Matt Tieger Fall of Cybertron Interview

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Sol Fury, Dec 12, 2011.

1. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    100% agreed. What you and I don't agree on is which of us thinks the Moon is cheese.

Probably best for both of us to go our separate ways here. Neither of us is going to convince the other. Which is not the end of the world.

2. Starwave

Starwave Herald of Unicron

This is going to blow all TF games from the past OUT OF THE WATER! This sounds FUCKING AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!

3. StarryAqua

StarryAqua Former fandom follower

News Credits:
    Yo, bellpeppers, I have some advice for you. You don't have to do it, but I thought I should acknowledge it.

If you don't like the "Aligned continuity," . . . you don't have to discuss it.

Anyway, I'm glad it was High Moon's doing of getting Dinobots entered in the Binder of Revelations. Since this continuity is supposed to be the main focus for at least a decade, no Dinobots would have been disastrous. And since Prime has at least 52 more episodes planned out, I believe, important plot points of FoC can possibly fit in eventually.

4. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Dinobots are going to be in Prime?

5. Shmoptimus Prime

Shmoptimus Prime Za Warudo!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Stopped reading the article when the interviewer mentioned "racist robots". What an idiot. Do people even know the meaning of the word "racist" anymore?

Ugh. Game looks awesome though. Uninspired designs notwithstanding.

6. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    The writers from TFP did say that the Dinobots are on their radar so it seems so!:D 

Well it's just that guy's opinon. He said he wept about how Shockwave was protrayed in DOTM. I wasn't thrilled about how he got a small part but it could've been a lot worse!

The game is certainly that!:thumb 

7. Paradigm-Shift Prime

Paradigm-Shift Prime Unit Warrior TFW2005 Supporter

Sounds great, hopefully the pace & repetition will be better than the first as it was easily the best TF game in a sea of lame ones and the verse/aesthetic is really nice so there's so much potential here!

8. The Madness

The Madness News Credits: -13

News Credits:
    Yeah, the mention of Digital Domain made me laugh out loud.

All the comments of 'that should be how the movies look', mixed with heavy criticism from the movie's Templar Knights.
    I guess no one's faulting the animation (Perhaps Prime's expression?).

Still, looks like Bay's made some influential contacts at Hasbro.

9. shadeozero

shadeozero Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    OMG you knwo what would be the best and I hope they do it, WFC Bruticus combiner figures

10. HuffR_WFCTX_91135

HuffR_WFCTX_91135 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Some people can argue over the silliest things. anyway everything sounds goods but I do hope the cutting of co-op will make the levels actually feel unique unlike the dotm game.

11. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    This is a Transformers forum. Every single thread here is about the silliest little thing. That's kind of the point of coming here.

12. sleter

sleter Well-Known Member

what?! no PC version?!
    oh man...

13. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Oh, I'm really loooking forward to XBOX Fall of Cybertron. I so want to play Hulk/Grimlock! ME GRIMLOCK BASH BRAINS! :lol 

14. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's Scriptor

News Credits:
    I know they worked on HULK (2004)

15. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's Scriptor

News Credits:
    WfC wasn't a G1 game. They said it themselves. They wanted a prequel to the Transformers story and probably thought that the best basis for character design would be to take traits from the original characters.

And if you look closely at some of the designs in Prime they take visual ques from WfC. Heck just because Bulkhead is in it could be a prequel to Animated for all we know.

16. YoungPrime

YoungPrime Herald Of Primus

News Credits:
    My sentiments exactly!

It’s called “Character Development!” Something Bayformer and TF: Prime fans seem to blatantly ignore while drinking up Hasbro’s new age quick fix for cash Kool-aid/marketing plan.

I guess it takes an outside party who isn’t a Hollywood tool to realize that by giving these characters their true personalities and a plausible back story, it gives the over-all story and action sequences a much larger impact. Which also allows them to work with said character in future endeavors. Not just slapping some lame contraption on screen and giving it a “G1” Decepticon name so Optimus “Superman” Prime can zoom in and tear it’s face off. Sure that may entertain the average drooling idiot but some people feel that the original cast of Transformers lore deserve better. Which Matt here proves "CAN WORK!"

Because as of right now Bay is to Transformers lore what Joel Schumacher was to Batman’s.

17. YoungPrime

YoungPrime Herald Of Primus

News Credits:
    ......No but we will continue to show our dislike for films that continuously display, poor scripting, bad directing, terrible editing, rediculous acting and lazy character development.

The only thing arbitrary about that aspect would be people like you who try their hardest to make it seem like the criticism that Bay gets isn't warranted when even he has admitted to it.

Keep trying though.

18. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Dude on the contrary Transofrmers Prime has LOADS of character development going on and the reason you said it dose'nt is because you don't like it personally.There's a difference between pointing out a fact and voicing out an opinon. And what you said about the fans of TFP and the movies not getting it isn't at all true. Not to mention a little insulting as well. TFP has WAY more character development than the G1 show ever did even some hard core G1 fans see and understand that clearly!

Okay what you said about people being idiots for liking how the movies work isn't cool at all. No one said we have to like it but who gave you the right to say how it should be done? The fans don't own the Transformers Hasbro does. What you're basiclly saying how it needs to be done is just selfish thinking at best.

Say what you want about Bay because without his involvement the Franchise would never be back on the map with the mainstream audience again. It may be good for you if he didn't but it's not for younger generations. They have every right to enjoy whatever Hasbroo throws at thme just as much as you do.

19. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    I actually like this post.
    And... agreed.

20. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    They said it was themselves. Here's proof:

War For Cybertron - TFW2005 visits High Moon Studios + Gameplay Impressions - Transformers News - TFW2005
    Interview: Matt Tieger of High Moon Studios on Transformers: War for Cybertron | Joystiq
    I can supply additional links.

But as was said before- it is silly to be carrying on about this. HAS pulled a retcon, and it is what it became: a poorly achieved "aligned" continuity- one that was intended to appeal to fanboys (ironically).