MCC Vs. Unique Toys. Which Predaking to choose?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by TFKaiser, Jan 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seali_me

seali_me RIP January 2018

Not really. Ultimately they still have the best prices around for the quality they are compared to by these companies. Safest bet.

Close to clicking that preorder though.

2. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    If you are talking about the Feralcons....WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR???

These things where made for you. If you order with in the first 10 days you get a healthy brown man's discount of 15-20%. Let's look at that.

You buy these at the discounted price. You know these things will sell out. If they do and a second run is made you also know that second runs always go up in price (or will sell at the non discounted price because the second run is being made due to high demand). So right off the bat, once you buy all these guys with the discount he will increase in price 15-20% on the secondary market. I am not saying this so you use him as some sort of investment but more so that if you change your mind in the end you get a gauranteed profit when you sell him off.

Seali, as a brown man, how do you say no to that??!!??

My only regret is that I can not swing a second set.

3. Cosablanca

Cosablanca Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    32cm?!!!! Omg!!!

4. Cosablanca

Cosablanca Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ok sorry. For a weird reason I thought in inches. and I was like "OMG thats like a child... where am I going to store such a beast!?" and then it hit me that it is in cm, hahaha. (still big though)

5. seali_me

Transbot, Herc is still too short. Same size as Herc, is quite a disappointment. An even bigger disappointment than Herc's size announcement.

Too many other stuff to take into consideration these days. I'm confused to where I should throw my wallet at... That announcement certainly threw me off.

Back to the thread topic, between the two, MMC gets my vote.

6. archieboy

archieboy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Now UT's War Hawk is at 60 USD from both Chimungmung and RK. Even if Razorclaw is more expensive, that puts the set well under 350; let's say 320. Feral Rex is at around 400 to 500, depending if you preorder or not?

I need to see how UT's Predaking looks before I make a decision. I hope it is a significant improvement over the custom, I don't like the proportions of that thing.

7. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Board Certified Fans Trollar

News Credits:
    Price war!!! Fight, fight, fight!!! Next MMC will offering us zero percent interest rate loans on their products.

8. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    mmc's is taller than herc

9. ATLMYK

ATLMYK Well-Known Member

Getting both, at least 2 full sets of MMC's and and one of UT. Possibly 3 MMC and 2 UT. Both look good. UT version is what the G1 should have been and the MMC version is the bastard child of awesome and badass.

10. seali_me

I keep forgetting how god damn short he is. MMC's how much taller?

11. RustyBarnacles

RustyBarnacles Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Bout an inch foot to head. (Not much).

12. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    Not much, the MMC Predaking is 12.5 inches. Seems pretty small to me.

13. Dr. Prime

Dr. Prime Dr. Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Without having each in hand it is difficult to really say which one will be better. I am going with MMC because of their increasing experience and quality in previous releases. I have no idea about the quality or experience of UT. Cheaper or not, its not worth the risk to me. It might very well turn out to be a great product, but until it is proven I will hold off.

14. seali_me

60$ for UT. WOW!

15. Stygian360

Stygian360 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This--^ Having made more than a few disappointing 3rd party purchases recently (I'm looking at you.. Alicon) I refuse to waste money on an untried 3rd company or product. Or I should say that I will at least hold off until I've seen copious reviews and have talked to other fans about said toy first.

Sometimes it's fun to experiment with a new company or product, but with 3rd party prices being what they are, it's not as fun as allotting that money to a more enjoyable purchase.

16. Theprimeoflegen

Theprimeoflegen Til all are gone!!!!!!

It also comes down to how much you want to pay Ut is going for $60 And MMC is ranging from $75 to $115 but they are bigger. I myself am getting both to see which I prefer.

17. jbz

jbz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    yeah, for them to get more sales in this Predaking war, they probably have to drop the prices like this. Still the shipping from those places are still high. Probably best if can stack em up and get a combined shipping discount.

The only way I was going to even slightly consider the UT version is if the prices dropped big time. I think this qualifies as big time. $50 would be nice ;) 

18. jerminator

jerminator Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Hmm...with the permanent price drop vs the preorder discount and seeing that the Unique Toys Predaking scales better with the FP/MT gestalts...I may be switching my vote. Being a cheap bastard (lol I know, wrong hobby, right?) I will gladly trailblaze and give UT a chance. Hell, that gamble worked with Toyworld's Hegemon.

19. archieboy

archieboy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just hope UT sticks to 60 per limb and doesn't pull a dick move by jacking the price back up in the next releases.

20. dwong1207

dwong1207 Well-Known Member

I posted a thread like this back when UT announced War Hawk and MMC put out Not Tantrum in response...but that was a long time ago. I'm still voting for MMC. Bigger and even with the price war, pricing is the same. I am tempted to get the UT version though...but gonna fight the temptation :p 

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.