Mattel Young Justice Thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Shin Densetsu, Jul 21, 2011.

1. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
  2. askani_son318

askani_son318 Well-Known Member

Young Justice Figures

Hey all! Am I the only one buying the Young Justice figures? I just had to collect them after getting the Superboy SDCC exclusive this year. The line so far is pretty neat! I have only bought the first wave excluding the 2 packs, but soon I will have them along with the 6" figures. Anyone else out there plan on buying all the figs like me??

Also, actionfiguretimes.com is having a "Young Justice Marathon" where they are reviewing each figure from the line and posting special interviews with some of the Mattel reps, including Fangirl 2.0, and talking about the line. Apparently Mattel will make a reveal through this marathon! I can't wait to see what it is! ;D I'll post some pics later today of the items I've bought thus far.

3. Roufuss

Roufuss Shots

News Credits:
    They were discussed a bit in the DC Universe Classics thread when they were released.

6" figures are great imo, tons of accessories, but there are only three releases currently with one more coming out soon and then nothing until 2012 so that sucks. For 6" fans, there really isn't a lot to talk about. Decent figures for the price, but some people think the price is too high at $20 a pop.

The 4" figures are, like all Mattel 4" figures, garbage imo. Sorry, I can't go from Hasbro's and similar companies 4" offerings to Mattel's unarticulated crap for higher prices. I'll just keep making a statement through my wallet until Mattel finally figures it out.

As a whole, while I personally like the 6" figures, I think the line is being handled poorly. I don't know what Mattel has against Miss Martian that she has yet to be in any line.

4. askani_son318

I definitely understand where you're coming from with the whole articulation issue for the 4" figs, but to be honest, I think the aesthetic acheived and the consistency with the JLU figures is a huge plus and I would gladly sacrifice the articulation for the look that is acheived with this line. Maybe its because I have big fingers lol but the articulation for smaller figures is not necessary for me. As long as I have a 6" counterpart that has all the articulation that I love!

Speaking of the 6" figures, Aqualad is being released soon, and I really can not wait for him. At $20 each, $25 at Toys R US, I can't complain. Normal figures are costing anywhere from 15-18 retail and they sometimes only come with a standard base or a cnc piece. With the added accessories and awesome displays they come with, I would gladly pay the increase.

As far as being handled poorly, I don't agree with that as I've been VERY happy with everything I've seen thus far. I hope the line continues and we get a full cast of characters in both 6 and 4 inch form. (More so on the 6" side cuz thats where my heart is) With wave 2 of the 4 inchers hitting stores now I'm extremely excited to get my hands on Superboy and Black Canary. Hell I hope this line does so well that they make some of the mentors in 6" form! A new Black Canary in this new style would rock my socks! And lets not forget the awesome design of Aquaman! He's sick too! I see so much potential in this line that I HAVE to give it a chance!! :D 

But I completely understand your point! :D  lol

5. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Super Mod

News Credits:
    Ebay is your friend. I got both Robin and Artemis for $21.00 shipped. :D 

6. Roufuss

Roufuss Shots

News Credits:
    Askani -- Aqualad isn't being released soon, he is already out.

He's being shipped in refresher cases with Robin and Artemis and so far seems to have only shown up at Wal-Mart. I think he's one to a case, right now?

He'll be more plentiful when he ships with Red Arrow all by himself sometime in a few months.

My major gripe with the 6" line is poor character choices and very limited character choices -- I don't know why Mattel decided to do two to a wave. It makes sense for Thundercats, due to limited cast, but Young Justice has tons of characters to choose from and lots of variants even after they finish the main team. Not to mention that some characters, like Superboy, aren't even getting official costumes first.

Mattel doesn't hesitate to axe a line if its doing poorly (or if, for some reason, the show gets axed), and I'd hate to see YJ end without at least getting a Miss Martian. But she is a double whammy - an alien and a girl, so its going to be a long, long wait.

7. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    why the palms up on the 3 3/4 figures, doesn't make any sense

8. askani_son318

Not all of them have palms up... But they have said the stances they sculpted were to show either a heroic stance or to show their characters attitude a bit more.

9. askani_son318

UPDATE!

Confirmed last night on AFtimes.com, we will be getting a 4" Ms Martian in a two pack! She comes with her uncle, non other than Martian Manhunter! They both look great and I can't wait until we get them! Also, the two packs will be starting a cnc to build oversized villains, which tells me they have a whole bunch more 2 packs planned!! This is exciting news!! I can't wait to get my hands on these!

Here's a couple pics of the alien duo!

Attached Files:

10. Shin Densetsu

News Credits:
  11. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    That Young Justice Batman is so bought, meaning I need the Robin too. Dammit, I didn't wanna get into this line!

12. Shin Densetsu

News Credits:
    The Select Series has always been a line I planned on getting, but haven't started yet, they all look good but Robin's neck isn't high enough. He looks like that kid from the Munsters.

13. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Has there been any more word on this? Hopefully this means that a Bane is on the way.