Matrix: Origin?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Codimus Prime, Sep 23, 2006.

1. Codimus Prime

Codimus Prime Missouri Toy Hunter

I was watching the first part of the 1986 Transformers Movie... and a thought came across me...

Who passed the Autobot Matrix of Leadership to Optimus Prime?
    Has that ever been revealed?

Because when Ultra Magnus is saying he's not worthy. Prime replies... "niether was I."

Just curious if anyone had a agood answer for this.

2. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

alpha trion maybe? Not really sure. The matrix wasn't really brought up until the movie.

3. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Prime is the seventh holder of the matrix. He gained it after Alpha Trion, the sixth holder, died.

BUT

There is actually no known evidence that Alpha Trion holding the matrix before Optimus. He may have just been the one keeping it until the next leader. You may hear otherwise, because I've heard some people say, "Then why could Prime consult him about the hate plague in the matrix?" Simple. It is not merely Autobot leaders who inhabit it, but all deceased Transformers, explaining Alpha Trion's presence.

The other six before Optimus were un-named, but seen by Rodimus in his journey through the matrix.

Hope this helps.

4. AutobotSDG

AutobotSDG Well-Known Member

From what I understand, according to UK comics, the Matrix was passed to Prime from Sentinel Prime in much the same way as Prime passed it to Magnus.

In the cartoon though it was never really stated... just presumed that Alpha Trion, who was the keeper of the Matrix at the time, installed it into Prime when he rebuilt him so that he would have the wisdom of the Ancients to help him combat the new evil on Cybertron.

5. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Hecho en Argentina

News Credits:
    I like the War Within explanation. He was a moron. ^^ Seriously, the Elders gave the Matrix to Prime and then he orders the planet evacuation. He gave up in the first issue!!!! XD Of course the he becomes a greater leader but at the beginning he was a lousy one. Hence the "neither was I" phrase. ^^

6. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Yeah, Sentinel Prime is the popular choice for the immediate forerunner. He's mentioned in several different comics and the like.
    The first holder was supposedly Prima, the first creation of Primus. Whether that is true or not is debatable, but if you use the Primus origin, it makes sense that the very first Transformer received the Matrix.

7. Windturf

Windturf Insane Ratchet Fan

According to the link below in the comics the matrix bearers are as follows:
    Prima
    Prime Nova
    Sentinel Prime - the UK G1 comic series shows a flashback (as recalled by Optimus) of Sentinel Prime dying in the arms of Optimus Prime and passing the Matrix onto him.
    Optimus Prime - the first soldier to become Autobot leader. As Megatron besieged the Autobot capital of Iacon, the Council of Elders prepared to surrender to the Decepticons. Councillor Xaaron suggested that High Councillor Traachon step down and allow a military officer to assume Autobot leadership. Traachon then used his powers of veto and effectively elected himself out of office, allowing Optimus Prime to assume supreme command of the Autobots.
    Buster Witwicky - Prime briefly transferred the Matrix to Buster's mind to prevent Shockwave's use of it.
    Thunderwing
    Starscream

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autobot_Matrix_of_Leadership

8. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Im pretty sure that in the G1 marvel comic story ark 'Legacy of Unicron' during the 'origins of the transformers' bit, it shows Primus (Gold Rodimus) passing the Matrix straight to Optimus.

Also, if you are an open minded fan, you may recognize that, according to Hasbro, Vector Prime once carried the Matrix.

so far.
    Alpha Trion
    Optimus Prime
    Sentinel Prime
    Rodimus
    Scourge
    Ultra Magnus
    Galvatron
    Vector Prime
    Optronix (whatever WW Prime was called)

plus any other character that held it from Zone, or Headmasters, or Masterforce, or Victory etc.

9. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Headmasters to post Zone was Rodimus, after which it was passed back to Convoy who'd been revived as Star Convoy, he then held it for the remainder of that continuity right up and through Generation 2 (Hero Prime in Japan is referenced as having a "Matrix Saturn" cannon on his arm, and in one of the TV Magazine segments he got wounded and the Matrix reformatted him into the Prime of Justice).

10. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

So where does Vector Prime fit in? As I understand it, he's one of the original 13 TFs created by Primus, but not necessarily ever been a Matrix holder.

Anyone got screen shots or comic scans of Sentinel, Prima, Nova, or any of the other Primes Rodimus sees in FFOD?

11. fourth_heir

fourth_heir Well-Known Member

12. Fairlady_Z

Thanks fourth heir!

13. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

i watch five faces of darkness with martix mini series right after movie

14. Fairlady_Z

It's funny, the last guy to talk to Rod before Op in FFOD is supposed to be Sentinel I guess, but he looks more like the flat headed, blue and orange robot that the comics scans seem to think is Prima.

Op supposedly talks to Sentinel's ghost or something in the Hardwired novel trilogy. Maybe there's some description of Sentinel in there. I'd have to check and post on it later though.

Also, does anyone find it strange that the TF rebellion against the Quintessons only took place 11 mil years ago, but 9 mil yrs. ago Op became Prime. How many Primes came and went just in that short span time? Especially since before the TF rebellion against the Quints, FFOD seems to suggest that the TFs hadn't been sentient for that long. So that means Op has been Prime about 4-5 times longer than any other privious Prime (even if he was missing and unconcious for 4 mil of those yrs.)

Have the Universe Comics suggested anything on who might have been Prime in the BW era/after Rodimus (I'm assuming he took over from Op again at some point). Could Rodimus still even be Prime in the BW era in the cartoon continuity? I know in the comics he "got old" holding back the taint of Unicron that got trapped in the Matrix until his body just gave out from the strain suggesting that Unicron was released again upon Rodimus's death. But there was no word of a chosen sucessor in that story. The aprentice who betrays Rodimus in that story is not necessarily who he was going to give the Matrix to. And we know Optimus Primal isn't a Prime or a Matrix holder.