Me and Onesock need help

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Rattrap, Feb 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rattrap

Rattrap Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ok, me and Onesock recently did a Trade for a Titanium OP OP and $5 for a Magnus Skywarp 2 pack. He sent the Titanium OP OP, last thursday, and I sent the Magnus Skywarp 2 pack on Friday, and would have gotten it insured, but didnt have the cash or time :( . I got the OP OP yesterday, and when I went to track his item, it said it was delivered on the 5th. He said he never recieved it. Now, Im feeling bad, because he never got his item, and I did. Hes mad at me because the package got lost. Im considering sending him a G1 Frenzy(blue one) to replace what he lost, but then Ill be out a 2 $20 toys. Any advice on what to do?

*Sigh*
    Stupid post office

2. Darkhawk79

Darkhawk79 TFWM SUCK!!!!!

News Credits:
    well man i do hate to say it but you should do the right thing and either go and buy another and send it to him or make it up to him in some way. You yourself were recently on the recieving end of something similar and you know how it feels. This time i would get insurance though to have alittle coverage in case something happens again.

3. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    Well, I'd say you should do 2 things:

1. Go talk with the folks at the post office, see if there's any way you could track the package even if you didn't purchase any insurance/confirmation

2. Buy Onesock a new Magnus & Skywarp 2-pack and ship it properly.

Just a word of advice: Never trust the US Postal service to get things done correctly. Nearly every package I mail out has both shipping insurance and/or a confirmation number on them to figure out what's going on with the mail I send out.

Sending him a toy he didn't want initially doesn't seem like a good idea. Just replace the item he originally requested.

I'm also going to be absolutely, unflinchingly honest with you, dude - your past history is going to work against you, here, if you try and do the deal another way. I honestly don't want to sound like I'm part of some mafia, but bad transactions are bad news within a fandom that primarily trades merchandise, and after the Fred debacle, I'd just say it's worth it to play stuff straight. If the post office messed up, yeah, bad news, but now it's up to you go set things straight quickly and effectively. That'll be more helpful than wrangling around with Onesock, trying to figure out how to send him something else.

4. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Uh, what are you trying to say? Sounds like you are waiting for someone to assure you that you don't have to send any replacement.
    And did Onesock agree that you post this thread? Otherwise I don't really think you should name him.

Sorry about being a dick.

I know it's hard on your wallet, but replacing the item will do very nicely to your reputation in Junkion. Hope you two will work out something.

5. Gen. Magnus

Gen. Magnus Everything is Awesome

News Credits:
    You didn't have the TIME to insure it? You do that while paying to ship the parcel. It is not the post office's fault you opted against insurance if you couldn't afford to have the package lost. It's yours. Time is no excuse. Stupid post office nothing. Yeah, they may have lost it. That is one reason they offer insurance - that is a very real possibility.

Having had a bad deal with you in the past, having read your 'ripped off' thread, and now this, I can say with great certainty that you should replace the Magnus / Skywarp and send it to him. He doesn't want your damn Frenzy just like you didn't want the Pepsi Prime. That is no way to do business.

**edit**After reading the feedback he left re: your conversation on this deal - you told him it's not your problem?! Wow. Just wow.

6. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    Do you get insurance when you get tracking?

7. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Does the tracking you did show where his package ended up? Normally tracking has the route the package took included.

8. Gen. Magnus

News Credits:
    Insurance and delivery confirmation are separate w/ USPS.

9. Gen. Magnus

News Credits:
    This is not tracking that they are talking about, I am sure. It is delivery confirmation. It states that the parcel was delivered to x-town post office and then that it was delivered. Period.

10. miraisoup

miraisoup Well-Known Member

I agree with GM. You know how this feels rattrap, replace the Magnus/Skywarp set and send it with insurance.

11. Gears

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    When I get delivery confirmation (The one that costs like 50 cents) if you check it online, you can click on an advanced tab and it shows what cities it was scanned and confirmed in at.

12. Gen. Magnus

News Credits:
    Really? I'll have to look into that. Thanks for the tip.

13. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Man, I just want my 2-pack, that's all. :( 

14. Gears

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Did either of you actually ask the other person to insure the package? If you don't ask for insurance, it's more your fault than the sender's fault if you don't get it.

15. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    This thread will get real ugly...

I think you guys should work it out on your own and not put it up for public bantering. Besides, I could tell you what you should do, but your character will decide as to what you will do. Think of what you would want, if it happened too you...

16. Darkhawk79

Darkhawk79 TFWM SUCK!!!!!

News Credits:
    I agree.....treat one as you would want to be treated

17. wheeljaxx

wheeljaxx Banned

i agree.
    i'm not very supportive of Mr. Rattrap at the moment right now and i can really rip into this. Seems he likes to go back on his word... but thats our issue, Sorry.

I have a buyer who didn't pay insurance, still hasn't gotten the package, all i have is the shipping reciept, and customs declaration. it's a small packet, with no tracking. all i know is i'm not at fault if he wants his money back.

18. Gen. Magnus

News Credits:
    Aye, and we all know how Rattrap wants to be treated which is why we have offered the direction that we have.

19. Gen. Magnus

News Credits:
    Yeah, just look at the first post in his feedback.

20. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

Somebody in this thread just needs to stop collecting Transformers online period, and it certainly isn't me. It's not even funny now, what with a fellow, stand-up 2005 member involved.

There is clearly too much a lack of maturity in handling online trading (the Fred debacle is enough evidence), resulting is these multiple issues. I never even heard about bad trades with other members until just now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.