Me Wantee Alternators!!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by ThaConqueror, Jan 6, 2007.

1. ThaConqueror

ThaConqueror Rock! Robot Rock!

I'm sure that all of you loved the Alternators when they came out. The G1 updates, the licenced cars...at first.

But when the line started slipping away from what it was meant to be (like wit Decepticharge and Rollbar), I'm sure you cursed Hasbro with as many naughty words as you knew. Then you learned knew ones to use so that your anger was conveyed better.

Still, I'm sure you loved collecting all them Alts however you wanted...whether you bought them for their molds, the cars, the character, or maybe you're one of them completists who get every toy no matter how incredibly shite they were.

I, on the other hand, cannot buy every Alt I can see. This is because I barely see any Alts. In the whole of my Transformer army, there is only one Alt - and that's Hound, in case you cared.

So what I've been looking for is a place on the Internet that I can buy the Alts that I want (namely Mirage, Skids, Ricochet, Shockblast/wave, and a way to pre-order Ravage and Rumble). But so far, I've had no luck.

Maybe you guys, what with your many years of experience on the 'Net, could help me? Please? Pretty please with energon on top?

2. Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus Movie Megs eats your soul

News Credits:
    Most online stores had preorders for Ravage and Rumble, but being (thus far known) the last known Alternators set for release until after the movie, they've pretty much sold out.
    Interestingly, Alternators is having a slight resurgance at many stores, so they aren't as rare as they were over Christmas.

Mirage is iffy on availability. He really wasn't rare, just popular, and aside from ebay markups, you probably won't be able to come across him unless more of his wave cycles out (which is possible, my store stocked with the wave before his). He was due in the wave case with Ravage and Rumble before the assortment was cancelled, and he might still be a part in one of the case revisions for that wave.

Shockblast will definately be harder, he was an early 2005 release and frankly sold. Your only bet is ebay or an overseas fan (Shockblast started appearing in Europe a few months back in bubble boxes).

Skids and Ricochet are EASILY available at any store carrying Alternators. Skids is a noted shelfwarmer in many areas, and Ricochet is damn common too (the Subaru mold isn't cared for by US retail it seems)
    Both are available for retail plus shipping at www.hasbrotoyshop.com

3. fschuler

fschuler Member TFW2005 Supporter

^^ what he said, plus ebay...Smokescreen, Sideswipe and some of the earlier ones seem to go for surprisingly little.

I assume you're in Australia? Try www.casefresh.com, that's where I got my Alt. Nemesis Primes.

4. Firecracker

Firecracker Born in a wind tunnel

News Credits:
    Hey there ThaConqueror,
    If your after Alts try www.bibyco.com.au

Out of intersest where abouts in Oz are you?

5. darksage78

darksage78 Maximal

Doesn't Hasbrotoyshop only ship to the states?

I still gotta get Mirage, too bad Wheeljack never hit Canada :( 

6. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    I believe so.

7. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    I remember when alts came out and Canada got them before everyone else. Then after hound came out they stopped completely. I still need Ravage, Wheeljack and Shockwave but the are so expensive on ebay. :banghead: 

8. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

www.digital-toys.com still has preorders for the new ravage and rumble, and they also have a sale going on on binaltechs. Im thinkin about getting another BT dead end for $30. Seems like a fair price to me.

9. KidDynamite

KidDynamite don't know nothing Veteran

ebay is your best bet probably.

Also, this is more of a Toyark thing. I think you'll get a better response in there, so I'm moving it.

10. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Mate, I recommend www.casefresh.com

They're kind of the only "official" seller of Alts in Australia at the moment. I still don't like the $45 price and hope for a sale but I don't think that's going to happen. I'll probably crack as soon as Mirage is out and get him, Skids and Prowl.

Otherwise, it seems that the Eastern States Toyworlds have various Alts for insanely cheap prices ($20 or $30 each). I know that over here in W.A. Meister was the last Alt released (other than Optimus) so I've had Swindle, Grimlock and Windcharger sent to me by peeps from the East Coast.

11. ThaConqueror

ThaConqueror Rock! Robot Rock!

South Aussie.

Thank you all for the advice. Does Casefresh and Biby Co. show prices in Australian dollars or Yankee Dollars?

12. Firecracker

Firecracker Born in a wind tunnel

News Credits:
    Aussie Dollars Mate. Both are great to deal with. You can also come and say hi over at www.theyareamongus.com.au & keep an eye on the sighting page.

13. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    I never noticed that they stopped selling Alts after Meister (probably because thats when i stopped looking for them in shops to be honest) as far as your problem goes mate I get all my stuff from overseas. Big Bad Toy Store, Action HQ, and Toywiz are all pretty good (you should be able to find what you're looking for between those three generally). Only bad part is shipping, which costs a fortune, so make sure you always get more than one to keep it economical :p 

14. llamatron

News Credits:
    Maybe those of us in certain cities could combine together and get stuff bulk sent out, then just meet up and split the loot? That would save on shipping el BIG TIME. Given that most items are about 1/2 price in the states we could end up saving a decent amount of money.

15. lobes

lobes You okay, Bumblebee?

im up for that....i got about 4 or 5 coming atm including hound, op, mirage and prowl. got them at a nice price, now i want shockblast, meister, sunstreaker, skids and tracks

16. llamatron

News Credits:
    Also it should be noted that Casefresh and Bibyco are in Australia and Casefresh has free shipping for orders over $80.