mattel making transformers idea

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by tfomegaprime, Aug 24, 2012.

1. tfomegaprime

tfomegaprime tail pipe

i know we should all thank Hasbro and Takara Tommy for the existence of transformers but what if Mattel had bought the license for making the tf1,rotf,and dotm toys when the movies came out ,would they have have made more accurate and , better looking figures.

2. bossprime

bossprime wrecker

Okay where do I even start? Hasbro OWNS transformers along with Takara. I'll give you a chance and assume you meant Mattel buying then WHOLE property from Hasbro but that will probably never ever happen, and what makes you think Mattel would do it better exactly?

3. bossprime

bossprime wrecker

Wait why do have 2 threads for this?

4. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    That question is just scary.

If Mattel owned Transformers they'd have run the brand into the ground long ago and than just sat on it to keep anyone else from doing anything with it. Also, we'd have a cast of 12, with 8 redecos.

There also wouldn't be any movies, so I suppose there'd be that on the plus side.

5. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Okay Hasbro isn't a perfect company, but when it comes to things like action figures Hasbro runs circles around Mattel all day long. The only thing that Mattel could halfway do right in action figures was the 6" DC figures, but they even managed to mishandle that to the point of they are almost impossible to find some places.