Maybe Hydrodive Bumblebee & Golfire Grimlock Aren't Cancelled ?

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Ratchet2007, Mar 10, 2009.

1. Ratchet2007

Ratchet2007 Neither Here Nor There

News Credits:
    From Hydrodive Bumblebee and Golfire grimlock are NOT cancelled?

2. mirarage

mirarage Agent of Primus

News Credits:
    BBTS wouldn't haven't canceled pre-order unless it
    was told, by hasbro, that the toys weren't coming.
    The club may simply have not corrected their listing yet.
    They have the blackout/wingblade prime wave scheduled for same time.
    Without any kind of official word from hasbro, confusion reigns ocer animated's fate.
    The club is hopeful that these figs are coming.
    BBTS, on other hand, decided to wait for more info before continuing.
    We're all in a waiting game.

3. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    True, but I believe the official club got at least a bit more of credibility with Hasbro related issues.

4. Tash

Tash Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The listing didn't even go up until after BBTS sent out that notice.

5. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    The club does have more credability than BBTS does (they do have a more direct and much better connection to Hasbro afterall). This is some good news. These to may come out afterall. We're getting Blackout and Rodimus Prime, so I'm happy, and I probably won't get either HD Bumblebee or Golfire Grimlock, even if they do come out. Though I'd be a whole lot happier if Spittor gets a toy (not going to hold my breath for it, but it would be awesome).

6. DoubleClouder

DoubleClouder Autobot/Decepticon

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Honestly, I trust BBTS more than the club. If BBTS canceled it, there is a reason. Unless the club somehow got them as an exclusive.

7. dmc2008

dmc2008 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Anyone have a source or quote on the Rodimus toy? I've been seeing this lately, but can't tell if it's a rumor or what.

If Hydro BB comes out, I will be psyched! New BB mold FTW!

8. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    It was confirmed in a Q&A with Hasbro back in December. I'll see if I can find it.

Edit: Here it is-

http://www.unicron.com/news_item/1585/
    Aka Rodimus Prime is getting a toy. Also some hints on possible future Cybertronain alt-modes for other characters, like Bumblebee and Ratchet. We also got a hint from one of the other Q&A from that round that theres a possibility they'll be releasing the molds they worked on with Takara for the Henkei Dirge and Thrust figures (in this one)

9. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    It's Blackout I'm more psyched about than these two, though more power to fans of them if they do get released after all. Toys of the rest of Animated Season Three's Decepticons would be great, although I'm trying to keep my hopes from soaring too high for fear of ending up terribly disappointed.

10. GrimlockAutobot

GrimlockAutobot Me No Bozo Me King!!

News Credits:
    I don't believe that HD Bumblebee is cancelled. Why would Hasbro take a figure all the way through the design process, create a NEW mold, and go through the trouble of creating a finished prototype, and then not release a it?

I think that Hasbro will end up releasing HD Bumblebee just so they can make some of their money back on the whole process of creating it in the first place. It remains to be seen if it gets released in the Animated line or the Universe or another line for that matter.

11. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, we do know that BBTS never got a preorder up for Animated Arcee and E. Soundwave... and the TFC stated that those two figures were 'pushed back' and 'separated' into different waves. So... it's probable that Goldfire Grimlock and HD BB weren't canceled either, but just pushed back. Overall though... I don't want to get too excited about any news about possible upcoming toys for Animated...

12. The Madness

The Madness News Credits: -13

This brings up a point I have been pondering recently, pure wild speculation and all; What if the Animated toy line, and subsequently the show produced to promote the said line, were canceled, not purely due to an 'irrational knee-jerk decision' by Hasbro wanting to focus their product on the movie line, but due to pressure from Hasbro's direct customers (ie large retailers), eager for more movie products and concerned about confusion amongst their end consumers.

Many fans have struggled with the reasoning behind the abandonment of Hasbro's investment in a fairly successful line, could it be due to a vote of no confidence by powers such as the big chains?
    I can understand Hasbro themselves considering the repercussions of over saturation, and direct competition between lines, especially in a time of shrinking budgets. But I would have figured there would have been a more 'paced' phase out, to try and recoup more development costs.

I'm clearly not privy to data to support this suggestion, but would like to postulate for the sake of argument. I could see such groups interested in distilling the brand identity, especially considering the success of the movie franchise.

13. Dom

Dom TFA Supporter

News Credits:
    They aren`t cancelled just postponed. As others have said it would be very stupid for Hasbro to tool these molds, to let them die.

Its not the same as ROTLA series 2, TF still has a huge mainstream following

14. GrimlockAutobot

GrimlockAutobot Me No Bozo Me King!!

News Credits:
    I actually started a thread on this topic a little while ago. This is probably the most likely scenario. Retailers probably told Hasbro that they wanted to use all of their shelfspace on ROTF and would no longer be supporting the Animated line.

15. DoubleClouder

DoubleClouder Autobot/Decepticon

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    They did that with other molds in the past. A bunch of the Spychangers had molds but were not used till RID. I think there were a few Beast Machine molds that never got released either. Just because they made a mold doesn't guarantee there will be a release.

16. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, I think you debunked part of your own arguement there. The G2 Go-Bots did have a few molds that were never used until RID (but they did eventually get used). As for the Beast Machines molds... all the ones that were actually tooled that didn't make it into the BM toyline (Bruticus, Supreme Optimus Primal, Megatron Megabolt, etc.) were all released in RID as mainline or exclusive toys.

17. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Supposedly Universe is continuing instead of Animated, so it wouldn't be hard to put the canceled Animated figures in Universe. It wouldn't be the first time.

18. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As others have theorized, it is entirely possible that the wave G-Grimlock and HDBB were in was cancelled and so BBTS had to cancel pre-orders for that wave, since said wave/assortment no longer exists. The toys themselves were just postponed and worked into a future wave and that's what the Club has their order for.

19. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    that's possible, I also suspect that with the credit crunch, retailers are more financially limited in how much new stock they can acquire than in the past.

20. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, right now, until we get official word from Hasbro anything is really nothing more then speculation. Any number of scenarios are possible at this point and somehow I don't think that we're going to know anything concrete about it until Botcon (unless something official gets stated in one of the Hasbro Q&A's before Botcon, but I seriously doubt that for some reason).