Mattel DC Superheroes Wave 6 Out

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Jarodimus, Mar 4, 2007.

1. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I know several other folks around these parts are interested in the Mattel DC Superheroes line.

I just found Wave 6 -- Mongul, "Kal-El" Superman (Wave 2 Supes with new mold Kryptonian "headgear" and metallic blue suit), Darkseid redeco, and Bizarro with "Bizarro #1" badge -- at my local Wal-Mart tonight. I only picked up Mongul, but may end up caving on Kal-El at some point. Mongul's quite well done -- very good detailing and articulation.

I was surprised to see this wave already, partly because I haven't managed to find all of Wave 5 -- Steel, Parasite, current costume Supergirl, and Doomsday redeco -- yet, and also because Kal-El and Bizarro w/ badge were just shown for the first time (AFAIK) at Toy Fair.

Mongul's packaging reveals more upcoming figures not shown at Toy Fair: Black Suit Superman (yet another redeco of Wave 2 Supes -- black with silver "S", boots, and cape) and Cyborg Superman!

Anyone else found these guys? And do we know of any more upcoming figures beyond the above two and the Man-Bat shown at Toy Fair?

2. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I haven't seen any of that line in a long, long time. Don't know what's up with that.

3. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

I still can't find Supergirl

4. Tfgraveyard

Tfgraveyard Not a Fan of the Fans

News Credits:
    I saw them two weeks ago. Almost got Kal-el.

Also, i've seen two versions of superman(in a previous wave), where one version is normal, and the second version has black paint around the "S" on his chest instead of yellow.

5. Rod

Rod No Silly Robot User Name

Oh SHIT! I have a reason to go hunting again... but I still havent found much of wave 5. Picked up Parasite, passed on orange doomsday

6. AlphaPrime

AlphaPrime Neo Autobot Commander

I'm still not to interested in this line, may pick up a normal Sups down the road but i'm kinda waiting to see if they actually do a long haired version, and i want a black and gray Bats instead of blue and gray.

7. j3

j3 Kiefer is my Big Boss TFW2005 Supporter

I'd like to find Mongul. Maybe Bizarro #1 (even though I've already got the first one :( )... would love to find a Supergirl though. Did manage to find Steel a couple weeks ago, and passed on Parasite a number of times. All I can find now is Superman and black-S Superman. Occasionally some Bizarros (non #1) because one of the stupid wave 5 case assts was reportedly nothing but Superman, Superman variant, and Bizarro. That's right, none of the new figures from that wave at all. Gee thanks, Mattel.

8. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They are here in Canada too. All I have seen though are Future Superman and Bizarro. I guess I'll have to get Lex off the net.

9. Pooky

Pooky Well-Known Member

Orange Doomsday? WTF? Need to see a pic of that one.

Anyways, I've found them here at a local Walmart in Fremont, Cali. I was shocked as well, cause I have yet to run into Parasite or Steel. Want them bad!

Picked up recolored Bizarro with badge, Darkseid recolored, variant Supergirl with black S symble (from wave 5 right?), Ka-El, and Mongul. All have very good paint apps. I wasn't planning on buying Ka-El, but he looks quite good in the new paint scheme.

And that Black suit Superman rocks! As well as the Cyborg Supes. Although, I wish there are better pics of him online somewhere. The current DC Direct version of Cyborg Supes is so pricey online!

And yeah, I agree about Batman. I wasn't too interested in the current blue sculpt or paint apps and passed. He looks off somehow. They should release a black/gray version in new sculpt. And a Robin that actually HAS articulation. The current reused mold of Robin isn't that bad looking. He just has limited articulation.

But everytime I go to TRU all they have are the Scarecrow and Bane. They need to get some new figs in.

10. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

Are there any pics of these new Figures(Cyborg Sups, Black Suit Sups, Kal-El. Or a Link?

11. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, how does Kal El look like?

12. Pooky

Pooky Well-Known Member

Kal-El
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Black suit Supes
    [​IMG]

Cyborg Supes
    [​IMG]

13. Pooky

Pooky Well-Known Member

Okay, looks like I'll have to pass on that orange Doomsday one. What's the deal with him being orange anyways? I must've missed it.

[​IMG]

14. j3

j3 Kiefer is my Big Boss TFW2005 Supporter

Whoah, I didn't know of black suit Supes and Cyborg. I may have to get Cyborg, at least he's not just another Superman repaint. I suppose they're in the next wave?

15. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Pooky, thanks for posting the picture...not exactly original (the toy) but it does look niffy!

16. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

I may pick up that Cybor Supes. I hope he is not limited like my DC Direct one. He was alot of money but the sculpt on him is amazing lots and lots of Detail on DC Direct Cyborg. So is Superheroes Cyborg out now??

17. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ok I need that black suit and cyborg. And for some reason I kind of want the orange doomsday as well.

18. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    i havent found any other these in forever....i still need luthor, and everyone else from his wave on....and azreal too....im screwed....

19. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So, what's the story with the oragne Doomsday and the black suit Superman? I remember Supes having a black suit when he first came back, but I thought he dropped it after a couple of issues.

20. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :useless  of Mongol out of package.