Matt Hazard Returns: And he knows he's done wrong.

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Prowl, Dec 22, 2009.

1. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    When a developer can even poke fun at their own shortcoming in a sequel, and then take a different direction with the sequel, and make it a cheap downloadable, I don't mind giving them some of my coins.

Seriously, the story has Matt Hazard recovering after his game received horrible reviews and ended up in the bargain bin.

No Disc Required: Matt Hazard is Better as a Download - PlayStation 3 Preview - at IGN

Check out the videos, the game looks kinda fun. DaggersRage?

Last edited: Dec 22, 2009
  2. Atomsplitter

Atomsplitter Needs a new title.

I'm in, most likely. The original game was a great idea, had some great humor, but god the gameplay was mediocre, sometimes just bad. This looks like it's simple enough that they'd have to try to mess it up. And I love scrolling shooters!

3. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Atom,so you played the original? It's 18 bucks at gamestop used. Would you recommend it for that price?

4. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    You know, you've gotta respect a game studio that aknowledge they've made a bad game and poke fun at it.

5. Atomsplitter

Atomsplitter Needs a new title.

As much as i'd like to, I don't think I could. It got bad enough at one part that I just stopped playing it, and consequent tries make me give up fast too, something I don't like to do. Although I was playing on the hardest difficulty, but I can't bring myself to lower it either.

A 5 dollar rental maybe, but it's not really a purchase. I can't imagine there being any replayability to it either.

I like D3. They've done a lot of crappy cash-in games, but they have a few original IPs that I really dig.

6. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

OMG. They're making another Matt Hazard game? Jeez talk about milking a character for all he's worth. Anyone play the his cart racing game? No? Well I know why you didnt play it, it was shit!

Oh well, I'll be checking this out because its....

HAZARD TIME!

7. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My Sentiments exactly. IT looks like Shadow Complex light... REAL light, but fun nontheless.

8. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

I actually enjoyed playing Eat Lead, it wasnt a ground breaking game, but it was silly and fun. I do wish there was a bit more to the weapons. Eventually the game would just make you run through with the hazard pistol & dual SMGs.

I'll tells ya one thing though, dont **** with the SOAK'EM soldiers. You'll be damp if ya do, but damp if ya dont! :D 

9. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    heheh, I might pick it up. It's 17 bucks, but not until after the year's over, cuz damn.