Me and Movie Leader Megatron...w/pics

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by shockwave2005, Aug 3, 2007.

1. shockwave2005

shockwave2005 Well-Known Member

So after all this time of saying "OH HELLZ NO I'M NOT TOUCHING LEADER CLASS MEGATRON ZOMG", I caved.

I picked up Leader Megatron a few days ago.

Now, I have been a detractor of this figure because of the lack of head articulation and questionable color choices.

And now having spent some time with him, I must say that I was wrong. He's not perfect, but he's far from horrible. Good poseability, imposing stature, and a very detailed mold and an awesome headsculpt.

The instructions - as previously mentioned by others - are completely useless. It was only after I had tossed them aside that I finally transformed him successfully into the Alien Jet Of Doom.

So yeah, he's nice. Even nicer after I switched the spring from his fusion cannon to his mace.

I am now debating on whether or not to cut off the tab that locks his head in place. It really doesn't do anything, as the legs lock the entire back end of him in alt. mode. It looks like if that wasn't there, his head would have a lot more articulation without looking akward.

Pics. Enjoy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"Is it courage or fear that compels you, fleshling?"
    [​IMG]

"Give me the cube, boy!"
    [​IMG]

"MWAHAHAHAHAAA!!!!"
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And of course, most likely the repaint....behold........

GALVATRON!!!! :D 
    [​IMG]

2. chaosbringer_00

chaosbringer_00 I am indescribable.

Awesome pics, man. He is pretty awesome, isn't he? I gotta say, while he's far from perfect, he's one of the most damn fun things I own. I've already hit myself in the face with the flailing mace gimmick :D 

3. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, he's actually a well made figure so much so that I can look pass the "pink fairy wings"! :D 

4. Paradigm-Shift Prime

Paradigm-Shift Prime Unit Warrior TFW2005 Supporter

Hey that pic with the photoshop filter in the middle there looks hella awesome!!

I find that the figure is decent in bot mode but other than that super-sucky though (transformation, alt mode, overall movement, poseability, paint job, etc.). I was pretty disappointed.

5. shockwave2005

shockwave2005 Well-Known Member

Yeah...I wonder if there is a way to remove the pink wings while keeping the same chest transformation...I may have to look into that.