Maybe it's time for some of you to take a break...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Alucard77, Feb 12, 2018.

1. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    Some one was comparing Devastator to Voltron and the price point. That's where that was said, so please keep in context.

As for QC, no one is arguing with you against that, here.

And realistically, you seem pretty upset in this post. Do you really hate Hasbro this much? If so, and if this thread really pisses you off that much, you gotta ask yourself is it worth it? To be literally upset about toys? Even when some one is agreeing with you?

"Take him for a break, dilly dilly!" (BTW, this part is joking around)

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  2. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    I think HAS/TAK should start KO'ing 3P.

3. Alucard77

News Credits:
    Could be arguable that they already have and downscaled it to fit budget.

• Like Like x 1
  4. ling4

ling4 Active Member

big topic. i dun do the complain thing. the tfs are not art work, they are business. even art works from one artist would have different market value. so nothing to complain about the designer of tfs. they just doing there jobs at certain condition(budget). and i think they all have some glory works in the market or collection.
    but qc issues are somgthing i cant accept. that means hasbro or the factory not doing there jobs well! hell!

5. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    I’d like to see some examples.

• Like Like x 1
  6. ProtectronPrime

ProtectronPrime I don't want to set the world on fire...

Ebay:
    I don't know if I agree with the idea that Hasbro/TT is "KOing" 3P, but I definitely have seen some 3P design concepts that appeared years ago pop up here and there in official releases.

PoTP Rodimus isn't too different than the old school Parallax armor FansProject made for Universe Hot Rod. The recent MPs are definitely reminiscent of BadCube "explosion" style transformation designs, best seen in MP 36, 39 and MPM 2 and 3, especially when compared to older designs like MP 10, MP 24, and MP 13.

And of course let's not forget Generations Arcee, where if I recall correctly TT actually hired the guy that made a 3P Arcee and then basically modified/simplified the design and mass produced it.

Naturally there's going to be some level of design convergence. Get enough monkeys in one room and all that. However, I'd strongly suspect that TT/Hasbro guys are not just sitting around never touching or watching 3P designs and vice versa.

7. Alucard77

News Credits:
    Yup, pretty much this. I haven't gone through all the figures and such, but when I transform some of the newer stuff, I think, yeah, this wouldn't have happened with out 3rd Party. Not KOing per say, but without 3rd Party we may not see what were seeing.

Competition is good.

Wow, this thread moved around a bit.

8. ProtectronPrime

ProtectronPrime I don't want to set the world on fire...

Ebay:
    I own this Voltron in question. He's giant yes. He's also cheap feeling, and the epitome of hollow plastic. His ratchets are downright primitive, his gimmicks are what I'd have called "Fischer Price" back when I was a stupid GEEWUNNER, and his "transformation" scheme is a joke. The tails don't stow right, the leg folding is nonsense, and he should have come with AT LEAST some of the other power ups in the show.

That being said, he's beautiful, show accurate, and Gigantonormous. So he's awesome and I can't wait for the action figures to come out so I can stick him next to my eventual Power Rangers display.

So yeah... LD Voltron - not a good example for how Hasbro/TT is failing to deliver, 'cause LD Voltron's subjectively a cheap POS in comparison to some TF designs.

• Like Like x 2
  9. bachamn

bachamn Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    This is great advice really. While I agree that taking a break from collecting can help you appreciate what you have, I think most importantly it cools the jets and can put the entire endeavor into perspective, which can even have the opposite effect.

Story Time: I collected the Kenner Jurassic Park line, so I was thrilled when the Jurassic World line was announced a few years back. I followed the hype up to release even though the photos and reports had been overall disappointing. Can definitely confirm that fixating on reading and posting about a toy line for months leading up to and through the release essentially frames your mind to buy them. So I bought practically all of the line all while complaining alongside the community about the poor quality (most of the "REEEEE Hasblo!!!" posts here could be copy/pasted from the JP Toys forum) before moving on to the next thread speculating about potato quality leaks from the next wave.

Between waves of JW toys I moved across the country, which forced me to pack away my collection and stop focusing on it for about a year. When I got around taking them back out I realized there wasn't a single figure in the line that I actually cared to display, and ended up selling practically all of it on eBay at cost.

