a new decal. But that would destroy the use as a watch.

And I don't think he'll be finangleable into a CD, sadly. As I said, best I can figure out is some kind of crab. And I have no idea how to do the piledrivers, though the guns would likely be cannons or something in altmode.

5. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

That's a tough task you've assigned yourself. I would probably just wimp out and do a simple repaint, making them both watches. :)  But for what it's worth, here's an idea for the piledrivers:

Since Meantime's arms swivel 360 degrees at the bicep, and are oriented with the hollow side of the arms forward in bot mode, you might be able to fashion a rounded shell on the BACK side of the arms. It could be sort of a half cylinder (maybe a small PVC pipe) that was split at one point to accomodate the bending in the watchband/elbows. It might look a bit funny in watch mode, but the band would still bend and wrap around a wrist. Then, in bot mode, you could either have the normal arms (hollow side forward) or swivel them around 180 degrees, straighten them, and it would look like two cylinders in place of the arms. If you're really clever, you might ever be able to nest some cylinders so that they can telescope up or down for a longer cylinder.

Sorry, it's a little tough to explain... I hope that's sort of clear. It wouldn't be easy, but it might work... and it would keep it from being a parts-former.

As for finding a different alt mode.... I dunno, maybe you could slap a new chest on, fold the arms and legs up along the sides, and make it a PDA or something? Or a cell phone? Or if you need something with a band, maybe a fashionable Lindsey Lohan-style house-arrest ankle bracelet? :) 

Best of luck!

And hey, if it makes you feel any better, the original designers never found a good way to incorporate the guns and piledrivers either. Alt. Rumble comes the closest, but he had to sacrifice his arms in exchange.

6. manyoufactsure

manyoufactsure Maximal TFW2005 Supporter

You can make them Beast Wars, Rumble and Frenzy. (little crabs).
    Back in the 80s, there was a watch brand (can't think of the name. Maybe Swatch) that advertised all the different colors. They even showed people wearing mutiple watches on both arms and even the ankles. The way fads go, it is like the rubber band bracelets. Good luck

Not any more. This is my successful kitbash, with arms AND pile drivers.
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=149869

Now, back to your, regularly, scheduled topic

7. General Tekno

News Credits:
    Thanks for the suggestions, everyone.

Another one I got was to turn them into speaker boxes, but trying to figure out how to do that will also be difficult.

Watches might just be the easiest way.

8. Kouri

Kouri kupo

Ebay:
    Actually, it'd be really interesting to turn each one into half of a speaker. When going into alt mode, they'd combine together. Each chest piece would be one of the speakers.

9. RandomFerret

RandomFerret Fuzzy Forever

News Credits:
    Combine the two of them into a set of DJ headphones. Piledrivers become the earpieces.