Mayhem Mekanics Present Unrustable Bastards

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by CZ Hazard, Jul 23, 2013.

1. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel Punched a squirrel.

News Credits:
    Hey, yeah, where are the guns that were supposed to be on the figure?

2. Tarrn

Tarrn Bikeformer Fanboy

It hasn't been confirmed yet which weapons Otomo will come with. We've seen the 'cleaver' and 'sword' (well, sword for the rider, dagger in the bikebot's hand) in Maz's photos, so I assume it has those, but we don't know what else. I will be disappointed if it doesn't come with the twin red shotguns, though, the different stickers is one thing but the shotguns were specifically shown on the KS promotional picture for the Otomo pledge.

By the way, for the MM crew, the description of the Spector General figure in the shop says it comes with "2 small shotguns." Are these the standard bike-mounted shotguns like the ones seen on the Iride/Burley and Otomo promotional pictures, or are these the smaller shotguns / rifles for the rider, or are both included?

Edit: to clarify, the Spector figure comes with:
    • Large rotating saw weapon (E)
    • Very large blaster (D)
    • large axe (G)
    • small scythe (I)
    • 2 small shotguns (2 x B, or 2 x L) ?
    • 2 blank big bike chest parts (N) (as seen in latest pictures)
    Since I was being a bit OCD about it, I decided to break down what I think is the included weapons on the other figures for future reference.

Burley/Iride:
    • 2 large shotguns (2 x B)
    • 2 large pistols (2 x C)
    • 1 large chainsaw gun (A)
    • 2 small rider pistols (2 x H)
    • 2 vent chest parts (P)
    • 2 round big bike chest parts (O)
    Prospect (both colours):
    • 2 pistols (2 x H)
    • 2 rifles (2 x L)
    • 1 sword (J)
    • 1 large blaster (K)
    • 1 scythe (I)
    • Brasso parts (not in weapon pack)
    • 2 damaged big bike chest parts (M)
    • 2 straight line big bike chest parts (Q)
    • 2 round big bike chest parts (O)
    • 2 vented big bike chest parts (P)
    Otomo (unconfirmed, the following seen in pictures):
    • Large cleaver sword (F)
    • Small sword (J)
    • 1 large blaster (K) - unseen, but I would be surprised if it wasn't, as it's pretty close in appearance to Kaneda's iconic heavy laser rifle
    • 2 straight line big bike chest parts (Q)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 19, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel Punched a squirrel.

News Credits:
    I guess promo shots haven't exactly been reliable sources of final product up to now so... there's that. Like you, I will be disappointed if the guns are not in the final Otomo product. But add it to the list, I guess?

Ah well.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Spence

Spence Well-Known Member

Some very nice OCD work going on there.

the Spector parts are indeed L and your Otomo parts are all correct there. That is everything he comes with. The Brasso parts can all be seen here: http://mayhemmekanics.com/2017/12/mm04-the-prospect-first-look/

5. Wheeljoker

Wheeljoker Well-Known Member

I have to agree I'm gonna be a bit disappointed without the big guns for Otomo too. They make him look much more menacing in bike mode

6. Spence

Spence Well-Known Member

Well, I will tell you what I can do......

If you can get me a petition with 60 of the KS backers on it (half of the Otomo figures sold) then I can see about getting the factory to do a run of the large guns in Red. it will add a significant delay to the release of the figure, up to 2 months depending on if we can schedule it before or after CNY. The guns would have to be included in a bag inside the box as the weapon tray is already produced and so the guns can not be added to the dedicated tray. I would need to have this petition in hand and complete with all the KS names (only KS names of people who have actually purchased the Otomo would count) by the 27th of December so I can have it into the factory ASAP before anything is actually completed for the figure.

There is access to the KS comments, this forum, the Facebook page and group and twitter. If you make it happen then we will also make it happen.

THE PEOPLE HAVE SPOKEN!

• Like Like x 2
  7. TFao

TFao Well-Known Member

Will the large guns be included in the weapons pack? And in what color(s) can we expect to see the weapons pack in? Because I’m planning to grab at least one weapons pack.

Would be kinda cool if the red guns could be included in an “Otomo” weapons pack.

8. Spence

Spence Well-Known Member

The weapon pack can be seen here: MM05 – The Arsenal Assortment First Look!.

This is everything the weapon pack comes with, plastic color and painted. There is only 1 version of the weapon pack planned at this time.

• Like Like x 3
  9. TFao

TFao Well-Known Member

Thanks for the link!

Don’t know how I missed that. First time seeing that pic for me was just a handful of posts above.

Looks pretty sweet though. I’m down for most likely one with a slight possibility of a double dip.

• Like Like x 1
  10. kukuburd

kukuburd Eh?

I missed this as well, where can I buy it? I don't see it in the shop anywhere

• Like Like x 1
  11. Spence

Spence Well-Known Member

it is not up in the shop yet, still waiting for some confirmation on pricing on this one. We are expecting it to be around the same prices as the prospect figures but just want to be sure.

