Mayhem Mekanics Present The Yamazuki

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by CZ Hazard, Sep 30, 2017.

1. OptionZero

OptionZero Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thats why i also suggested hip skirts to cover the hip joints

This is not about naking all robots proportioned the same the same human way

The current proportions are neither heroic, or evil .. they're just goofy and ugly

I guess we're never going to agree on this. The current design will not get any of my money, so i suppose thats that

• Like Like x 1
  2. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel Punched a squirrel.

News Credits:
    And that's fair enough. It's unfortunate but also saves you the money.

About the only thing I would like to see changed is the tail hanging off the bot mode.

In the profile shot, the figure appears to even have space in the small of his back for a hinge to be placed so that the curve his back and that of the tail can mesh and attend to the problem.

3. Skrunklemin

Skrunklemin TFW2005 Supporter

I love the look of this design, but I don't think it fits the Yamazukis or ninja motif if I'm being honest. I absolutely love the angular, sleek Yamazuki sketch that was shown previously though.

I dig the idea someone else brought up about running with the insect vibe this design has. Maybe even have them all as a hive-mind which even plays into the body horror concept.

Just my thoughts upon seeing this, but good fiction will make anything work so really I'm open-minded about it.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Wheeljoker

Wheeljoker Well-Known Member

I think I agree with all of this..well put

• Like Like x 2
  5. Hicks_Royel

News Credits:
    Perhaps, then, a rebranding is in order?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Omega 0ne

Omega 0ne YF-21

I'm digging the anime influences of this design. Once I saw the Crimson Kings render it reminded me of something between a Mospeada Ride Armor and an Armored Trooper Votoms Scopedog. It would be really cool to see some variants with more armor pieces and heavy military type weapons.
    Megahouse_Mospeada_Ride Armor_VR-052F (Stick Type).jpg
    ArmoredTrooperVotoms_Koto_D-Style_Scopedog_Berkoff_squad_08.jpg

Last edited: Oct 2, 2017
  7. Hicks_Royel

News Credits:
    Agreed.

8. Nemesis251

Nemesis251 Gas Powered Stick

What was the previous version?

9. OriginalFire

OriginalFire Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Will this be another Kickstarter

10. OptionZero

News Credits:
    Lemme repost the original sketch for this:

[​IMG]

bit more mass and vertical length in the torso and some hip skirts that hide the hip joints. Thousand times better imo

That enforcer . . . can't wait for that

• Like Like x 4
  11. ZombehDino

ZombehDino Scavenger

Twitter:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    While I miss the samurai-looking concept we saw a while back, I do like these little dudes in overall design. I think they have a lot of character, the 'body horror' idea is really neat/unsettling, and the fact that they can ride one another junkion-style while still allowing for a prospect and other 3.75" figures to drive them is awesome. However, as others have said I think some things could be done to improve them and make them a little more engaging.

For one, I think they need more of a defined abdomen section. Their torso looks a bit disproportionate, with the chest looking overly bulky and large compared to the ab and pelvis sections. Those could use some beefing up imo. Perhaps the bot design could also benefit from a slightly longer torso, but not to the point where is compromises the deliberately stocky look.

Also, I feel like the body horror theme could come through a little more strongly in the robot mode. I like the vestigial arms idea, but maybe add some other details to emphasize the concept. Like, say, something resembling a stressed rib cage on the torso?

This is more nitpicky and subjective but... I'm not crazy about the breastplate found on the chest of several of the gangs. It looks corny to me, and while not bad-looking it kind of distracts from the sinister body horror concept at the core of the design. It just looks out of place to me. Keep it on Sewer Barons, to be sure, but for the Game of Death gang, the Scorpio Riffs, the Switchblade Jesters, and the X Block Phantoms, I'd honestly recommend going with something slightly more minimalist and abstract as you did with the Crimson Kings and the Trash Torquers. The human-looking pecs and abs are just a bit distracting to me.

As for the bike mode, I'd suggest trying to find a way to make the topside bulk a bit lower and sleeker. I like the scooter idea and the overall design is nice, but I will admit that it is a bit too bulbous for its own good. This is probably the lowest thing on my priority list because I really like the bike mode as is but I figured I'd give all of the feedback that I can in the early stages.

Overall, I'm really excited for these guys and I'm glad to see this line expanding. With a bit of refinement though, I think these have the potential to be as over-the-top great as the Bastard mold. Keep up the great work guys, I'm looking forward to further updates!

