Mayhem Mekanics Present The Yamazuki

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by CZ Hazard, Sep 30, 2017.

1. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel Punched a squirrel.

News Credits:
    I don't understand the dislike of the design. Or the desire to cram everything into a human-like bipedal form.

Last I checked, they are alien robots... let them look a little more alien.

I am fine with everything I see.

2. OptionZero

OptionZero Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's about balance

All the mass is up top, then the legs are like stilts coming down from a flying fire hydrant

• Like Like x 1
  3. Tontus314

Tontus314 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Where's the red and gold version?

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  4. Thinktank

Thinktank Well-Known Member

I dig these!

5. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    I'm not bothered about the proportions, it's a robot, it doesn't need to look human.
    The body horror concept is cool, when I saw the schematic without any context yesterday I thought you were shooting for an MCU Hulkbuster kind of thing but this is cooler.
    Weapons and their storage is cool.
    Pricepoint being lower then the Bastards is appreciated.

With all that said, I don't like the bike at all, I'm not a motorcycle enthusiast so perhaps my opinion on this is moot but it just doesn't look cool or exciting. I get the mods thing but that carries no strong appeal for me personally.

Most of all I'm disappointed to see that very cool looking robo samurai bike concept from ages ago binned. I totally understand wanting to make them unique and Cassy has certainly achieved that here and I will be buying it but maybe there could still be a place in your universe for the samurai guys too?
    Since these guys are leaning more towards ninjas then samurais then it would seem thematically appropriate to have a samurai gang to oppose them.

6. Hicks_Royel

News Credits:
    Yes... because we've never seen bloated upper torsos and tiny lower bodies before.
    5ee334726a311582d4e9beeaa1c38c53.png
    Bumblebee-transformers-prime-34680991-400-667.jpg tfa_bumblebee_cybertron_mode_by_setinal_pax-d5b51ti.jpg guido__s_tf_victory_bumblebee_colored_by_machsabre-d4onful.jpg mp21g-g2bb-01.jpg

7. Bisto Yeti

Bisto Yeti Well-Known Member

at first glance I was a bit put off with these but they have grown on me. I can see them being very divisive.

I can totally see these zipping around some neon cityscape and I love how they are a lot more anime Influenced than just transformers.

The Bastards felt like man shaped machines becoming bikes. These feel like bikes that become man shaped machines.

I'm not sure if the vestigial arms are working for me, I think I'm terms of body horror they need to look more tortured.

8. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    Just an fyi for anyone who liked the previous Yama Zuki concept, I got this reply from them on Facebook.

"They're not dropped, just postponed. We're saving that design for the Yamazuki Generals."

So some great news there. :D 

• Like Like x 3
  9. kukuburd

kukuburd Eh?

I don't know about this scooter look for their bikes..given their obvious japanese biker gang inspired backstory, I was expecting something more along the lines of the rat bikes that Japanese Bosozoku gangs ride. Not this vespa lookalike...it's a cool design, don't get me wrong, but I don't think it fits the backstory.

An example of the rat bikes that's part of Bosozoku culture in Japan:

[​IMG]

*Edit: Bosozoku gangs, not Yankees(delinquents)

Last edited: Oct 2, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  10. DJW107PRIME

DJW107PRIME Autobot Hero TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    .... I still need more time looking at these but there somethings I like and some I don't care for so much. As for the yellow squad I see Ten from MTMTE so I vote "TENS" for the name. Is Otomo still the President/Road Captain of the Yamazukis?

11. SG Roadbuster

SG Roadbuster SG Wrecker

News Credits:
    I am digging these. I love seeing what happens when 3p designers cut loose from established transformers asthetics and characters.

A thought on the body horror aspect. Since there was mention of swappable chest plates, would it be possible to sculpt a Prospect torso into the basic chest of the mecha? To hammer the point home?

Loving these, hope they can come out with the plastic quality and good qc that Sark's designs deserve

• Like Like x 1
  12. Trent

Trent Froody

News Credits:
    The bike mode is not what I was expecting. With a name like "Yamazukis" I was expecting the alt modes to take inspiration from bikes like the R1 and GSX-R.

I get why these alt modes look like they do. If you turned into a bike then there is no need to conform to the traditional formula of motorcycle design. But they definitely gave off an initial granny scooter vibe.

Bot mode is cool. I'm not blown away, but it's cool :) 

13. soybean56

soybean56 Well-Known Member

I'm digging these designs. I'm fine with the proportions, but if an elongating chest is worked in I could choose to use it or not. It's a transforming alien robot so non-human proportions are A-Ok with me.

Notable Pros:
    - I like the basic design. It's quirky and unique. Excited to see this develop.
    - Just about every paint scheme is tempting me in some way. That'll be a difficult poll.
    - Weapon storage and potential for modding/updating later.

Notable Cons:
    - The seat thing sticking down behind his back in robot mode. I'd like if that could hinge/rotate up to be more along the spine and not hanging down.
    - The little Prospect vestigal hands. I like the body horror idea, but I would like if the Yamazuki gauntlets could have the option of covering the little hand.

I'm getting a very strong vibe of Gun Max from Brave J-Decker (box picture below). I think Cassy has mentioned enjoying Brave :) 

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 2, 2017
  14. Pikachu_King

Pikachu_King Well-Known Member

My only issue with them is that they use the body horror concept, which negates the older back story of the prospect being ex yamazuki, but if that small detail in the old writing posts is change I love the looks of these new bots.

15. Grimlock4Prime

Grimlock4Prime New Member

I love the idea that these guys have basically become their bikes. It would make fitting through a doorway a little tricky, but I'd imagine in the robot world things would work a little differently.

Speaking of different, I don't mind the design of the robot mode at all. Human proportions might make it easier to associate with (or something like that) but at the end of the day they're alien robots. If the robot mode looked like a six legged cat with 2 heads then so be it. The only thing I'd hold this design to is poseability. If you're gonna go with ninja type weapons and such, I'd want very dynamic posing options.

Even though I like this design, I couldn't see myself getting more than 2 of these despite having gone for the full 850 on the Bastards. I just don't love it as much as the Bastards' design. Also while I understand people love their references to or crossovers with other things in their media and merchandise, I really don't care for the Sewer Barons or the Trash Torquers. Too TMNT and too Insecticons for my tastes. The Switchblade Jesters colours don't bug me too much though.

16. Tontus314

Tontus314 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    • Like Like x 2
  17. OptionZero

OptionZero Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  18. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The tiny little pelvis and the gap where the legs attach and the top of the waist isn't helping.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Pikachu_King

Pikachu_King Well-Known Member

The more I look at the design the more it grows on me, I love the bastards design mostly because of the smaller into larger concept, and these as figures throw that out the window, but I still like them for what they are. It also helps to solidify them being inferior to the bastards and specters in a way, yet still zealots of a sort.

20. Hicks_Royel

News Credits:
    Which would likely be exaggerated by a longer torso.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want humans to look like Justice League drop outs. But alien robots who are wearing armor... I can make allowances.