Mattel WWE Wrestling Figures Thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Shin Densetsu, Feb 15, 2010.

1. bcm77

bcm77 Not A Proper Fan.

He has a t-shirt instead of a robe but he's got the orange trunks and the bandanna & shades are removable,

[​IMG]

The Defining Moments Ultimate Warrior & Rock figures are now in stock at Ringside Collectibles and despite having a few flaws the Warrior figure is amazing.........it's one of the only US made figures that compares with the insane levels of detail on the best Japanese wrestling figures.

I wish Mattel would use thread for his arm tassles though because the soft plastic ones look crap..........when I get my Warriors they're gonna be replaced.

2. Schide

Schide Buyer of Too Much

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Holy crap, $36? What are they going to be at retail, like $30?

3. Schide

Schide Buyer of Too Much

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ha, I ended up getting like 6 figures for Christmas.

Let's see...The Miz, Santino, Goldust, CM Punk, Mr. Perfect and Vader. So yeah, add that to the Edge and Iron Shiek/Volkoff figures I have yet to open and I just about doubled my collection in one day.

4. bcm77

bcm77 Not A Proper Fan.

$24.99 is what I've been reading on wrestlingfigs.com. Ringside always mark their stuff up because they get new products earlier than the retail stores.

If you think that's bad just be glad you'll have the option to buy them at retail. The cheapest an imported Defining Moments figure will be here is approx $46.

Nice Christmas haul you got, my only complaint on Perfect is that he's a tad too tall and thin but I'll take that over the Jakks proportions any day of the week and the likeness is.........perfect. Vader is one of the best Mattel Legends so far and Goldust is also excellent.

How's the Santino figure?

I had Legends series 2 Rick Rude & Terry Funk arrive from my buddy on Christmas Eve which are both decent.

I did a hand swap on Rude so he has closed fists on both left & right hands which looks better for muscle flexing poses and I did a swap so that the Funker has two "grabbing" hands as it allows him to hold his branding iron easier.

I still have The Bushwhackers and Iron Sheik/Nikolai Volkoff on the way that a friend got on my behalf in the last TRU.com sale so my next purchase is likely to be one of the 2 Mattel Ultimate Warriors although the import store has series 3 "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan on sale at a cheap ( for the UK ) £11.99.

5. Schide

Schide Buyer of Too Much

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Santino's a little too tall I think. He and The Miz are exactly the same height and The Miz is supposed to be a few inches taller. I like that he came with a mic though so that I could give it to The Miz. Which made me wish The Miz had his mouth open and could tilt his head back more, but it's cool.

How hard is it to do a hand swap? I wouldn't mind giving Volkoff an open right hand as well so he could hold the flag I have for him better.

I guess $25 for Defining Moments isn't that bad. And like you said, at least I can buy them at retail.

6. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

Are these new Legends out at retail yet? I really need an Ultimate Warrior.

7. bcm77

bcm77 Not A Proper Fan.

Swapping the hands is easy enough. You just dunk the arm in boiling water for a few seconds and the plastic softens for long enough to pull the hands out.

When putting the hands back I found it safer to heat up the arm and carefully push the peg back into the socket.

The other thing you have to make sure is that the parts you're swapping have the same skin tone. For Rude I used the fist from an Elite Shawn Michaels and for Funk I used a hand from Elite Christian.

Thanks for the info on Santino, it's another figure that's on sale at wrestlingworld.co.uk so I might get one.

8. Nightwind

Nightwind Aka Dusty Bottoms.

Don't know if this is news for anyone, but I found some of the Legends Series 3 figures at my local K-Mart today. I was only interested in Mr. Perfect and, lucky for me, they had one!

9. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

I'm assuming that's the wave with The Ultimate Warrior in it.Yes?

10. bcm77

bcm77 Not A Proper Fan.

Perfect! :thumbs2: 

AutoBobby,
    Ultimate Warrior is in Legends wave 4 along with,

Ax
    Smash
    George "The Animal" Steele
    Hillbilly Jim
    "Mr Wonderful" Paul Orndorff

11. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

Crap!!!

Thanks for the info though.

12. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

I picked up British Bulldog WWE Legends Series 3 from TRU today. I also bought a Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat from Series 1 for my brother because Ricky's my brother's favorite wrestler. Still contemplating whether I should get Steve Austin, The Rock, Hawk & Animal from this line, but finding them may be problematic given how popular they are. I'd definitely get Bret Hart, Jim Niehart, and Dynamite Kid if they are released so I can have two of my all time favorite tag teams in my collection.

There's a small part of me that wants to get as many tag teams out of this line as possible. I saw the Bushwackers two pack today and passed, but I may end up getting it if I want to get the Demolitions from Series 4 and the Road Warriors from Series 1.

13. Schide

Schide Buyer of Too Much

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Try K-Mart if you want to get a Stone Cold. They might still have some from the Hall of Fame edition exclusives they got.

14. Schide

Schide Buyer of Too Much

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yay, I found Defining Moments wave 1 at Target today. I didn't even know about Shawn Michaels. But there were 2 of him and only one Macho Man. I only had enough for Macho Man but I did get him. Looks good, though I'm not going to open him until tomorrow.

15. Nightwind

^^^Yep, I found both at Target today as well! I was only interested in the Macho Man figure, so I bought him up and left Shawn Michaels on the shelf. I also bought Entrance Greats Roddy Piper and Ted DiBiase at K-Mart. K-Mart's having a sale on those figures for $17.49 through 1/10 I believe.

I was hoping to find the Triple H Entrance Greats figure, but he is nowhere to be found. Should have bought him the thousands of times that I saw him before...

16. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

I found the Defining Moments Macho Man at Target today and thought about getting him until I saw the $22.99 price.Ouch.

17. Nightwind

^Yeah, I paused for a second at the price. Then I thought "It's Macho Man and he is awesome." so I bought him. I don't know that I would do the same for any other character.

On a related note; Are the Defining Moments figures replacing the Entrance Greats figures?

18. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

I visited KMart but they only have a few series 2 & 3 figures that I don't care for. I think Stone Cold is one of those figs that you'll have to pay inflated Ebay price for him given his popularity. Still it's the best figure I have seen of him to date so I may pluck down the cash eventually if I can get a Rock first (need them for the Attitude Era). Hopefully Mankind or Cactus Jack will not be far behind.

19. Schide

Schide Buyer of Too Much

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well we're not getting any Mick Foley figures until he leaves TNA. No idea when that might be though.

20. Nightwind

I opened up my new Million Dollar Man figure and immediately decided that the Million Dollar Belt needed some touchups. Some silver paint, glitter glue and Future floor polish did the trick!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]