Mayhem Mekanics Present Unrustable Bastards

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by CZ Hazard, Jul 23, 2013.

1. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel Possibly a manchildren...maybe?

News Credits:
    To counter, some are already painting wash and panel lines on the figures. Packaging and shipping aside, if an unpainted sprue of weapons were a means of cutting paint and assembly costs of the shotguns, could that offset other costs enough and avoid recycling the unfinished weapons pieces?

2. kukuburd

kukuburd Eh?

Soo...any update on when the KS original will be shipping?

3. Hicks_Royel

News Credits:
    ... And was there any progress on the petition?

4. Grimlock4Prime

Grimlock4Prime Member

I haven't heard anything about it since Spence first brought it up. Then again, it didn't bother me one way or another. If people actively want it then I wouldn't mind putting my name down, but if it falls through then I won't loose any sleep.

5. Spence

Spence Well-Known Member

Waiting on delivery from the factory still.

As soon as evrrything is ready and beginning delivery people will be notified with tracking.

Until that time, not much else to say really, just waiting on them.

6. kukuburd

kukuburd Eh?

O...k...So are the factory guys away on holiday? are they still assembling/painting the figures? Or are they done with that and in the midst of packing the figures into their final shipment boxes? Or are they busy working on another order in parallel and only dedicating a portion of their manpower towards the bastards?

Not sure if this was already shared previously or maybe I missed it, but was there an estimated date for the first batch of figures? Was there a target shipment date commmited by the factory?

Tnx

7. Spence

Spence Well-Known Member

You ask these questions like the factory provides answers. Unfortunately it is not like that in the slightest.

What they are working on exactly? I don't know. What date will they be delivered? I don't know that either. While I continue to ask these types of questions, I am met with silence or non committal answers. The last firm date I received was Dec 15th. That was at the beginning of December. We are at the mercy of the factory and there is nothing that can be done about it other than wait.

Right now the factory is winding down for cny and is most likely half capacity or less. As for why they are not meeting expected delivery dates, your guess is as good as my own as there is nothing more to be done on our end other than receiving the product. This is usually communiacated to me the day before it arrives at the HK warehouse.

The last info I received is the figures themselves are all completed. This means the wait is somewhere between box production and packing to carton production and packing. Unfortunately they don't provide day to day operation information.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Pikachu_King

Pikachu_King Well-Known Member

Awesome, glad to hear it's getting closer even if it's behind schedule.

9. Hicks_Royel

News Credits:
    That's what I figured. Well, if no one makes the effort to even start the petition then we only have ourselves to blame for at least this. Anyone want to point me in the direction of a petition making... thing?

10. Lodril

Lodril Poet of Destruction

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    That can't be right - CNY is in February.
    Maybe they're winding down for western New Year's? That's usually just a couple of days off like it is in the US though, unlike the weeklong break things take for CNY, so it's usually not quite as big a deal.

11. Spence

Spence Well-Known Member

Factories do begin slowing down in Jan for the Feb closure. I have been informed that the facility is slowing things down and are not at full capacity. CNY is not at all like holidays in the west. In the China factories CNY is the only holiday in the year in many cases so it is a very big deal. 9 months of production, 1 slowdown, 1 shutdown and 1 wind up again. This is how it goes.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Pikachu_King

Just popping in to wish everyone a happy new year and ask if there's been any movement yet. These are still my most anticipated figures so far this year!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Hicks_Royel

News Credits:
    Reads like we'll be waiting until after the Chinese New Year.

14. Spence

Spence Well-Known Member

And a happy new year back.

Actually the Bastard arrived at the warehouse yesterday afternoon and the wife and I spent the next 2 days packing and labeling. Hoping they will be sent to the post office tomorrow or Friday so people should start to receive them next week.

Tracking is unfortunately a lot more complicated. Kickstarter does not have a good set up for sending out tracking numbers and so it looks like everything will have to be done manually and emails sent out direct. This is also unfortunate as for the next 2 days I am on planes and don't have the access to get this done and so tracking also won't go out until next week as well.

If you did not contact Mayhem directly about shipping early before Otomo was released then your order may not have shipped yet and is being held until Otomo arrives hopefully around the end of the month.

I am sure everyone will be eager to hear everyone's thoughts so don't forget to post photos and opinions when they arrive.

• Like Like x 10
  15. mcart

mcart I'm not fat, it's Prime Armor

News Credits:
    Woohoo!! It's happening! It's happening!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Pikachu_King

Thank you so much for taking the time to pop in and update us, as well as the time to pack and label everything. I did indeed pay the extra to ship before Otomo so I am super hyped.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Xenock

Xenock Active Member

And the Non Kick starters, and purple guys? They will be what? Next month? Or will we get a confirmation when they ship?

18. Spence

Spence Well-Known Member

Non KS end of the month. I have not heard anything more on the purple version at this time.

• Like Like x 1
  19. mcart

mcart I'm not fat, it's Prime Armor

News Credits:
    Awesome. Does that include the ones going to, for example, The Chosen Prime? :)  Looking forward very much to the pics and vids but getting my hands on one, even more so! Also looking forward to getting Proto whenever he becomes available.

20. Pikachu_King

I was originally told store order 850s would go out with the KS shipments, is that still the case or will mine be end of month timing? No big deal either way just trying to gauge when to expect them to arrive.