Thanks for the patience.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Tarrn

Tarrn Bikeformer Fanboy

Thanks for the reply, Spence. I'll have to have a think about the red shotgun petition - I'm planning to get the weapons pack anyway so that will come with two black shotguns for Otomo to use, and I don't know if I want to delay my order for just those because I'm getting a Spector for someone else.

...speaking of which, though, the two pictures of the Spector in bike mode on the KS page do show a pair of black shotguns. I don't know if it would be right to offer Spector buyers (KS only, not the shop version) the same petition? Maybe an acceptable compromise would be to do a single run of black shotguns so each KS-backed Spector and Otomo could have two shotguns per bike?

Last edited: Dec 20, 2017
  13. Spence

Spence Well-Known Member

Not saying it is a bad idea but this is where it begins to get complicated and believe me, this entire experience has been already so complicated for the factory they are as eager to be done with this project as we are. There are 23 different head sculpts, 7 big weapons, 5 small weapons, 5 versions of the chest panels, 3 full figure release, 2 prospect releases and a weapons pack. it has been nothing short of a total nightmare trying to keep everyone on the same page and I have gone through about 20 different revisions of colors, what parts go with what release, and so on and so on. The factory is so confused at this point and I have gone over each release with them over and over to ensure each version gets the right parts. Trying to add more differences now will only throw monkey wrenches into the entire process.

The weapons pack does come with all of the weapons for all the sets so it is fairly easy to pick up extras if desired but the weapons are all done in a dark grey with black and silver paint applications on them. I have committed that I will get the red guns done for the set if the demand is there but adding black guns...going with different colors, it will not only get confusing but it will get costly as well. If I want to add the red guns to the MM03 we will be billed for the changes, but if this is the route the community wants to go then I am more than willing to eat the difference in production costs and add them to the figure. Also please understand, that to manufacture the large rifles, it is not only the 6 parts that are needed for them, but they will also have to run the mold for the pistols, the chainsaw weapon and I believe 4 other parts as well. All of those extra parts do need to be paid for but the plastic will end up just being scrapped.

Not going to be an ass but if you really want black shotguns for your Spector, I am going to suggest getting the weapon set and a can of black spray paint.........:cool: 

• Like Like x 3
  14. Cyberrabbits

Cyberrabbits Well-Known Member

My my I am excited for for this product....I hope it get shipped out soon....

15. Pikachu_King

Pikachu_King Well-Known Member

Hey @Spence , if the petition goes through wouldn't it be less wasteful if the weapons are complete on that sprue to just send the sprue as a build it yourself add-on? That'd save on assembly costs and give everyone the other weapons on it as a bonus. That said they'd not have any paint details.

16. Spence

Spence Well-Known Member

Well like everything, it is not quite that simple. The sprue is too big for the box so no way you could just cast and pack to box so that won't work. The rifle does have 3 paint applications on it, the handle, one side of the grip and the other side of the grip and that would need to be done to include a finished piece. The pistol parts only have the handle painted so that is not so bad but clip from the sprue, clean up, assembly and paint is all tallied when it comes to costs. the chainsaw gun is also 3 parts and has 2 paint apps to it so again, to do it right, it would take a certain amount of work involved.

So there must be a weigh in as to how much expenses are to be put into this. Sure the rifle does have a certain level of cost involved but as I said, I would have it done if that is what the people want. For the remainder of the parts, it is not worth to pay even more on assembly and paint and I really can't justify just putting loose unpainted parts into the box.

The weapon set does have you covered for any and all weapons you can think of and the dark grey will work with any of the 3 figures without being too out of place. All of the weapons in the set also have their paint applications already so no need to add any more to them unless you want a higher level of detailing done. I am a firm believer that if you need/want additional weapons, this is your way to go.

17. Wheeljoker

Wheeljoker Well-Known Member

I imagine I'll probably end up with some weapon packs at some point. I backed all in and ordered the purple guy with an additional white prospect figure last week. I guess we'll see what the masses think,I just took it for granted that Otomo would have red guns since all his pictures showed them.

18. Dek

Dek Y R U Reading This?

I'm fine with what Otomo comes with, (stickers and weapons,) since I'll just give him the shotguns from my Bastards figure. To others who want red weapons; good luck I'll sign, your petition if needed.

Also do we have an ETA for when these are being shipped to stores that backed them?

19. Tarrn

Tarrn Bikeformer Fanboy

Spence - thanks again, I hadn't realised it would be so complicated. My thinking was that if you were willing to make red shotguns for Otomo, it might not be too much extra work to make (what I now realise were probably light grey) shotguns for Spector. I also thought black was the 'standard' weapon colour used for the Bastards and weapon pack, not the dark grey you mentioned, which is why I suggested a single run of black because I though it would work for both figures while being cheaper/easier than doing two colour runs. I didn't even realise the guns had any paint apps. Objection withdrawn. :) 

EDIT: Weapons pack image now with bonus pedantry!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 25, 2017
  20. Skrunklemin

Skrunklemin Well-Known Member

I think I'll end up giving one of the Bastards' guns to Otomo. Black as opposed to red just strengthens the Akira homage since Kaneda's huge gun at the end was black.