MC gestalt figure 2 revealed

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Steevy Maximus, Feb 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hiro Prime

Hiro Prime Cybertronian Guru Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    As far as the club goes, I think fans have a somewhat misconstued idea of what the club is suppose to be about. I, for one see that we get a "FREE" basic figure, (the fifth one being a deluxe) 12 newsprint magazines with every other month having an insert that's half articles and half comic, a discount at the club store (which I must admit isn't much of a discount) a discount on Botcon tickets, and access to a club forum much like this one. (only not as built up as of yet)

Now, if I haven't left anything out (and I'm sure someone will post if I have) That's what your $40.00 get you. In my Opinion, it's worth it. Would I like to see more? Sure. Would it cost more to get more? Would I want to pay more? that would depend on what we would get.

I'm also of an opinion that we as members only get out of the club what we put into it. That is to say, if you want to see more, then tell them so. Contribute. Pete has asked for contributions in the past. To me, being part of a club means doing ones part to make it successful.

So, if all you are contributing is money (Club dues) then you really shouldn't complain about what you get.

And before I get reminded, yes those who live outside the US are being screwed. We as a club should address this with Brian to see what could be done about bringing some the costs down for our fellow fans across the sea.

To those who aren't members, what right do you have to bitch? It shouldn't matter what the club does if you're not a member. If you would like to join but don't think it's worth the price, that's your problem not the club's. All they can do is make an offer, it's up to you if you want to join or not. Now I'm not saying you don't have a right to post an opinion about things, just be mindful of others rights to join if they believe it is a good deal to them.

2. ashe5k

ashe5k Well-Known Member

OK, not to gripe, but the club forums are awful to look at. They hurt my eyes. It's hard to contribute when you're blind.

I don't feel as a club member that I'm getting all that was advertised when I first signed up for it. I was looking forward to some exlcusive figures in the store and we got none. The store wasn't even up when I signed up and neither were the forums. For the first several months I was a member there was nothing but a website advertising everyhting that we should get and still haven't in some regards.

I'm glad we got discounts on Botcon. That doesn't change the fact that it was such short notice I couldn't save up to go. As far as I know there hasn't been anything as far as the new convention other than the exclusives mentioned. I need time to figure out travel plans and so on. Being out in the middle of nowhere in Ohio doesn't make it easy to get to Texas or wherever else they plan on having it. Especially if I have to plan around taking care of my family and saving up for an anniversary cruise with my wife.

Considering the forum wasn't put up until December, it was hard to get ideas in. Is it bad that I'm not communicating to them directly now, probably. It still doesn't change the fact that I feel I didn't get what was offered with the club registration in my first year with the club and that I'm not seeing anything that says I'll get all that was offered in the second year either. I think that's the bottom line for me. I feel like I'm getting alot more out of forums like this one here and a few others I go to and I'm not even paying for those.

Yup. I think I just talked myself out of not signing up this year.

3. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    D00d, we've tried. Over and over again. The club forums are littered with posts from overseas members who aren't happy with paying such an extortionately high cost for what US members enjoy for such a low one. And they are also littered with replies from Brian and Rik, telling us that nothing can/will be done about it.
    Until MC wake up and change their mailing service to one that isn't ripping them off, overseas members will continue to feel royally shafted for wanting to enjoy their hobby.

4. Galvarez

Galvarez Veteran

Actually Draven, I just point to where Brian has posted about the subject before.

5. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Enh...it's a grey line, to me. :/

But I -would- like to extend from this point that, if you haven't already done so, it's prooobably a touch more effective to voice your thoughts on this over at the TFCC boards (should you be able to log in there). I tend to assume that if I want the MC folks in charge to hear something from me as a member, I should post it over there.

6. Hiro Prime

Hiro Prime Cybertronian Guru Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You are quite correct, Vangelus. I was just trying to bring some balance to some of the negative posts here.

7. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    Except that the club has now locked the appropriate thread....

8. Vangelus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I didn't see that 'til after my post here. :banghead: 

9. ashe5k

ashe5k Well-Known Member

So much for that idea...

10. Vangelus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, there are more threads on that board. :D  The subforum in question is titled "Ask...", so I'd say go ahead in there and ask things.

