Maximals and Predacons...

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by SaberPrime, Apr 21, 2010.

1. E. C. R. Former

E. C. R. Former Is probably insane...

The original point still stands: Protoform X didn't have an actual name until Megatron gave him the name "Rampage": he has nothing to do with G1 Predacon Rampage beyond the name.

2. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    well, I guess if you prefer it that way... However, if you remember the Ghost of Starscream episode, not much is remembered from that era. Starscream makes up some story to make himself seem like a good guy. Megatron and the Predacons don't know that starscream was actually destroyed by Galvatron. The G1 Predacons didn't have much of an impact on anything so i'm not surprised nobody would reference them.

and its not silly to have a different opinion:thumb 

3. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

I was wandering what you were talking about and had to look him up. I don't pay attention to the Japanese series or comics so I first thought maybe he was in second or Neo and then found he was a comic book character.

Predacons have crabs... they should see a doctor about that...

4. Single Elegant Machine

Single Elegant Machine Purity and order.

There is no indication that Megatron considered himself a Vehicon, seeing as to how he never blatantly categorized himself under any faction in Beast Machines. In fact, he still refers to his Predacon heritage in "Singularity Ablyss".

Also, you're forgetting that the Sweeps were sentient. Vehicons are 100% mindless automatons. I'll quote myself again in case you missed my initial post concerning the nature of the Vehicons.

5. Shockwave 75

Shockwave 75 Master of the Rules.

And I 'll still argue that Protoform X was his name since that is how Deapthcharge constantly referred to him. I think the only time Deapthcharge called him Rampage was in "Feral Scream" part 1.

6. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

No that was not the "in joke" in question.

The "in joke" was when Dr.Bashier asked if it was either a mutation or as genetic experiment.

Which Enterprise made it both.

7. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

In the toy line Megatron was shown to have the Vehicon faction symbol. In the show he was probly still a Predacon up untill he got his fortress mode.

The Sweeps acted sentient at times but then so did the Diagnostic Drone in Beast Machines. Pluse what about "his armada" and the Insecticon clones. The point is there have been cases before of drones like the Vehicons. Hell even the Quints Dark Gardians were drones who looked like Omega Supreme.

8. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

I have just learned what the Muliquote button is for. :) 

Back on topic...

There are homages to the beast erra...

R.I.D. has of yet been the only series outside of the beast erra to give the Predacons their own faction symbol. (same as Beast Wars just mean that other Predacons use the Decepticon faction symbol)

Sky-Byte, Gas Skunk, Dark Scream, and Slapper were all repaints from Beast Wars figures. Respectively they were repainted from Cybershark, Stinkbomb, Night Glider, and Spittor. And out of thoughs 4 only the last one was a Predacon in the original mold, the other 3 were repainted from Maximals.

There were also some repaints and original versions of BM toys in the R.I.D. toy line. (by original I mean the toy was still in it's original coloring from Beast Machines but because the toy line ended early a few of the figures ended up in the R.I.D. toy line.)

Armada repaited 5 Beast Wars figures though only Rhinox made it onto the cartoon.

Energon Cruelock seems to be a homeage to Dinobot 2 at least in beast mode, robot mode looks more like Grimlock.

Cybertron despite having the best oppertunity with the beast planet did not homage any one in the beast erra. They could of at least changed Backstop's name to Rhinox.

The bayformers though I don't any of this was intentionally homeaged Beast Wars and Beast Machines ALOT. Starscream's design looks like Waspinator (Possession), Optimus Prime spits something like his teeth in the forest battle, much like Optimal Optimus spat his tooth in the Beast Wars episode "Nemesis Part 2", The Wheelbot who appears to have 3 different names from the begining of ROTF has no feet and moves in a simular styal to BM Thrust, in fact several of the ROTF designs seem to homage the Vehicons uni-leg designs.

Animated has the most homages to Beast Wars and Beast Machines. Sentinel Prime introduced himself in the Boot Camp flash backs as Sentinel Minor which was a homeage to BW Optimus Minor. Jetstorm looks much like his BM name sake. Blackarachnia, Waspinator, Strika, and Spittor all made appearances on the show. Out of thoughs 4 Spittor is the only one who was only part of the BW toy line not the series. Rattletrap also appeared as an obvious homage to Dawn of the future's past Rattrap.

It's amazing though that dispite his popularity, Cheetor has never made it into any other Cartoons. I mean he's the only Beast character to have more toys made of him than Primal or Beast Megatron. Heck Megatron is actually missing a toy as they never made a remold of Optimal Optimus. (I really want an Optimal Optimus mold with Megatron's face.)