So for anyone feeling frustrated with toy collecting, seek that clarity by taking a step back. You might gain a new appreciation for the toys you have for a franchise you love, or it might take you out of the machine long enough to save some time and money by avoiding those toys you're just not that into. For what it's worth, these TR and PoP figures are leagues above what Hasbro did to Jurassic Park before aborting the franchise. Without knowing for sure, I'm assuming this has something to do with TakTom involvement. I have absolutely no reason to believe that complaining on forums or any other mechanism is going to change the way Hasbro approaches it's manufacturing standards.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

Might this be the most liked post in the history of TFW?

11. Alucard77

News Credits:
    I am still curious which hobby he is talking about. Unless I am missing the joke.

12. bachamn

bachamn Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Joke: Complaining about hollow arms is his hobby. He doesn't really care about the toys themselves, just that by existing they provide an opportunity to complain about hollow arms.

13. Isaac Hill

Isaac Hill Systems Analyst

Part of the reason the negativity seems to overwhelm the positivity is that the positives of TFs vary from figure to figure, and person to person, while the negatives are more consistent. Some of us prioritize clever transformations. Others are more concerned with articulation. Or seeing a favorite obscure character. Hollow forearms, poor QC, loose joints, and self-removing stickers annoy just about everybody, so it's easier to reach a consensus.

This happens on an individual level, too. I really like TR Topspin's leg transformation. Solid looking lower legs unfold into a solid looking aft section, which conceals the upper legs. When I was first transforming him, I tried to open the lower legs like a clamshell to reach in and line up the parts before realizing I didn't have to, everything just fit on its own. That's impressive, but it's only impressive for Topspin (and Twin Twist if I can ever find him).

TLK Bee's loose ball joints, on the other hand, don't just lessen my enjoyment of Bee when I'm playing with him. They remind me of Skullitron, Skullcruncher, and other figures with loose joints. And make me realize that other figures I buy in the future will have loose joints, too.

• Like Like x 1
  14. ssjkazer

ssjkazer mr dyslexia

News Credits:
    so ive been having a think about this all day.

the transformer fandom has become some what toxic over the shrinking of the toys and it is taking away abit of the fun for a few people, i think at this point we all know what to expect, but for it to happen is another thing, i still have a fear things will get worse before i finish my classics collection after all i like to have jawsome products in my collection :D 

So what can we do as a collector fan base, well hes the truth not alot, we already have appreciation treads one thing we can do is not go into this treads and shit on their parade, if there are negative treads just ignore them if you dont want to end up in headlock conflict because those who want to complain are going to do it one way or another just let them vent.

one other thing i need to point out this is a hobby thats very secluded and we should be greatfull that we can talk to each other about our toys and things here are no where as bad as other fandoms i have been a part of, the pokemon community over the last few years has become so toxic i actually left it, though i do dabble in it here but thats because its here in the video games section.

Now i do think a few of us need to take a brake from collecting, my advice so you dont miss out simply buy the product and put it away in a box and keep track of it all, then after 3 months open it all up.

lol i would do this myself but its about 3 to 5 months between transformers for me as i have to import it all so that is how i know it works, yeah its been about 3 months sense i got my hands on wave power of the primes.

15. Venixion

Venixion Member of the notorious Pew-Pew Posse

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 2
  16. Alucard77

News Credits:
    Jesus, my reading comprehension has gone to shit.

Am I the only one who likes the stickers? Between the design, the look and the stickers, the TR line SCREAMS G1. The stickers put it over the top. Sure they are not perfect, but you should see the stickers on some of the G1 figures I have.

17. Alucard77

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 3
  18. Venixion

News Credits:

Okay. You can be the plane this time, but I wanna be the plane next time. ;) 

• Like Like x 3
  19. Alucard77

News Credits:
    Funny thing is, I have a friend on these boards that lives near me. When he use to come over, my wife use to say, are you boys going to go play with your toys?

• Like Like x 5
  20. Venixion

News Credits:

I hope you said yes. :D 

• Like Like x 3