Mattel WWE Wrestling Figures Thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Shin Densetsu, Feb 15, 2010.

1. Nightwind

Nightwind Aka Dusty Bottoms.

I haven't watched WWE in years, but this new Mattel line of figures has definitely received some of my money.

So far, I've picked up:
    Undertaker (Basics Series 1?)
    Undertaker (Basics Series 7?)
    Triple H (DX 2 Pack w/Shawn Michaels. Gave Michaels to my nephew.)
    Ricky Steamboat
    Road Warrior Hawk

Road Warrior Animal still eludes me! :(  I'm thinking very seriously about getting the Rick Rude and Jake the Snake figures and if I see a Randy Savage figure, he's bought on sight!

I have a few of the Jakk's figures and they're ok, but the scale was my biggest issue.

I also now have a few of the Jakk's TNA figures and, once again, the scale is terrible. I'm going to keep buying them, though, because I've been looking for these characters for a long time and something is better than nothing!

2. bcm77

bcm77 Not A Proper Fan.

Ultimate Warrior also has the IC belt and Entrance Greats Ted DiBiase Sr has the Million Dollar Belt but so far I think that's it.

I expect they'll do the others eventually.

BTW I found the pic of that cancelled Toybiz Kurt Angle,

[​IMG]

The upper torso part of the singlet was made of a softer, almost rubbery material so it hid the chest articulation, didn't restrict the joints and looked a lot better than Jakks ill fitting cloth attire.

It also meant it was possible to pull the straps down like when Kurt gets fired up in real life which would have been a great option for taking action shots.

It does look a bit too ripped for post WWE Kurt Angle but the articulation was excellent and the likeness and scale were still way ahead of what Jakks were doing and I think it holds up very well against the Mattel Elites & Legends.

3. Schide

Schide Buyer of Too Much

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, damn. The only slight problems I would have had is that he's a bit too ripped, and he needs more eyebrow so he doesn't look so much like Kane. Although that may be just that picture.

But oh well!

4. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    Damn that Toy Biz Kurt looks GREAT! Only wish it was in 7" scale...man I wish Mattel could make a Kurt Angle figure.

5. bcm77

bcm77 Not A Proper Fan.

It was in scale with the Mattel figures. I still have a couple of Toybiz figures left and they're almost a perfect match...........I used the articulated hands off one of them on my Elite Randy Orton so he could do his proper pose.

Like Hogan & co I expect Kurt Angle will finish with TNA within the next couple of years and when that happens he'll inevitably mend his relationship with Vince McMahon..........he's bound to want a DVD making with all his best WWE matches and he can't do that if he's still with WCW 2.0 in Florida because Vince owns all the footage.

I've seen a couple of custom Mattel Angle's using the Elite Jack Swagger as a base and one of the old Jakks R3 heads which wasn't a perfect likeness but is small enough to fit on the Mattel bodies without looking odd.

I ordered one more figure today, the Best Of Elite 2010 Kane.........I might get a Basic Kane as well so I can do a headswap as I like that one more.

6. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    I saw Sheamus a few weeks ago but passed him up in the hopes they would make an elite version. Glad I did because now they should definitely make him with High King gear.

7. Schide

Schide Buyer of Too Much

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yes. Yes, this exactly.

That's not a bad idea for a decent Kurt Angle figure, with the Swagger body and head switch. I might be inclined to do that some day...

8. autobotblaster

autobotblaster Y U NO!?!?!

9. bcm77

bcm77 Not A Proper Fan.

An Elite Sheamus is being released in series 8 or 9. Not sure if he'll have the King gear as the first proto just showed the main figure but there's a good chance he will as the series 8 William Regal proto didn't have his robe but the final release will.

10. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    Damn, I don't know that I could pass up an elite Sheamus even without gear. He has quickly grown to be a favorite. And I didn't even know about Regal, can't wait for that.

11. Schide

Schide Buyer of Too Much

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Do you have a list of more figures coming out for Elite waves 8 and 9? The last I saw was wave 7.

12. bcm77

bcm77 Not A Proper Fan.

Wave 8 is,

Sheamus ( has a removable Celtic Cross and a WWE title belt )

Undertaker ( new headsculpt and a jacket/robe that's like one of his Ministry ones )

William Regal ( different headsculpt to the Basic version and a robe )

Drew McIntyre ( with Intercontinental title belt )

Evan Bourne ( with t-shirt )

Edge ( don't know what his accessories are )

Ringside Collectibles don't have Regal on their pre-order so I don't know whether he's been bumped to another set AGAIN as he was originally going to be in series 6.

