May Issue of Gameinformer to have War For Cybertron preview

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Sideswipe80, Apr 11, 2010.

1. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  2. blumpy2000

blumpy2000 PENGUINS CAN'T FLY!!!

The article talks a lot about story mode which isn't anything we hadn't heard yet.

But they had a column on multiplayer:

"After our demo, High Moon gave us the first scoop on War for Cybertron multiplayer details. High Moon says online play features five-on-five battles or a 10-player free for all. However the aspect the team is most excited about is the ability for players to customize their own Transformer. Your first major decision will be to choose a class: scout, leader, scientist, or soldier. Each class is tied to a vehicle type - cars, trucks, jets and tanks, respectively. From an Aesthetic standpoint, you can pick your chassis (with several to choose from for each class), custom colors and the robot's name. Once you've designed your bot you can pick a custom weapon loadout, two special abilities based on your class type, and upgrades.

The player has three upgrades slots, each of which can house one of six offensive, defensive, and "general" aids. Offensive and defensive upgrades are unique to each class, and the general upgrades are open to all classes. For example, a scout class upgrade may increase ground speed, with a complementary general upgrade cutting down on recoil. As players level up their robots, a Call of Duty like perk system unlocks upgrades and new abilities.

High Moon also revealed several game modes, all of which allow only custom characters. Multiplayer features standard modes such as Team Deathmatch, Deathmatch, and Power Struggle (a fancy term for capture the flag), but the standout mode may be Code of Power, a mode comprised of two-and-a-half minute rounds where teams vie for a giant melee weapon. High Moon made clear that transforming and teamwork is imperative to successfully completing missions, and promises to announce more multiplayer modes soon."

3. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nice any pics? I wonder when this will hit stores?

4. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Giant melee weapon, huh? Sounds interesting.

5. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    sounds pretty good, but multiplayer customization sounds somewhat limited aesthetically

6. Optimatron

Optimatron Autobot

I agree. While Im overall pleased with what I've heard so far...I was actually hoping to be able to customize the physical appearance of the robots face and body in more ways than just color (i.e....If Sideswipe ends up making it into the game I was really hoping to be able to make a Sunstreaker type head to go with the yellow color change) .