Maybe it's just me...(Movie vs everything else)

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by 26_Mirage, Mar 24, 2008.

1. 26_Mirage

26_Mirage Heroic Stunticon

I can't really speak for any series after G1 (I'm OLD) so I don't know if it has been done in the other TF series...BUT...after watching the movie tonight I really have a problem with the "spontaneous" scanning that turned BB into the '08 Camaro.

I kept thinking back to the G1 episode where Prime, Mirage, etal disguised themselves as the Stunticons. It would have been so much easier if they were able to just re-scan themselves.

I mean in the movie if the '70s BB was damaged & then rebuilt into the '08 I personally feel that it would have been more believable.:inquisiti  ( yes I realize it's just a movie ):rolleyes: 

Just my opinion (...sorry, still stuck in the '80s...) Any thoughts?

MODs please forgive me if this is in the wrong forum (wasn't sure that it belonged in the movie one).

2. Astrokreep

Astrokreep Member

It didn't bother me, just because it was used for ease of story telling.

3. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

I thought it was ridiculous how there just happened to be a newer and *yellow* Camaro in that exact spot at that exact moment. They could have made BB's upgrade more believable.

4. Covenant

Covenant Mr. Roboto in Disguise

Ebay:
    Many troubles to be had with absolutely any of the Transformers fictions, the movie is by no means an exception.

And of the loads of nitpicks to big issues to have with the film, the coincidental passing of a concept Camaro with the exact same paintjob is moan-worthy..

...and not the good kind.

5. Maximum Burn

Maximum Burn JETS AND HELI!! I LIKEY!

It's one of the ways to display advertise. Movie producers do this all the time, GM supplied the cars so why not feature a new car. That way Micheal Bay doesn't have to pay for rentals (or payment to replace them...) and GM get free publicity. I hope it's why he changed, since it didn't add to the movie at all.

6. Astrokreep

Astrokreep Member

My biggest issue wasn't that it just so happened to be there at the right time, but that there was one on the streets AT ALL. It wasn't even released yet!

7. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    Over time, TF fiction has generally reduced the requirements for trans-scanning (either the removal of the need for a ship or equipment) for the needs of the story. I believe Armada was the first series to show the Transformers scanning the human vehicles and almost immediately adopting the form off-camera.

Might have been a less-than-secretive test run ;) 

In real life GM has been testing 2009 Camaros down here in Australia as well as the US in 2007.

8. Xaxis

Xaxis Well-Known Member

I'm not too crazy about the scanning thing either. I feel it takes away from the story by making it too easy for the TFs to be anything they want. To me, the way the TFs were given Earth vehicle likenesses in the G1 More Than Meets The Eye mini-series made more sense and was better for storytelling than them just showing up and scanning whatever they wanted.

9. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    its movie magic.

10. Starscream NZ

Starscream NZ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    To be fair, they obviously chose alt forms that they could fit into. I doubt Bumblebee would've seen a MH-53 like Blackout and thought "that'll do" and suddenly become that big. There would not have been any significant chances to Bumblebee's robot mode, just his alt-mode appearance.

At the end of the day, it's a movie. A 09 Camaro looks nicer than a 74 camaro. People love sexy new cars, that equals more ticket sales, which equals box office success.

11. Lithium1989

Lithium1989 Optimus Prime's lover

lolz Ok, I feel absolutely noobtacular after reading what you have to say. But you'll find that old series like these aren't always kept true. Take Harry Potter for example. Anyone who's read all the books and seen all the movies will immediately notice the differences between the book and corresponding movie. But once you get past that, you find that you're able to enjoy both because then you're able to keep them in separate parts of your mind. :)  Same thing goes for Transformers. You grew up watching the cartoon and no doubt there's gonna be differences in the storyline. They want to appeal to a new generation who has different tastes to previous generations. I'd like to see how the movie would've been like if it stuck to the actual story, but you gotta admit it still turned out to be pretty good nonetheless. ;) 

12. IronhideTF

IronhideTF Give Stare Over There.-->

Be happy that they actually made Transformers the Movie again.

13. Prisoner1138

Prisoner1138 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    So? The movie is not going to disappear once the car is out, so what if it took a year or whatever after the movie came out for that car to be on the street? Big deal.

14. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    Once again, to prevent this from becoming another pointless Movie debate thread, the fast-scanning has been around for a few years, and it was not something new for the Movie.

15. Cungitron

Cungitron Destroyer of Worlds

News Credits:
    It's a pity Skybyte and his crew didnt have this abilty when they tried to disguise themselves as Optimus Prime in RID:D 

16. Thundercrackah

Thundercrackah Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You speak the truth, but it seems some just don't want to hear it.

17. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    QFT.

18. Freyabeads

Freyabeads TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Technology has advanced in 20 years on earth, why not with TF's.
    BB had to be an old beater for Sam to aquire him. Once he made that contact he could change his form at will so when the need arose he grabbed the opportunity. It wasn't due to damage. He probably couldnt wait to spruce himself up and I think he had a little crush on Mikaela also. :) 

19. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Do robots give off pheromones?

20. Autobus Prime

Autobus Prime Transit Former

IG:

Did BB's reformat include, hmm, relevant biology to mate with the female?
    *shudder*
    Let us hope not.

The insta-scanning is something that bugs me if I think about it, but which is usually started and finished too quickly to really make me think much, so it wasn't a huge problem. I think it bugs me a little more when the robot mode doesn't visibly change after scanning a new altmode, but even this didn't bother me in MTMTE (where it was compensated by the actual Cybertronic altmodes shown), and in this case, I'm not really sure if BB's robot mode changed or not.

What bothers me more is why BB didn't just play "These Boots Are Made For Walking" and kick Mik out into the cozy tunnel. Get some self-esteem, Bumbles. Miles is right. She's an evil jock concubine.