That said, I don't encourage spamming them with a billion copies of the same thread, but there were many seperate issues being discussed in the locked thread-in-question.

11. Kickback

Kickback @GeekWithChris Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    $35? $40? I thought it was 35. Whatever. So it was 40. It was a year ago. I don't remember last week let alone last year. :p 

So this is the first test on the resolve of Master Collector taking on a full "OMG THAT SUX!!" from our overly negative community. I think what everyone who says "OMG CRAP!" to the figures are really trying to say is this:

We fork out $40 a year. We have to spend, some of us, over a thousand dollars to get to the convention. We want to be wow'd. We want stuff that will make the little boy inside of us scream (or girl). We want to react all stereotypical to something totally nerdish.

That being said, when we see what looks like a lazy or not-thought-out repaint of a figure, we're going to bitch. And that's our right. Why do we have to sit through another lackluster figure in the COLLECTORS CLUB? Many argue that they have to sit through crap toys in the mainline toys, and they wait for real figures from the convention to come out as that's what they look forward to.

I'm not sensing that anymore.

I want to get excited again. I want the passion to flow like it used to. I want to find out the announced date of the show and call up Jux and be like "Bitch, we're going!" like we did years ago. But it's just not going to happen. We've already been told the first cost-cutting measure ... but only after renewal notices went out. Even though they knew, probably since the last BotCon, what was going to happen. I went through the "lack of updates" and the "last second information" and "failure to deliver on promises" from a certain former convention mastermind.

Kind of crappy that a year later, here we go again.

12. ambushbug74

ambushbug74 Stroke me, Stroke me! TFW2005 Supporter

^^ That about sums it up for me.

I'm just mad that I am helping fund the conventions, yet really don't get that many benefits out of it. I'll support it this year, but not sure about after that.

13. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    This is exactly why I haven't yet seen a reason to join the collector's club. Excellently stated, KB.

14. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Retired Admln Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Pinterest:
    Exactly the reason I have never joined

That is exactly what I am talking about, I have not been that excited since Botcon 2002 and the lead up to OTFCC 2003 Which sucked Balls in Comparison and that's where my enthusiasm died, it did come back for Botcon 2004 and I had a blast there and as soon as MC was announced the licence my heart sank. I am a long time Joe Fan, and as a result have dealt with MC for a long time and all I will say is this and you make your own conclusion. The GI Joe Convention was in Downtown Minneapolis this last year and I was working at Sega Gameworks downtown across the street from it, literally across the skyway, and I DID NOT GO.

15. The Phazer

The Phazer Well-Known Member

The thread where Brian says "there's nothing we can do" despite us pointing out shipping methods that are half the price, faster and better insured, and the only response seems to be sticking his fingers in his ears and going "la la la"?

Phazer

16. Galvarez

Galvarez Veteran

I do not control how FP ships items out, in fact, I'm not even sure how they do it. Whatever system they have I'm sure works best for them.

17. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm sure if they gave shipping options, then they'd sell a heck of a lot more merchandise. The shipping it outrageous.

Also, I hope someone is listening to all of the people that aren't going to renew. THOSE are the ones you need input from. WHY are they leaving? HOW can we keep more people from leaving for the same reasons? What would make them come back? Just some simple marketing...

Chris

18. The Phazer

The Phazer Well-Known Member

I can absolutely guarantee it doesn't.

Phazer

19. brittap

brittap Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes they SAY the 2006 con. figs will be remolds, but thet also said the 2006 club fig. would be a remold.

I say about 2 days befor the con. a lot of people get this message

" Due to the low number of people renewing membership in the club we were unable to pay to remold the figs. for the con. We knew of this months ago but wanted to wait till many of you prepayed for the con."

And I think we'll never see remolds for the club, they'll just hope that since we bought 2 of them we'll keep renewing membership just to get the set.

Full me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. No $40 for you this time.

20. Dark Magnus

Dark Magnus Your opinion is wrong!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    When I read the excuse for no remolding on Landquake, I think "Not enough people bought the botcon set, so to offset the defecit in expected funds, we decided to break a promise on the free club figure."

As I said again, the next club figure is going to have to be heavily remolded and make me stop and say "Holy s**t, that's a damn nice figure!" to get me to fork over my hard earned money.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.