Minor/Repaint: Maximals! Transform and roll out!

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by HMR, May 13, 2011.

1. HMR

HMR Active Member

A few months ago, my friend asked me to make the Maximals and the Predacons with vehicle modes. A while back, I posted my Megatron and Waspinator (here and here respectively). At the time I posted those two, actually, I had most of the work on most of Maximals done, but, I was missing one very key Maximal that, until this past Tuesday, I was unable to make because he hadn't been released yet.

While I have 2, possibly 3, more Maximals left, the core ones are now all done.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cheetor
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Like I've seen many people do, I too made this Cheetor from Drift. Seriously, it's like the perfect mold to make him with, and, seeing one of the Cheetor from Drift customs was what modivated my friend to ask me to make the Maximals and Predicons in the first place.

Rhinox
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I had this extra Classics Ironhide lying around, and, while trying to figure out what to do for Rhinox, my eyes just kept falling on it until, finally, it hit me that the mold would be perfect for the him. I did a bit of retooling to his head with Apoxie Sculpt, to make it seem more Rhinox-y. I might end up redoing his licence plate area, cause, honestly, neither me or my friend I did it for really likes it, just couldn't figure out what to put there, so i just put a blank plate.

Rattrap
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

So, I've noticed lately a couple of other people using Hubcap for Rattrap. Guess this mold is just too good for him. Honestly, I originally wanted to use Windcharger, but, yeah... wasn't going to pay insane eBay prices for something I was going to paint up. I was asked to do him up in his Transmetal colors cause the requestee hates his original colors. Honestly, I like the Transmetal colors more too. Also, I took the base head, shaved a bit of stuff of some spots and sculpted on some others. I'm honestly meh about the results. I might try something else if i could find a better, more fitting face.

Silverbolt
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

When my friend said he wanted Silverbolt, but didn't want him to have a jet or a helicopter alt mode, I thought I was going to be in for a challenge. I was wrong. I think it took me two seconds to figure out the RTS Tracks mold was perfect for him, making a rather nice nod to his Fuzor altmode. Even the Tracks headsculpt was rather knight-like, though I did mold on Silverbolt's mask and head feathers. I'm still working on a sword for him (if I could ever remember where I put it >.>)

Blackarachnia
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I don't think I need to expain anything about this one.

Optimus Primal
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Seriously, if I would have had to waited much longer for this thing, I would have gone crazy. Shortly after pictures of DotM Prime were released and how it looks very un-MoviePrime compared to the CG model, but still rather Prime-y, I just thought it would be a rather fitting choice for Primal. There's also a nice little added bonus of how his arms can kinda-sorta-semi be done in a way that's a nod to BM Primal's energy-absorbing guard attack.

And, now, here's a couple of pics for fun.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So, I do have some more Maximals on the way. I'll be a bit of a buzzkill and say Dinobot isn't one of them. He's died twice, both very honorably. He deserves to rest.

Attached Files:

2. TCracker

TCracker おもちゃは今とても暑いです

News Credits:
    this rocks! :rock 

3. Koolimus Prime

Koolimus Prime Weapons Expert

....Lockdown would be a good Dinobot if you decide to fill out the EPIC!ness of this set.

4. Blurr ftw

Blurr ftw Quick draw

why would you do that to an ironhide mold it looks good but there isnt enough of those around as is

5. Ratchet1988

Ratchet1988 Active Member

Because.
    [​IMG]

6. Blurr ftw

Blurr ftw Quick draw

smart ass, but they all look good in the long run

7. Unicron9

Unicron9 Chaos Bringer 9

Ebay:
    Nice! They looks really good, especially as a group.

8. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm OriginalRotorstorm Fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    He's only rare now, a few years ago they were all over the place on clearance.

9. captaingambit

captaingambit Urban Explorer/Toy Addict

Holy...

I can't believe how beautiful these are. And how incredibly appropriate as well!

I'm blown away by how correctly that head works for Cheetor. I want Hasbro to release that repaint. I would buy it twice.

The Silverbolt really amazes me too. The pain scheme works so nicely, and the wings are so appropriate on him.

Excellent job all around!

10. Xhairs

Xhairs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    thats some killer work man.

11. rattimus prime

rattimus prime Scout Class Prime

wreckage as Dinobot...no one ever listens to me on that, but Wreckage as dinobot is better then movie lockdown as Dinobot

12. Forgotten_Prime

Forgotten_Prime Till All Are One

dinobot. yes. but id love to see a tm style dino in vehicle form.

13. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    Great work!!

14. Cycrolus

Cycrolus Herald of Primus

Ebay:
    This is cool. I love seeing differant takes on the same things I'm working on. I love that you used Tracks for Silverbolt I'm using the same! It's perfect for him. I think the prime is ok but I'm going a different route. And Blackarachnia I'll be using a bike as well but not sure if I'm using the Arcee mold or not yet. I'm going a differant way for Rhinox as well. Do you have plans for the other maximals yet? I've got Tigertron, Airrazor and Depthcharge in the works.

15. HMR

HMR Active Member

Thanks everybody.

As for other Maximals, I do have Tigertron (ugh... the bane of my existence right now lol) and Depthcharge planned. Airazor, well... I'm still not sure what my friend wants me to do for her. He was thinking about getting the Timelines version off of the Collector's Club site, but, I do have an idea for her that would make her mesh more with the aesthetics of everyone else. So her fate is really up to him. Then, finally, I have two more I'm going make. Well, more like one more actual Transformer and then a prop/trophy for Megatron.

How soon I get them done is another story, cause, at the same time, I'm working on Preds, a Galvatron, a few random Autobots, plus working on my professional Portfolio. Sucks how little time there is in a day.

16. spoonman

spoonman Kitbasher extrordinaire!

I was never a BW fan but damn dude, this is a great set!!!

17. nemisispringer

nemisispringer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Amazing work. I absolouteley love your choice of mold for prime and silverbolt. Only criticism i would give is rattrap's head is a little off looking but other than that theese are top notch.

18. Slothboy

Slothboy Nick

I'm liking the Rhinox. I like most things made out of Ironhide's mold except for Ironhide!

19. Phoenix Prime

Phoenix Prime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Tracks for Silverbolt, it works so well!!!

20. ^o^CORVUS^o^

^o^CORVUS^o^ You call on me to solve a crooked rhyme

Ebay:
    And as was the case at the time (and remains the case today) this depends on locale. I saw Ironhide in a store once, just once. It was at Target, and I had a choice between him and Cyclonus.

I've been kicking myself ever since.