Maybe another chance for Binaltech's?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by rherk, Aug 27, 2007.

1. rherk

rherk KNERDOUT

Ebay:
    Here we go again. Every couple of months I have to express my love for Binaltechs and I figured it was long overdue.

I look at my collection that I put in my Ikea bought showcases that so many collector's own (why not? they work great, look great and are inexpensive.) and I notice four of the six of the showcases are loaded with Binaltechs/Alternators and Masterpieces. Now, with the Skywarp MP and the E-Hobby BT Mirage, two more spaces will be used up and that does make me happy.

I know from what Hasbro said at their Botcon panel that Alternators are no more and you have to take their word. They were expensive to make and the financial return did not justify the continuation of the line. I understand and can accept this and if this means Hasbro wants no part of making new molds than that certainly means Takara Tomy will not either. This is sad news for me but something I have to accept. Also, it appears they were not a great success in Japan anyway.

However, E-Hobby has just released two new Binaltech figures: The ridiculously limited Nemesis Convoy and the soon to be released clear Mirage. Which is about twenty or so bucks more than the average price to purchase Binaltechs from importers. However, it got me thinking, What if E-Hobby released the rest of the Alternators as BT's in this format? This would be a win/win situation for all and here's why:

With Swerve, Decepticharge, Rumble, Ravage & Mirage left worthy of the Binaltech treatment. Geez, you could even throw in a die-cast version of Rodimus, Autolooper and Convoy and I would probably bite. This would give the fans of the line (and trust me there are many) something to look forward too.

Takara Tomy has the molds. So, they just need to do what needs to be done to make certain parts die-cast and add their superior paint jobs.
    E-Hobby, obviously knows there is a fan base for Binaltech's. So, they take their pre-orders and make that many. As long as they give the fans ample enough time to do so.
    So, who wins? all of us! Those consumers who want them, have a chance, Takara Tomy profit from already created molds & E-Hobby can charge their $70 bucks or so so they can make their money.

Sounds like a winner to me. Oh, it's also worth mentioning that the door is opened for a simple Rumble repaint, Ravage as well.

I just like the die-cast and superior paint jobs of Binaltechs and I know there are others out there like me. Not all of us toy collectors want just another sub par toy but more so works of art and engineering genius.

What do you think? Do you think there's a chance for BT's?

2. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    as much as i just want to comment specifically on BTs, takara marketing as a whole is screwy lately. sure they currently have the awsum encore series but even that is subject to how it pans out.

as much as i'd specifically like to see more support for BT, i'd rather have takar look at the overall strategy at see how BT fits into it.

3. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    Like I said last time this came up: it's possible, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

4. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    "Lately"? Their screwiness dates back at least to the days of Car Robots, if not longer.

5. freezowave

freezowave Well-Known Member

If we saw a rebirth of BT's it would both flooor me and come as no surprise at the same time.

Takara said after the merger they were focusing on collectors. So far this has been shown with the release of multiple MP figs, BW and G1 reissues, Nike bots, and MP3 bots. This line seems to eveidence that Takara seems to be focusing on lines where there is little to no competition form the US market. AKA they are lines almost geared for export.

Becasue of this, and Hasbro dropping the line, I wouldn't be surprised to see some BTesque stuff reappear at some point. There is still a ton of stuff that can be done with existing molds that could make this more economically feasible: Ravage 2.0, Rumble/Frenzy, Wildrider/D-Charge, endless repaints, etc, etc.

On the other hand Takara could simply just move on to newer endevours.

6. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Takara's busy focusing on transforming shoes right now.

:lolol 

7. Shockwing

Shockwing Perfectly cromulent. TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    While I love both lines (especially the diecast BTs), I doubt much excitement could be had releasing diecast versions of bots like Dcharge that are already 2 or 3 years old. If the line resumes, they'd probably give us new characters before rehasing old ones.

And though the US line is dead, I'm still holding my breath for Frenzy to appear as a con (SDCC 08?) exclusive.:p 

8. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:

Don't forget that Kissplay crap!

9. Pembroke

Pembroke Good Skyfire. Good boy!

But isn't Kiss Players just the Binaltech/alternator figures with little girl figures to accompany them?

10. rherk

rherk KNERDOUT

Ebay:
    I didn't buy Kissplayer for the packaging. I bought it for the toy. And the toys were very nice but I did miss the die-cast. And as far as the little girl it came with, I just left it in the box. I think people made too big of a deal about the Kiss Player line. Yes, story wise, it didn't interest me & culturally different but I'm about a well designed/engineered toy that is well painted and articulated and they had that. Again, I wouldn't mind a chance to see the toys released again with a little die-cast metal though.

11. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Although, I do want an Autotrooper. I like his head.

12. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:

Yeah I agree. If it had've been released Stateside, I'd have definitely gotten it.

13. Red Snarl

Red Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The only thing that is even remotaly in the relm of possability is if e-hobby released a die-cast Convoy. I would love to have one to display next to my BT Nemesis Prime but it probably won't happen.

14. Red Snarl

Red Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm willing to bet and hope thats exactaly whats going to happen at SDCC next year.

15. Crimson87

Crimson87 Senior Member

Yes, I also hope that Alts/ BTs make a comeback. I'll buy them all again, like i did before.

16. ActionMasterZod

ActionMasterZod LarzArz on twitter, man.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I missed out on alts except for a few figures, and I loved them. I will deffinitaly buy them if they get re-booted.

17. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    ok thats just funny.

18. CompuGlobal HyperMegatron

CompuGlobal HyperMegatron Nobody summons Megatron

I think it's time everyone just moved on. Alts/Binaltechs are done. Prepare your wallet for Animated.