Maximum Dinobots [Spoilers]

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Loscos, Dec 12, 2008.

1. LXL_Guy

LXL_Guy Well-Known Member

Damn...didn't know about alliance...whatever I guess. I'll look and see later this week if I go to get my comics.

2. SupremeGrimlock

SupremeGrimlock Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Got my MD#3 and Alliance#3 in the mail today. Both awesome! Are there supposed to be advertisements on two whole pages of the comics or is it just mine?

3. Dom

Dom TFA Supporter

News Credits:
    Im just working out how this will all tie in with AHM, im starting to think the events are running at the same time now, but Hot Rod was in MD and AHM so it can`t be. I hate continuity confusion.

4. Lord Shockwave

Lord Shockwave Well-Known Member

Read #3.

Better than the last issue, but still, I find myself underwhelmed.

Having the Monsterbots introduced could have been something cool. They are a unique bunch with strange quirky personalities.

How does Simon characterize them? Like every other bot out there, spouting cliche after cliche after cliche.

Repugnus: "Things are about to get ugly!" (Ugly like Repugnus. So clever! )
    Grotusque: "For you Repugnus. I'll skip to the punch line!" (So ingenious! Punch line! Causes he's punching!)
    Double Cross: "And I'll get the opposition well and truly warmed up!" (See, cause he's a dragon breathing fire. Brilliant!)

**** man, is this a joke? Who really thinks this is good? We're not twelve years old anymore. Seriously.

This group of bots sound exactly like the Dinobots from the first issue. Quip after quip after quip! Of all the opportunities to give us something unique and different, the Monsterbots could have provided it.

And how about Swoop's sudden PMS-like change of mind? "I ain't working with ya! Wait. Yeah, we do! We're a team!" I guess next issue, he's going to be asking "Wait...are we a team?"

Stupid stuff. Stupid.

The positive?

Great first panel of Shockwave. Just to have the guy back in action almost made up for the lousy dialogue. Looks like Soundwave is on the way.

Tired of seeing the Headmasters. They are getting very Oompa Loompa now. Not sure I see the wisdom in Scorponoks subterfuge and secret agendas when he could annihilate the entire planet, much like Megatron is doing in AHM. Maybe for amusement?

Again, artwise, the coloring is very monotone. Many of the panels are hard to decipher.

Give it a "C+". Good to have Shockers back, but finding it hard to get up for this series thus far.

5. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    So... what happened to Hot Rod? :sly: 

6. Spoon

Spoon Banned

When you become a giant robot that turns into a Tyrannosaurus Rex, call back.

This series is crazy fun, loving it!

7. Misatokitty

Misatokitty The Major

Ebay:
    Why is everyone always so down on Furman's scripting? I've never had a problem with it... and all the so-called cliches people keep talking about? I wouldn't call them cliches, but it's standard tough guy talk in any media. I don't see a problem with it myself.

I did like this issue, was a lot of fun. I had a blast, art was fun and clean, Swoop's change of heart didn't seem to be that as much as it was, he was still pissed at Grimlock and needed a few moments away to clear his head. As much as the Dynobots might be at each other's throats over this, they're family, and do look out for each other's backs. In his own way, Grimlock did just that in Spotlight Shockwave. An entertaining read.

8. Spoon

Spoon Banned

I don't like Swoop's face though.

9. Anodythe

Anodythe Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Finally got MD:#2 today. According th my comic guy, the warehouse in Memphis messed up and sent #3 waaaaaaaaaaaay before #2. As I understood it, Memphis supports most of the Eastern seaboard. OUCH! Poor Roddy...nice to know he make it out...hopefully...

10. LightningZERO

LightningZERO The Alternity

News Credits:
    Finally get to read issue 3. More battles and more Dinobots pwning, being pwned, and the Monsterbots.

Really a fun issue. 2 more issues to go!!!

11. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot You can, you up. No can, no BB.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Poor Hot Rod. :/

12. poorboy8u

poorboy8u Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    His little flame on trick was pretty awesome though.

13. Loscos

Loscos Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just read #4, wow, the story really has been pretty good, fast paced but not seeming as if its missing the tiny details. My only problem was that the art in this seemed a bit weird, had some trouble working out what was going on in a few panels.

Oh and the last page. omg

14. weeklyhero

weeklyhero Prototytan

So was this the second issue in a row where the rest of the Dinobots were pissed off at Grimlock, but went along with him anyway as he jumped into a fight? I wish for once they'd be mad at him and stay mad at him instead of just saying "Oh well, let's do what we always do."

15. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:

I thought it was the 3rd in a row? Or was it just them being mad at him then stopping after Grimlock's speech in issue 2? I don't have the issues with me right now so I can't check exactly what happened in issue #2.

16. Omega Supreme-1

Omega Supreme-1 Autobot Sentinel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hmmm, how shall I put my feelings about this down. As much as I like the Dinobots in the fiction, i'm just not feeling them in the IDWverse. They are so removed for everything and everyone else it's like it's a stand-alone series. I'm enjoying the presence of the Monsterbots, simply because they just seem like character that deserve a little bit of extra attention. To be honest, Maximum Dinobots might be a better story if it was just about Sunstreaker because as of late I only pickup the issues wondering what's going on with the cast that ISN'T the Dinobots.

I have to say it's nice to see Soundwave, and Shockwave getting together. However, thanks to AHM we know the fate of these characters. It's a little disappointing, ya know? _| ̄|○

17. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's pretty much how I feel too. The scenes with Scorponok and Sunstreaker hold my interest. I really like the Shockwave stuff (what little there is of it.) Soundwave and Hot Rod hold my interest. Then it's time for the Dinobots and I just groan inside.

Dinobots: "You betrayed us Grimlock! We'll never forgive you!"

Grimlock: "No I didn't! I'm bad ass and that is our way!"

Dinobots: " No is isn't!"

Grim: "Yes it is!"

Dinobots: "Okay. We forgive you. Also, 'verbatim.'"

18. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I just can't take Swoop seriously with those huge bug eyes. Makes me think of Arthur from The Tick.

19. weeklyhero

weeklyhero Prototytan

Yeah those eyes make him look more like Waspinator than Swoop.

20. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    Just read issue number 4. I am still digging the story but I wasn't really liking the art this time -at least on the James Raiz side of things. His style is just too different from Nick Roche. I couldn't tell what was Grimlock was supposed to be talking into and then I realized it was just his faceplate.

Speaking of eyes, does Grimlock have a visor or not?