Customs: Matticus Prime's Thread of color code's

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by MATTICUS PRIME, Sep 8, 2009.

1. MATTICUS PRIME

MATTICUS PRIME chicks love me!

I decided to start this thread based on a question on Bumblebee's actual color in the movie. The Standard GM color for BB would indeed be Rally Yellow. However, In the movie He is slightly more orange. Its naturally a Custom.
    Digging around on line for about a half hour I got the color "Sunrise Orange" and it brought up the Paint company Valspar. Checked their auto refinishing page and got nothing. Reminded myself that House of Kolor was a subsidary of Valspar and BINGO!
    Shimrin Kandy Basecoats
    HOK PBC30 Sunrise Orange! White basecoat 3coats of orange pearl and clear! Hope this helps!

I will update from time to time with new info.

2. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Niiiice. That expains why my custom tftm ccbb came out so close to the diecast car I've got. I used insignia yellow from testors with creatixe sunrise yellow mixed with a bit of pearl gold for the pearlesant look. Worked beautifuly. Now I want to redo it to get rid of the imperfections, so maybe I'll try to get my hands on some of this stuff. Nicely done matticus, nicely done indeed. Now I just need to find the final flame desing for the to of the hood and roof of primes alt mode.

3. MATTICUS PRIME

I got another color code by doing another round of digging online, this time for Sideswipe. The code actually has several name's that go along with it.

17U:

Blade silver metallic
    Silver blade metallic
    Switchblade silver metallic
    (I found this sort of ironic.)

Anyhow, I dont think this color is available at dealerships as my computer at work lists this as a "rim" color. None the less it IS the silver for Sideswipe.

GM actually lists their color codes in the trunk on the underside of the tire cover. It is a 2 digit # followed by a "U"
    There is also a "WA" "series of #'s listed at the bottom of the same sticker.

*Please be advised that if the car was ever in a serious rear end collision chances are the tire cover has been replaced and thus it doesn't work.
    Also for GM suv's the sticker is in the glove box.

4. MATTICUS PRIME

Sideways & Deadend's color code's are

the silver is: LY7W
    the black is: Lo41