Maybe Raf Was A Transformer In A Past Life?

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by Spunky, Dec 19, 2010.

1. Spunky

Spunky Well-Known Member

I was listening to "Coast To Coast AM" recently. A guest, named Jason, claimed that in his past life he was a horse. He finds being in his human body to be strange to this day and feels he is more horse inside than human. I thought about this reincarnation angle in regards to Raf. Maybe Raf understands what Bumblebee is saying because in a recent past life he was a Transformer and is subconsciously channeling his past life knowledge and experience? Who knows.

2. Philip164

Philip164 Board Member

News Credits:
    So you where listening to a guy on the radio about his past life and this knowledge somehow sparks a idea of Raf being a reincarnation of an Tansformer? Sounds a little to much like Scientology to me, and I doubt any writer will open that can of worms.

Second Raf is a expert on Human Tech, we hadn't seen him attempt to operate Cybertronian Tech. I think Raf can understand BB because BB talks in beaps and boops, Raf is portrayed as a computer prodigy; why would he not be able to understand BB's binary beeps and boops.

3. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Giving up on the fiction.

News Credits:
    That's one hell of a pick-up line.

But seriously, I can't see what you're suggesting happening in a TF show anytime soon.

4. DecepticonSpike

DecepticonSpike Kimber/Stormer Fanboy

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Maybe Raf's really a Pretender, like Sari?

5. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Maybe Raf's just a convenient plot device wrapped in the guise of a young child so kids have a character to relate to.

6. Spunky

Spunky Well-Known Member

I thought BB was speaking some sort of Cybertronian language kind of like the sonic language the bots spoke in the movies. I read that it is an impossible language for humans to speak because we are unable to produce the sounds vocally. Humans cannot understand it either because our brains simply cannot process the speed at which the language is spoken. I don't know if BB is simply speaking in a series of mathematical blips (which a genius math whiz may be able to decipher) or an alien Cybertronian language (which no genius would know initially).

I have read about reincarnation and find it an interesting topic. I don't know if it is true or not. Reincarnation is an idea that has been used to explain math and music prodigies. The idea being that when a 3-year-old starts playing complex music on a piano with no musical training or exposure to music, he or she is actually channeling a past life in which they were a musician. It's very subconscious and one will not channel or remember everything in his or her past life. Reincarnation has been used to explain why people are born with fears and phobias that they did not pick up in this life. It is also used to explain why some little children know about certain places and people they have never encountered. So if BB is speaking some form of a Cybertronian language, maybe Raf, if he was a Transformer, could be channeling his past life's understanding of that language. We don't know how Raf would do with Cybertronian tech. He seems to have somewhat of an understanding of Cybertronian math. Maybe he was a very intelligent Transformers tech expert in his past life and is subconsciously channeling his past tech savy in this life.

Who knows. Some will argue that reincarnation is bullshit. That's fine. But Transformers is bullshit too so who knows what the writers have in mind especially if some of them are New Age types. (Had a lot of New Age influence in Beast Machines).

7. MenasorMaster

MenasorMaster Stunticon Warrior

nah, i dont think he is a transformer.

8. Spunky

Spunky Well-Known Member

Well he's some type of a plot device.

9. Lord Shockwave7

Lord Shockwave7 Xbox Live Dictator

Thats insane. and dumb without a good explaination.

unless India replaces Japan in the TF media outlet I doubt "Past Lives" would ever be a factor.

Oh and Sari wasn't really a pretender she was 1/2 human and 1/2 cybertronian
    P.S. Raph is just a geek which i am jealos of but that doesn't make him a TF

10. Lord Shockwave7

Lord Shockwave7 Xbox Live Dictator

plus the logic in prime is a little wacky. no kid would understand word for word a few bleeps and boops. and if your thinking of r2-d2 and aniken from star wars. dont... raph just met bumblebee, R2-D2 and Aniken knew each other for decades

11. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Well, Starscream has been a ghost, and Sam as popped into Robot Heaven...
    so, if "life" is or can be universal, then I think a human who was a Transformer in a past life can be intriguing.

12. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Skywalker can understand R2-D2 but people watching the movie can't understand what the little droid is saying. I don't think that means that Skywalker was a droid in a past life. I don't think you'd say someone was German in a past life if they picked up speaking German quickly.

As to Raf and technology, he's 12. It seems like kids are almost born these days with smart phones and computers so in all that technological saturation some kids are going to be more exceptional than their peers.

13. bellpeppers

News Credits:
    That's because Luke has a translation unit in his X-Wing.

14. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

Damn furries, confusing TF fans. I'm fairly sure they wouldn't dabble into something potentially religious with Prime. It's too risky, and that backstory is kind of over-the-top.

15. blurr69

blurr69 First time caller

Ebay:
    I like how kids just eat it up and enjoy, while we try so hard to find meaning where there isnt any >.>

16. bellpeppers

News Credits:
    While I am not opposed to religion in Transformers (BW seemed kind of refreshing) I don't see how past life experience is religious.

There are people alive today having claimed to have died in the Civil War... and never have I seen religion tied to their claims.

17. blurr69

blurr69 First time caller

Ebay:
    The concept of reincarnation definitely is NOT EXCLUSIVE to religion or any kind of faith >.>

18. T16skyhopp

T16skyhopp Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    wut.

19. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I agree that reincarnation does not equal a religion. Ha ha it's just an odder form of recycling.

20. DecepticonSpike

DecepticonSpike Kimber/Stormer Fanboy

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Technically there was reincarnation of a sort in BM, when Megatron took the sparks he had collected, and but them into his generals. Waspinator/Thrust for instance.