12. OptionZero

News Credits:
    i'm not sure what the enforcer gimmick will be - IIRC, they don't have "riders" or "drivers" right?

I'm always a sucker for a good car robot, and the sketch looks great. Like beefier jazz

13. DJW107PRIME

DJW107PRIME Autobot Hero TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Right, like Jazz opened the Matrix.

14. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    I posted this earlier but the original Yama Zuki design is said to still be on the cards as a general.

15. Skrunklemin

Skrunklemin TFW2005 Supporter

I vaguely remember the Enforcers being headmaster-ish from a blog post a while ago, but I could be wrong. Cannot wait to see more on them!

16. delta7890

delta7890 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not liking these guys as much as the first set. I don't really care for the dome heads, and I especially don't care for said dome heads being visible in vehicle mode. With a name like "Yamazuki" I was expecting more of a sleek, bladed "ninja bike" looking design like this:

[​IMG]

What you've got going on is more of what I think would be called a "touring bike". It's not terrible, but it doesn't have the aggressive look I was hoping for.

I'd also like to add that while I like the idea of a "power armor" or "exo suit" style of combination, I don't like the idea of disassembling the Prospect to achieve this.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  17. ZombehDino

ZombehDino Scavenger

Twitter:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    They mentioned in the first post that you can't actually put a Prospect in the Yamazuki. The only rider parts are the ones you can see in the robot mode, there isn't a dismembered figure in there. The "disassembled Prospect" is a story concept to show that the Yamazukis are fused to their bikes and not part of the actual toy design.

18. delta7890

delta7890 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I stand corrected, did not read that bit closely enough. That being said, the lack of proper Prospect integration is a bit of a downer. I'd totally be down for a sort of "Exo Squad" sort of deal. In fact they even had one that turned into a bike...

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  19. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    A couple more thoughts now that I looked at this again. As they are now, if this went up on kickstarter again I probably wouldn't back it. Not next to the look of the General or the Enforcers sketches above.

These 'foot soldiers' don't share many design cues with the 'General' design beyond the wheel wings. Overall, the General design is so much more appealing than these guys. If they are supposed to be the same faction, they don't look like they mix well at all considering how differently they are built. The proportions of the General from the sketch are 100% better than these grunts because it doesn't have that cliff face of a pelvis and thigh armor to bulk it out the midsection. The mooks don't have any of the overlapping and layered armor panels like the Generals either and they don't share anything in the way of detailing or design cues. The generals also don't espouse any of the body modification that the regulars seem to imply.

I have no idea if changing them to be more inline with the generals is something that is in the cards, but I think much of the smooth surface area on the current render here needs to be a similar version of the general's layered plate armor. The shoulders, robot thighs, wing piece, and pelvis off these scooter guys especially need it. The pelvis needs something similar to what the General has going on at the very least. The chest armor bits flat out need thought out better.

If you want to do the body horror it needs dialed up a few notches to get the point across. The head inside the dome should be lined with a lot of wiring detailing running into the head, mouth and an eyesockets, so they almost look grotesque when lifting the dome helmet. Sort of like the Last Stand of the Wreckers Twin Twist's face or IDW Bludgeon. Make it ooze a completely irreversible process.

twintwisted.jpg

The smaller robot details should come through somewhere else in the overall design. The chest area should come through in the design of the torso somehow. Deform the torso armor a little showing that it's there? If you want to keep the look of the smaller biker guy hands being visible in some capacity, have them able flop out of the armor like they're just danging off the larger arms while the larger arms can remain as they're own thing. Like have them able to peg in to keep them together or separate to have 4 limbs. As they are now they look extremely silly since the actual claw arms are barely any bigger than the normal arms. If possible add an ab crunch to the hunch and you have a more insectoid and freak of nature looking robot. An ab crunch can add a hunch to the overall look. And honestly, ab crunches should be in all the things.

If you aren't going to do anything with the seat section tail thing then have it fold up into the back so that it gets out of the way like hicks suggested.

• Like Like x 1
  20. IgneousRock

IgneousRock New Member

I dig the design, but I get more of a Soviet Russia feel for them than Japanese. They kinda remind me of radiation suits I guess which makes me think of Chernobyl. So me personally I'd go with the Crimson Comrades (Kings) deco and put some Hammer & Sickle logos on them.

• Like Like x 1