may i gripe for a moment

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Rumble02, Jan 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

Ok so here is what is bugging me. Many people are complaining that Movie megatron does not look like megatron and that his appearance doesnt do him justice, specially to G1. but i dont ever remember seeing much complaint about all the other megatrons we got, beastwars megs looked nothing like and sounded nothing like g1, niether did any from the armada trilogy, so why is it such a big deal that this one is different, is it just because its a movie or what, I just wanna know why this megatron is getting to much hate?

2. highball22

highball22 Banned

The Answer

There is NO reason for the hate of the new Megatron. Many just fear(hate) change. Like a child that fears meeting people until they get used to seeing them more and more. Then they grow to love them. Same principle.

By-the-way, many DID complain when those other versions of Megatron originally came out.

3. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    Changed mind. Reopening. Discuss away! But keep it civil please!

4. OmegaVPrime

OmegaVPrime Uhm, yea? So what?

Ebay:
    Thats what I said, different design same attitude! :D 

5. Sideswipe3000

Sideswipe3000 Member

Personally, I love the design for the movie version of Megatron. He looks big, mean as hell and completely evil, just like Megatron should. My only complaint would be the lack of some sort of arm cannon. Still, I can let that go.

6. OmegaVPrime

OmegaVPrime Uhm, yea? So what?

Ebay:
    You know what I think if you look at his pic on his left arm, like somwhat next to the chest, it looks like a extendible cannon, I mean use your imagination ^^

7. Harlequin Daniel

Harlequin Daniel Captain Grumpy

ESPECIALLY the Big Purple Dinosaur version.

8. optimus_prime_rules_007

optimus_prime_rules_007 Banned

The real answer, it isn't Megatron. Just like BW megatron wasn't Megatron, just like Armada Megatron wasn't Megatron, etc... etc...

There is only ONE Megatron and ONE Optimus Prime, and they are the originals.

That's how many of us feel, that's why there is a hate on for this (in our opinions) crappy design.

9. butz

butz slippery when wet

Either way, I'm very curious to see him in action.

10. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Just isn't true, no matter how much you want it to be. There are 4 distinct Megatrons in Transformers. G1, BW, RID, Armada/Energon/Cybertron. Just as there are 3 distinct Optimus Primes in Transformers. G1, RID, Armada/Energon/Cybertron.

Personally, I think BW Megatron was a better "Megatron" than G1 Megatron ever was.

11. Rumble02

well heck, glad this got reopened.

12. Veritechnium

Veritechnium Well-Known Member

Lets recap here, I'm gonna give this movie Megs a chance, becasue like I've said before it may work within the tone of the movie. Its done 'for real' apparently so no animated style quips or bravado will be in it. The animated versions are more theatrical, in any guise (G1, BW, etc).
    Though all the TF series, with the exception of BW, had half decent Optimus Primes - non of them could hold a candle to the G1 Megs. Or Galvatron in some cases.
    I love the G1 Megatron and Galvatron, I'd like to have seen something like those two and his look is what the general public associate with Megatron, but as I said, its the tone that is set in the movie that dictates it more than anything. I'm going in not expecting anything with an open mind.

13. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think most wanted a G1 movie. I know I did.
    I am still dealing with it and I am sure that on July 4th when I turn 9 years old again and sit in the front row with the biggest bucket of popcorn and biggest drink I can get, I will finally get over it.

They're slowly winning me over, even I won't be buying the figures, just a few Prime toys.

14. optimus_prime_rules_007

First of all, Beast Wars Megatron wasn't even REALLY Megatron he just took the name to follow in Megatron's supposed footsteps.

RiD, Armada, Energon, Cybertron don't even count, they were horrible shows.

15. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    rofl

G1 was a horrible show too

does G1 megs not count then?

*rolls eyes*

G1 megs may be one you remember most but that doesnt mean he's the DEFINITIVE megatron that all other megatrons should slavishly copy

BW, RID, Armada, Energon, and Cybertron Megatrons are Megatrons too <3
    [poor guys :'( always gettin teh beat down by geewunners]

16. optimus_prime_rules_007

I had no idea you were so funny.

G1 was and still is a good show, just as Beast wars is, but BW Megatrion is a wanna be Megatron. He took another guy's name for cryin out loud.

And RiD, come on, that was a 22 minute stand up routine. Don't even get me started on the horrible animation that was the Unicron trilogy...

17. Rumble02

Oh Snap

18. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    hey i never said RID was good, but he's a "Megatron" none-the-less. I mean, at least according to Hasbro..who kinda says who's megatron and who's not..ya know..the guys who created transformers.. yeah... >___>

and G1 a good show?
    please :p 

Hey i grew up on G1 just like you did and i enjoy watching it just like you

but a good show? i dunno. i guess it depends on what you mean by "good show"

as a campy 80s childrens cartoon? yeah. ill give ya that. i guess it was pretty good.

but BW-level good?no way [not that BW was the bread and butter of all good shows, but it had intelligent dialogue. Thought out story-lines. Good mixture of action and humor and not to mention state of the art CGI. yeah...cant say G1 quite matches up. BW is thebest fiction we've had for Transformers]

regardless, whoever Hasbro says is Megatron is Megatron. and if they say that this silver robot from the movie is Megatron then he's Megatron.

He may not be G1 Megatron but he's still Megatron.

kinda like how the movie isnt G1 but its still Transformers
    >__>

you dont have to like it but thats [unfortunately for you :p ] how it is

19. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

Some people just don't like it, that's the way it's going to be with anything.

For example, I loved RID, I thought it was fun as hell, but there are a lot of folks who hate it, I couldn't stand to watch Armada, but lots of folks loved it.

It's just the way things are.

20. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    i find your opinion to be somewhat single-minded. you can't hate the design because it doesnt look like the original, that's absurd. it's like saying you don't like the new Chev. Corvette because like the "original" and the "only" Vette. But man, stop being so stubborn and just accept how awesome the new Corvettes are! wait, what am i talking about?

anyway to each their own. if you just plain dont like the design, thats ok, but hating it because it's not classic is dumb, in my opinion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.