Customs: Me Grimlock.....Floppy?!

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Brakescream, Mar 13, 2012.

1. Brakescream

Brakescream F&@king Twist Ties!

News Credits:
    I just picked up a G1 Grimlock for £10. He has a few faults...

His robo arms/dino legs are so loose they hang down and will not stay in any position other than vertical (in dino mode this is fine as his weight stops them giving out.

His chest doesn't lock in in robot mode.

His dino toes are incredibly loose.

His tail doesn't peg together very well

His dino arms squeak.

I would like to restore him a bit if I can. I realise I'm not going to be able to work miracles, but I'm asking for advice, particularly on those loose joints. I tried tightening the screws in his shoulders. They move, but nothing actually happens, and I have no idea how to tighten pin joints, or if it can be done at all.

I'm not particularly skilled at customs, and my toolbox consists of a craft knife and a screwdriver set. I don't want to break the toy any more than it is already. I realise it's next to worthless, but I'm not doing this to resell, it's just for a love of Grimlock. I want to keep the figure even if I can't improve its condition.

Any help much appreciated.

2. wildfly

wildfly Right notes. Wrong order.

News Credits:
    Future floor polish to tighten the joints?

I think it's called Pledge this side of the Atlantic?

3. Optimus Dime

Optimus Dime Transform and Roll Out!

For the pegs... take a small amount of heat to the hole side of the pegs, where the pegs plug into. Just a small amount to heat it up without burning or melting it. Wait a few seconds and slightly push down on the holes with the tip of your finger (may have to do this two to three times to get it right how you want it). This will close them in just a tad... to the point where it will peg in tight, and do no damage to the figure. Also won't be able to tell it was done.

Fingernail polish works well for the joints. Get the clear kind... and put a small amount around the inner of the joints. Will tighten up nicely. Hope this helps.

As for the squeaking. Take some WD-40 and a paper towel. And clean the area well with it, and clean off the extra.

Best Regards,