Maybe a stupid question, but...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by dilectus, Oct 23, 2008.

1. dilectus

dilectus Well-Known Member

How well does sharpie work to color small details on transformers? I bought a toy used, and the purple paint of his Decepticon symbol was halfway scratched off. I therefore scratched the rest of the paint off, figuring since the symbol was large and raised I could easily touch it up later. Would a fine-point sharpie work to fill in this Decepticon symbol? Note that the plastic I'm planning to color over is white.

2. artoni

artoni Fangirl

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I haven't tried it, but I honestly wouldn't suggest it. I can't see the plastic keeping it, or it being good for the plastic.

I could be wrong, though.

3. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    Sharpies do not work on transformers.They tend to smear and leave lines.Use a paint pen instead.

4. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    It's actualy worked for me, but only for smaller details. Depending on how large the insignia is, and how steady your hand is, you'll have much better results with either a paint pen (if you can find a purple one that is), or a small brush with some purple paint (which is what I did for my Overlord kitbash's symbols).

5. rob_charb

rob_charb Well-Known Member

You could always try a Gundam Marker, but they rarely give good results. The good news is you should definitely be able to find a purple one, as they come in a whole range of colours.

The best option though IMO, would be to get a wide, flat brush, dip in some paint and carefully apply the paint.