Mattel WWE Wrestling Figures Thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Shin Densetsu, Feb 15, 2010.

1. bcm77

bcm77 Not A Proper Fan.

It looks like it and IMO it's a decent enough replacement as the DM figures are all Elite style instead of Basic.

Mick Foley's TNA contract is up in the summer and in a recent blog he's suggested he won't be negotiating a new deal so with the chance of his returning to WWE in some capacity being very strong a Mattel figure of some sort may not be out of the question towards the end of the year or early 2012..........a Defining Moments Mankind from THAT Hell in a Cell match would be pretty awesome to have.

I've just ordered Legends series 3 "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan as he was going cheap in the wrestlingworld.co.uk sale.

I'm also waiting for the 2 Legends tag team sets from my pal in the US to arrive but they'll be a while yet as he only sent them a week before Christmas and the bad weather here has caused a sizeable backlog with the post.

2. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    I saw Rumblers today and I wanted to buy them all :lol  Undertaker coming with a casket AND grave plot is awesome.

3. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

I bought WWE Legends Animal off Ebay which was going for $21 shipped and caught a break when I found Hawk in Target today with several other series 1 figs (and no Stone Cold unfortunately). Aside from Stone Cold and Rock, what other Legends fig is worth getting (no tag teams btw)?

4. Nightwind

Nightwind Aka Dusty Bottoms.

I'm completely cool with the upgrade to Elite style figures, but I'm going to miss the entrance music stands. :( 

Good catch on the Animal! I still need him to go along with the Hawk that I purchased about a month ago.

I suppose it all depends on your favorite characters as to which Legends figures are good. I'm not a huge Stone Cold or Rock fan, so I can easily pass on those.

I do own "Ravishing" Rick Rude, Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat, Jake "The Snake" Roberts, Mr. Perfect, Road Warrior Hawk and the recent Defining Moments "Macho Man" Randy Savage. All of these are Elite style figures and I think they're all awesome! I also purchased "The Million Dollar Man" Ted DiBiase and "Rowdy" Roddy Piper Entrance Greats figures which are Basic styled with stands that play their entrance music and love them as well! I'm definitely more of a late 80's/early 90's guy when it comes to the WWE.

5. Schide

Schide Buyer of Too Much

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Pretty much any Legends figure is worth getting if you like the wrestler enough. From what I've seen and the ones I have they're all about the same quality. Although some may have slightly better accessories than others. Jake the Snake only having his briefly used cobra and not having Damien comes to mind. Mr. Perfect would be recommended if you want an Intercontinental belt from that era. Then Ultimate Warrior when he comes out in wave 4 for the championship belt.

6. Predaking

I am going to be more fiscally responsible when it comes to buying WWE Legends figs because I often buy the toys I don't really want just to satisfy a particular theme in my collection. For example, I love tag teams and I've been getting wrestlers who are part of tag teams like Bulldog, Hawk & Animal, and I am thinking about getting the Bushwackers two pack because they fit that theme. But I am going to skip it instead and wait for other figs I rather have. Aside from Stone Cold and Rock (two of my favorite Attitude Era wrestlers) I want to get the Demolitions as well.

I also want to see the following released eventually:

Bret "The Hitman" Hart (either as individual or part of Hart Foundation)
    Dynamid Kid (to complete British Bulldogs)
    Mankind / Cactus Jack (after he leaves TNA)
    The Killer Bees
    The Rockers
    Strike Force
    The Undertaker
    Kane (w/Mask)

7. starscream-99

starscream-99 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Defining Moments Macho Man is going to get me into collecting these figs. I only have 2and both are Jakks.

8. bcm77

bcm77 Not A Proper Fan.

Of those I'd rate their respective chances like this,

Bret "Hitman" Hart = He signed a seperate deal with Jakks when he was still at odds with WWE because of the Montreal Screwjob so now he's back on good terms I expect Mattel already have a figure or two in the making.

Dynamite Kid = I'm not 100% he'll be made but if he is I hope Mattel also release an 80's Davey Boy to go with him as the one from Legends series 3 is from the Attitude era.

