Maybe it's just me...(Movie vs everything else)

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by 26_Mirage, Mar 24, 2008.

1. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Agreed!

Just why is it doing their.

2. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

Actually, I know exactly what you mean, because I thought the same thing. It was just way too easy. I would have preferred it better if scanning another vehicle was more of a heavy drain on their systems as opposed to BB switching vehicle forms as you and I would a shirt. It would prevent the Transformer from just switching up all whilly nilly becasue of the taxing power drain.

3. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

Yea but that would represent good story telling, and that goes against everything Micheal Bay stands for. What you speak my friend is madness.

4. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    The Bay 'Bee scanning would've been a slightly softened blow if the concept car they came across had been a different colour. At least then it wouldn't have been so massive a coincidence. The yellow with black stripes could've just been a personal preference that Bumblebee decided to keep when he upgraded.

5. weeklyhero

weeklyhero Prototytan

I thought it was pretty stupid that he had to actually drive on two wheels and his scanner was on the bottom of the vehicle. That in itself seemed like the most irrational part of it all.

But as far as trans-scanning and G1 goes, didn't Megatron say that the Insecticons used some kind of "insta-scanners" or something in their first appearance? I always read that as the Insecticons doing it themselves and not through means of their escape pod.

6. Rodimus Primal

Rodimus Primal Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I too didn't like the idea that Bumblebee just changed into a new form without having anything happen to him. I think it would have been better if he stayed as the old Camaro until the end of the movie when his legs where blown off and they commented on how they updated his vehicle mode for him and he shows up as the concept Camaro. But of coarse that didn't happen and we got a scene that really IMO is just an oooo and ahhhh moment in the film.

IN G1 I think the Insecticons used their escape pod's scanner to scan themselves as insects because that was the only available form around.

7. weeklyhero

weeklyhero Prototytan

I'll have to watch the episode again, but the way Megatron says it, I think he meant some internal scanner that each of the Insecticon's had.

8. RenegadeHoist

RenegadeHoist Renegade Commander

Too much of a co-incidence yes, but i think it's just fans being too nit-picky. Bringing the other series into it is like comparing a banana to an apple, reading far too much into it, taking it far too seriously.

It was just a movie.

9. atomicthumbs

atomicthumbs Bots > Savings Acct

It was fine with me. It kinda went along with the "fun" of the entire scene! The cheesy music really added to the unveiling as well.

10. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

edit:Nevermind

11. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    I avoided reading the leaked script and spoilers if at all possible, but read a comment somewhere that BB had gotten the shit knocked out of him by Barricade and had to be rebuilt, so thats what I was expecting. Since I can't remember where I read that it was probably just a one-off comment someone made as wishful thinking. I know I wish it happened that way.