Minor/Repaint: Maximal 3" tit base

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by jestermon, Oct 23, 2006.

1. jestermon

jestermon Well-Known Member

Well, I know I am the only one who appreciates a good 3" tit, For Primal and Megs I feel they should have made BW insignia bases but alas they did not to be cheap and use the same bases generically, so I have taken up the reigns and did so my self.

http://s72.photobucket.com/albums/i186/jestermon1982/CYBERTRON%20%20DEFENSE%20TECHNOBOTS/?action=view&current=MAXIMAL.jpg&refPage=&imgAnch=imgAnch1

Althought the 6’ inch Cheetor from BM did have the new style Maximal logo form BW, and the other bases for them had different symbols for the fallen too.

It is basically styrene that I transferred the pattern on and then razored out , then glued it on to another sheet to get the raised effect and also to add strength. Then drilled and inserted a piece of model sprue for the peg.

I intend it to be the base for my super posable Primal I am making slowly, broke my GF's old lighter and now can not burn the holes I need, I got one arm done though, super articulated being the waist and elbows lol.

I do need help though, I want to paint the raised section red and then overcoat the base in black, then us an off white, but the red I do not want to just paint with acrylics, should I just use Krylon fusion red?

I have dyed a couple of things recently and am afraid the styrene would warp too easy, thanks

2. CdnShockwave

CdnShockwave The Prince of Poses TFW2005 Supporter

Looks good. I'm not surprised Hasbro didn't do a Max/Pred base... it's just their way. But look good. Is that a WIP or finished product?

3. jestermon

jestermon Well-Known Member

Wip

Definitely, WIP I am doing several other things too and with work well you know how it is, I get 4 day weekend since I work 3 days a week and I finally got off my butt and did it, but during the work week it is hard to accomplish anything.

Well they did it I think because this way they just can churn out flat sided bases, even though there are angles on the Decepticon one, there are no rounded or as jagged shapes as on the BW insignia.

I think they just did not want to spend the extra money on the design side of it, that Predacon base is going to be fun to cut out lol all those rounded bug eyes and feelers