Primal has about 5 different toys in the original BW toy line. 3 for Beast Machines the delux and the larger more show accurate version that came out as part of the RID line, and a repaint of his Optimal form that was in BM toy line for some reason. 2 10th anniversary molds, one new and one is more show accurate version of his original toy. A repaint of that new toy in the Cybertron line. Dawn of the Futures Past remold of Cybertron Crumplezone. And the Titanium version of his Optimal form. Total is 13 but I may of missed some.

Megatron had about 4 different toys in the original BW toy line. 2 for Beast Machines, one that was relised as part of the RID line. RID also had a repainted version of the Megatron Megabolt toy. Armada repaint of his TM form. I've seen a blue or purple (color blind can't tell the difference) version of the TM2 Megatron but I don't know what it's from. There are 2 10th anniversary toys, a new mold and a more show version of his original toy. The new mold was also in Cybertron toy with different colors. Dawn of the futures past remold of Red Alert. (why were both leaders remolded from members of the oppisite faction?) Total is again 13 though I may of missed some. (was only counting versions of the Beast Erra Megatron and his repaints of course so if you fill in the gaps I left don't include other Megatrons.)

Kinda weird Primal and Megatron have the same total despite Megatron having more forms on the cartoon.

Cheetor, not even counting Tigatron and Ravage repaints, had about 5 different toys in the original toy line. 4 different toys in the Beast Machines toy line. A TM repaint in Armada as if his 2 different paint jobs in the original toy line weren't enough. Not sure if I should count this as a seperate toy or not but the 10th Aniversary Cheetor. Cheetor also has a new mold in the Universe toy line. Dawn of the Future's past Cheetor who is a repaint of I'm not sure... there were like 3 of thoughs guys at my Wal-Mart at the same time so no idea what the original mold was. Titanium Cheetor who for some reason is the BM version. (amazed at how many different toys BM Cheetor alone has despite being so hated. Though I think he is better than the TM2 version) So his total is 14 and again I may have missed some.

Now that count was even cheeted as I counted repaints of Primal and Megatron that were new characters such as the Megatron Megabolt repait. That version was a seperate character not Megatron. With Cheetor I intentionally left out Tigatron and Ravage repaints and he still has more toys.

Cheetor had the same number of forms in the cartoon as Primal does but he's had all 4 of thoughs forms made into so many different toys you could start a new toy line of just Cheetor. Primal and Megatron barely keep up with toys they never even had in the cartoon such as Bat Primal and Alligatron. (Some times I wander if Bat Primal had been Optimus Primal's original form in the cartoon if Nightscream would of been his Beast Machines design.)

9. E. C. R. Former

E. C. R. Former Is probably insane...

For the record, Dawn of Future's Past Cheetor was a repaint of Cybertron Clocker.

Keep in mind that Device label Cheetor is coming soon as well.

10. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

Didn't know about that one. That may be the first mold that Cheetor was a repaint of Ravage rather than the other way around.

Speaking of which, Alternators, Energon, and ROTF Ravage molds would make awsome Cheetor toys. Someone should kitbash these if they haven't been done allready.

11. Single Elegant Machine

Single Elegant Machine Purity and order.

In layman's terms: Megatron was sick and tired of individualism and the chaos spawned by divided factions, so he killed them all off and created mindless Vehicons to replace them. It's a really simple concept. He was reluctant to have any generals whatsoever, and was going to yank their sparks back out once they fulfilled their purpose of defeating the Maximals.

Oh, and the Sweeps weren't drones--they had sparks.

12. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

It's possible there were at least 3 Sweeps who were not mindless as the original Sweeps created by Unicron were reformatted from other characters but I do believe most of them are mindless drones as they were killed off by the hundreds threwout season 3 and Unicron never even made that many.

All the Seeker clones and other transformers can easily be exsplained as the mold was reused multiple times on Cybertron but the Sweeps were all designed by Unicron.

I would imagin the original Sweeps created as they weren't given new names would just use their original names but all the other Sweeps who seem to appear from nothing are just drones and probly they can do that because they were Insecticons.

13. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

How does "being killed of by the hundreds" and the fact that Unicron didnt make that many end up giving you the idea that they were mindless drones???

That just doesnt make sence.

14. Wingwolf77

Wingwolf77 Decepticon Dark lord

Fair enough. But I would say there is a difference between them not knowing where the name came from and the origin of the name. Its 300 years later so sure some of the history will be foggy. But at the time they got the name I think they would have been aware of the G1 sub faction.

15. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

Well it is kinda weird that Megatron took his name from G1 and obviously knew who the original Megatron was but didn't know who Starscream was. You'd think that the original Megatron would of left a message for him about Starscream.

Come to think of it, only Dinobot and Blackarachnia knew who Starscream was but later it's shown that Primal and Rhinox knew about him as well. Of course they kinda played it as a secret like no one was supose to know about Starscream or Rampage. So there's apperently some reason why they never talk about sertain things from G1.