Mean neighbors?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jazz4ever, Mar 28, 2010.

1. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

I yelled at the guy in the townhouse next to mine because he was talking on his cell phone real loud right under my bedroom window at 8 am when I had worked 3rd shift.

He later knocked on my door and apologized.

2. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That is why I would never live in a apartment complex. You will hear your neighbors next to you and above. I used to have a friend who lived in a duplex and he had some young girl living next to him. He told me he always heard her having sex day and night.

I used to live close to these people whom I called the "Hombres". The reason why one Saturday last year they were riding their motor scooters across our lot. The maintenance guy and his brother confronted them and told them to stay off the lot. Well they started cursing at the brothers, until my landlord showed up. My landlord told them they had to stop riding their scooters on his lot and if they crashed their scooter and get injured, my landlord could be held liable. Well the situation got worse and I went to my phone and dailed 911 to get the cops out there. The cops arrived and they talked to my landlord and the wives of the guys who were cursing. One of the wives was saying the word "Hombre" several times. Why I don't know, she wasn't hispanic. So after that, they stopped riding their scooters on the lot and just stayed on the residental road. But for the past eight months, I noticed they have not been riding their scooters anymore. Perhaps the cops warned them about it. Anyway, they have a son who drives a white Chevy pickup with the number 22 on the fender. He used to cut accross the lot playing that loud bass sound. One day my landlord confronted him and told him to keep off the lot. I started calling him "Boom Boom 22".

Three months ago I moved in to a new place and there is a trailer across the street from me and it was empty. Well last month this family moved in and the guy rigged up a fence and he brought in five dogs. Those dogs would bark all day and night. Several times the dogs got loose and they ran accross the street and confronted me twice. The dogs are friendly, but they stinked. So now the guy has all five of them tied up. Why does he need five dogs, I have no idea.

3. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    The neighbor living above me complains all the time about the loud music and party sounds at the weekends which I and the neighbor living below me create. He moved into the apartement above mine 1 or 2 years ago. We keep saying about him, if he doesn't like it in the house, he should leave, because we were there earlier and it is really moderate now. Way back then it was much louder and more frequent than nowadays and no one complained ever! It's just him... Like if he wants silence all the time. What is he thinking?

Before he moved into the house, I remember, one day I had the music so loud that I could hear the bassdrums when I was in the cellar and fetched my washed clothes. That was REALLY loud. But no one cared. He should adapt to us and not we to him.

4. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

Oh man, that's even better than the idiot we used to live next to. He got home from work, roughly a one hour commute. He gets out of the car, and immediately popped the hood on the car was just driving, and takes the cap off the radiator. He managed to get turned around in time to burn the hell out of his back, instead of his face.

The neighbors where we live now are all pretty cool. The neighbors across the street in front of us have plowed our driveway a number of times with their tractor. They never let us pay them. The guy across the street beside us (yeah, I live on an intersection) is always happy to help out with things. He even ran an extension cord over to our house, to give us a little power when an ice storm took out everybody's electricity for several days. Kept our sump pump running, so our recently refinished basement didn't get ruined. He wouldn't even let us buy gas for the generator.

I'd be worried that we're the bad neighbors, but there's the two bigots behind us, and the morons down the street that have cut through our yard on scooters and quad runners.

5. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

Do neighbors that poison animals, don't pay shared expenses and just complain and complain (not doing anything themselves to fix what they're complaining about) count as mean neighbors or POS neighbors?

6. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    POS Neighbor? What does that mean?

7. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    Piece of s*** Neighbour.

8. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I remember back in the early 80's when I was living with my parents. We had these next door neighbors, a mother and her two sons. The oldest son was scattered-brain. He had an old Chevy Nova parked in the front yard and he never drove it, but the car needed alot of work and you can tell by the way it looked.

Well one day the scattered-brain son had the hood opened on the Chevy and he had a can of Easy-Off oven cleaner, spraying it all over the engine and he let it sit all night. The next day I seen him wiping off the oven cleaner from his engine, but I wasn't really paying any attention to him.

Several days later. I wasn't at home at the time, but he stepped outside and cranked up that old Nova and then all of sudden the engine was on fire and smoking. He yelled for help and my dad ran outside to help him put out the fire. I told my dad he should have called the Fire Department. Anyway, the engine of the Nova was ruined and what a waste for an old classic. Apparently, the oven cleaner must have corroded the plug wires and the electrical wires. What a dumbass.

9. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    ah, thanks :) 

10. rattrap007

rattrap007 One meme mutha f’er TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    i know he meant the machine. When I first read the words They own a bobcat, I thought the animal at first until I read it in context of clearing the driveway... unless they strap a big shovel to the poor thing and have it trained.. which I doubt..

11. Cavshock

Cavshock Well-Known Member

We have some neighbors who will use my driveway to unload groceries and the such. It doesn't bother me except when I am trying to pull into my own driveway and they are blocking the way.
    I kind of feel bad for the neighbors on both sides, neither one have a driveway of their own. When the neighbors on the driveway side have people over, those that haven't been over before always park in my driveway. They must think it is for both properties because it is right next to their house. Property line is actually the edge of their house.

Chuck

12. rattrap007

rattrap007 One meme mutha f’er TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    put up a fence.. problem solved..

13. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

What Rattrap007 said.

14. CripNite

CripNite That Whack Canuck Dude

News Credits:
    Our first place we lived in had a couple of psycho parents with three little girls upstairs. They were insane and ALWAYS screaming at each other. We tried to get them to be quiet, but they never listened and blamed us for them yelling. We eventually moved from that place because of them, paying almost $200 a month more in rent just to get away from them.

15. MrByatis

MrByatis Questioning Rumble

News Credits:
    These kids (20-25) live across the street from my house and they're always on their ATV's or snowmobiles depends on the weather, not mean but mildly annoying

But when I was a kid there was an lady across the street from my family's old house and she was a TOTAL bitch,

And there were also these 2 families that would always get into verbal conflicts in the middle of the street

Finally a little bit down the street there was this one family their dog would constantly be barking, and sometimes when my family and I would go out their kids would be out in the yard.......naked

16. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    I don' have any annoying neighbors at the moment. I guess by default that makes me the annoying neighbor.

But seriously, we had neighbors move out about a month ago. The police had a warant for a kid living there. The police were there about once a day looking for someone or another.

17. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

We have that during the winter, some neighbor's kid or so riding their snowmobiles up and down our road late at night.

Once somebody rode their snowmobile in our hay field without asking us, and when my brother went to go after them they apparently found out that they weren't supposed to be there and took off. Luckily, they haven't come back whoever they were.

And there were times in the past that kids rode their four-wheelers through our fields, and once we found out who they were, we called their parents and told them that they rode through our fields damaging our crops and made them pay.

Lastly, according to my dad, when my parents first moved onto the farm before I was born, some guys in one of those dune buggy things tore through one of my dad's fields and ultimately crash it. They thought they were on state land, and they came up to my dad for some help. When he went to help them and saw that they were in his field, he told them to pay for the damages. When they failed to do so, he confiscated their trashed up dune buggy and took them to court. He won.

18. bumblebot98

bumblebot98 Banned

News Credits:
    My neighbors are nice, But there is one guy who's Bald, Always wears white vests(No shirt)and has Countless tatoo's, Typical Criminal look.

19. Cavshock

Cavshock Well-Known Member

Criminals can be nice too.

Chuck

20. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Two years ago a family moved in next door to my parents. It all started when their teenage kids and friends were cutting across my parents driveway to pulled out onto the road. My dad asked the mother if can tell her kids to stop doing that. The mother agreed and her kids have stopped.

Well another problem started when my dad found their trash inside his trash can. The City have stopped picking up their garbage several times for not paying their bill. So my dad moved the can into the backyard where they can't get to it. My dad said all they had to do was just ask if they can put one bag of garbage into his can and my dad would not object. But they started to piled up their garbage on the side of the house, until the landlord told them to get the trash out of there. They would not cut their grass either. In the city limits of Pensacola there is a law that you have to keep your grass cut during the Spring and Summer. If you don't, the City will come and cut your grass and bill you for it.

Several times the landlord came knocking on my parents door asking if they seen them. The landlord told my dad that family has been late several times paying their rent. But one of their kids was always on the go with their car. They must have spent a forture on gas when gas was priced $4.00 a gallon. But they had all kinds of people constantly stopping by and we believed they were dealing in drugs. Even the cops were at the house several times.

Finally the landlord told my dad when their lease expires, he will tell them to move out. But several weeks before they had to move, the landlord went inside the house to inspect it and he found that they knocked a hole in the wall. The landlord told them to fix that hole or he will file a lawsuit against them. But they kept a parked Chevy pickup and a small car in the backyard the whole time they lived there. When they left, they did'nt take the small car with them. So the landlord had a tow truck to hauled away the small car to that family at their new address. I laughed when I heard about that. I bet that family wasn't expecting that and had to pay the tow truck driver.