TRU.com have the Legends 2-packs on sale again and I've asked a buddy in the US to get me the Bushwhackers and The Iron Shiek/Nikolai Volkoff sets as even the import stores haven't got them over here.

13. Schide

Schide Buyer of Too Much

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hmm. While I want that Sheamus I hate hate hate how the current WWE title looks. I'll probably get him anyway. I'd get Edge but I just ordered a slightly clearanced Series 1 Edge. I'll have to see Undertaker before I decide. Don't really care much about the other guys.

Actually both the 2-packs and Legends singles are on sale at TRU stores today and tomorrow. singles are $12 and 2-packs are $24. I was hoping the Rock that I saw the other at this one close store would still be there but he wasn't.

14. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    I have a McIntyre. I like him a lot but I'm not sure I should upgrade until he actually does something. His IC run seemed mostly centered around him saying "Teddaaaaay. I went meh title beck!".

The story of his career :rolleyes2 

15. bcm77

bcm77 Not A Proper Fan.

Here's a link to Ringside's Elite series 8 pre-order page which has images of some of the figures,

RINGSIDE COLLECTIBLES WWE Toys, Wrestling Action Figures, Jakks Pacific, Classic Superstars Action F: ELITE 8

I've seen a pic of the Regal somewhere and it looks like his best figure yet and I'll certainly be getting it as he's my favorite British wrestler.

I love it when he uses UK slang terms such as calling people "sunshine" as the US guys get this complete WTF? look on their faces. I remember one time he called Mick Foley a "pillock" and he replied "Well since I don't know what a pillock is I'm not sure how to respond" :D 

16. Schide

Schide Buyer of Too Much

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YOU-MANGA!

Eh, I don't think I need that Undertaker.

Also Sheamus isn't nearly pale enough.

17. bcm77

bcm77 Not A Proper Fan.

Got a message from my pal saying he's ordered the Bushwhackers and Sheik/Volkoff 2-packs for me and my Legends 2 Rick Rude & Terry Funk are also en route....looks like I'm going to have some reorganising of my displays in a couple of weeks and it may be time to give tag teams their own shelf.

If someone had said to me at the start of the year I'd end it with a lot of new wrestling figures again I'd have said they were nuts because after Toybiz TNA line ended I was done.

That I now have some of the best WWE figures ever is a testament to how well Mattel have done in their first year.........a few more new body types and a bigger variety of hands ( or articulated ones ) and they'll be even better IMO.

The biggest suprise in terms of characters are obviously Ricky Steamboat & Randy Savage, it's great to get modern versions of both and with the Von Erichs set to be released in the next set of 2-packs it seems Mattel are going to try and do as many characters that Jakks didn't that they can get the rights to.

Two other wrestlers that have recently confirmed to have signed a deal with Mattel are,

The Honky Tonk Man ( hopefully a Summerslam '88 version to go with series 4 Ultimate Warrior. )

DDP ( Maybe a WCW version with long hair? )

Two that have been confirmed by Mattel as off limits are,

Owen Hart ( His widow won't allow it.....which is fair enough. )

Chris Benoit ( The bad press wouldn't be worth it so again I don't have a problem with that. )

18. bcm77

bcm77 Not A Proper Fan.

Got a couple of new figures this week, the Basic series Hurricane as it was only £5.97 in my local supermarket then the Best of Elite 2010 Kane from an ebay seller.

Hurricane is one of my favorite of the more ridiculous gimmicks and the figure is nice but it's a pity an Elite style "classic" one based on his look when he had that awesome little feud with The Rock won't be made unless Helms gets rehired at some point.

I wasn't a big fan of the Elite Kane likeness from the pics I saw but in person it's really good and the scale of the figure is dead on too...I've now got the Brothers of Destruction looming behind the Mexican midget Rey Mysterio :D 

19. NSJ23

NSJ23 Not today Chumly, not today.

I so hope Classics wave 5 Macho Man is the orange and blue or Yellow and Pink star trunks and robe one.

20. Schide

Schide Buyer of Too Much

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I got the Iron Sheik/Nikolai Volkoff pack over the weekend (though I haven't opened it yet) and was thinking about how to make or get Iranian and Russian flags for them, when I remembered I actually had a perfectly scaled Soviet Russia flag from my Red Son Superman figure.

Now I just need to figure out something for the Iranian flag.