Non-TF: MattTrakker

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by Blitz., Jul 8, 2012.

1. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    bit of fun I guess I dont think many well need an introduction to this guy but if you do M.A.S.K was around the same time as TF's back in the 80's and while its never had a come back their have been items along the way that have kept interest alive.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. scorpio-prime

scorpio-prime Dreamer with fists

M.A.S.K had a wonderful toyline and its nice to see you've done Trakker justice, though I'd have liked for you to have drawn his mask as more of a homage to Spectrum, which he wore with that flying suit when driving/piloting Thunderhawk.

3. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    oh you might not be too happy with my plans for TH then.

4. weeklyhero

weeklyhero Prototytan

Well I'm looking forward to seeing what you did for Thunderhawk. I saw your post on dA, but noticed you had the MASK logo on his back there but not here. Any reason for the omission?

5. -Mainframe-

-Mainframe- Well-Known Member

M.A.S.K was under-rated.

Nice picture. ;) 

6. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    I'm loving the suit and the updated helmet. Are you planning on going in a different direction in terms of style? Trakker looks pretty young here for his cartoon incarnation!

7. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    it just seemed like it would make life harder to colour and seemed a bit pointless and some one made a good point about it on DA

in my own personal little cannon MASK are a sub group of GIJoe and mainly work on vehicle R&D from tech of unknown origin (read: transformers) so they develop Thunder Hawk as a prototype from an old Pontiac Firebird and given its success make Switch Blade. Que Miles Mayhem (who was one of the founders of the MASK program) stealing Switch Blade and taking it to Cobra to set up Venom who's task it is to backwards engineer SB and mass produce it. With this massive fobar MASK get shut down and efforts are put towards other Joe tech. This leads into Trakker stealing Thunder Hawk. The other members of his team (Sato etc) begin making Rhino and the others in a run down garage/Gas station/truck stop to prove their worth even if they are acting outside the law. Meanwhile Venom produce the other vehicles as test beds and so begins the MASK story line of Miles wanting X and the MASK team foiling their plans.

8. The Crazy Collector

The Crazy Collector Well, that's just Prime!

Ebay:
    Been watching some of the old MASK epsiodes lately, so it was cool to see this pop up. Like your style and am interested to see what else you have in store for MASK!

9. Big Hache

Big Hache Perfect

News Credits:
    I really liked M.A.S.K. growing up. He seems a bit young to be Trakker, but I like the style.

10. Nemesis251

Nemesis251 Wakanda Forever!!!

M.A.S.K kicked ass in its day. Even the theme song was great. I can't wait to see more of your plans. Man, I miss the 80's. The cartoons back then so much more better than the crap of today.

11. The Crazy Collector

Ebay:
    Seriously! MASK had the BEST theme song!

12. AutobotSDG

AutobotSDG Well-Known Member

Have you been sitting outside my window listening to me talk to myself?? I swear I had the same thoughts on this. Only mine was M.A.S.K. being part of the Stealth Force program, just a little more refined and operator friendly than what the TFs had.

As for your update, he looks more like Scott Trakker than he does Matt... which is NOT a bad thing either.

Can't wait to see Thunderhawk and the rest.

13. The Crazy Collector

Ebay:
    Good call bud! That does look like a grown-up Scott. Maybe taking on his father's mantle?

And yes: Thunderhawk pics now please. :) 

14. AutobotSDG

AutobotSDG Well-Known Member

Exactly! :) 

15. MrFX

MrFX Collecting never ends...

Agreed!

I love this artwork! GREAT JOB, OP!! I look forward to seeing Thunderhawk. Do you have any plans to do any of the other characters? Imagine Vanessa in a new Nissan model, Gloria Baker in a new Lambo, Sly Rax on a Ninja...I could go on!