Mick Foley = Total no brainer once his TNA deal runs out as even if he doesn't resign with WWE as a performer he's still on good terms with them.

The Killer Bees = Depends how the Legends 2-packs continue to sell as series 1 was a big pegwarmer.

The Rockers = Already confirmed for the second set of tag teams.

Strike Force = Rick Martel is in series 5 although the figure is based on his "Model" gimmick. I can see a singles version of Tito coming out first but like the Bees I think a Strike Force set depends on whether the tag teams sales improve.

Undertaker = Has already had 2 Legends figures in the form of the awesome SDCC Exclusive "Ministry of Darkness" figure and the mediocre, inaccurate Entrance Greats figure based on his debut. Paul Bearer has signed a deal with Mattel so it's highly likely a 2-pack with 'Taker will happen as managers probably wouldn't sell too well by themselves.

Kane with mask = One of the most recognisable characters from the Attitude era and IMO certain to get a Legends release.

I had Legends series 3 "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan arrive in the post today and think he's really good. I don't normally like "shouting" facial expressions but Duggan is one of a handful of characters where it makes sense............Jakks gave him a neutral expression and it didn't look right.

9. Schide

Schide Buyer of Too Much

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Yup, makes sense to me.

10. bcm77

bcm77 Not A Proper Fan.

Imagine if he'd stuck around for the Attitude era and teamed with the Godfather, it'd have been the HooooooooooooooooooooooooTrain! :D 

11. Nightwind

Nightwind Aka Dusty Bottoms.

I found the Triple H Entrance Greats at Target tonight! If anyone's interested, the Entrance Greats figures are on sale for $9.99 at Target! There was no sign posting the sale and I don't know if it applies to all Targets, but it can't hurt to check! :) 

12. Schide

Schide Buyer of Too Much

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hmm. Now that's not a bad price for those. Might have to look into that. Although if that is just a sale it might be ending after today...

Also, if anyone is remotely interested BBTS has listed TNA deluxe figures up through series 11 here. Of slight interest is an Andre the Giant NJPW figure, and a Jim Cornette figure.

[​IMG]

13. Schide

Schide Buyer of Too Much

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Aaaaaaaand I just saw most of Legends wave 4 at a K-Mart in a WWE display near the front. Unfortunately there was no Warrior who is the only one I really want from that wave.

They did have 3 Paul Orndorffs though!

14. Predaking

Bought the WWE Legends The Rock for $20 at a collectible show today. It's a good price for a hard to find figure. Now I just need the series 1 Stone Cold and I'll be done with the line until I can find Demolitions at the stores.

15. bcm77

bcm77 Not A Proper Fan.

Knowing Jakks the Jim Cornette figure will probably be as tall as Andre :D 

16. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

It's good to know that they're showing up now,but I just saw a picture of the Defining Moments Ultimate Warrior,and I might have to skip the Legends figure for that one.It looks awesome!!!

17. -Superion-

-Superion- Well-Known Member

I'm not going to buy alot of figures since I'm in the process of identifying portion of my toy collection to sell, and so far I only gotten my favorite wrestler from the 80's, Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat. I'd consider buying Kurt Angle as well, but it is unknown if he will ever leave TNA, or if his relationship with WWE will improve to the point where they'd make a figure based on him.

18. Schide

Schide Buyer of Too Much

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I might get the Legends figure and keep the belt for myself, but give the figure to my friend who is a huge Warrior fan. Then get the Defining Moments figure.

19. bcm77

bcm77 Not A Proper Fan.

The only problem I have with the Mattel Warrior figures is that the facial expression looks far too relaxed, it's accurate in terms of the likeness but 99% of the time he was much more animated than that.

That said it works well on the DM figure as in the WM7 Career match he didn't charge to the ring like a madman and was more serious than usual.

I think there's a good chance Angle will end up back in WWE eventually. He's sure to want a DVD of his best matches made and WWE owns virtually all the footage of those and a last Wrestlemania appearance would probably be tempting too so if he wants his career to end on a high note and be remembered properly he'll get out of WCW 2.0 at the earliest opportunity.

20. bcm77

bcm77 Not A Proper Fan.