Matrix of leadership?

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by imwthstpd, Dec 7, 2008.

1. imwthstpd

imwthstpd that crazy fanboy

News Credits:
    What ever happened to the matrix of leadership that prime always had? Is it even in the animated universe? Who has it, and will Optimus get it? If he did and got some leadership upgrade that would be awsome!!!

2. Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus Taint of Primus

News Credits:
    The Allspark is basically the matrix in this universe.

It even looks like the matrix.

3. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    The closest thing we have to the Matrix so far is the Allspark. Though if there is an actual Matrix of Leadership in Animated, Ultra Magnus has it. Would be interesting to see it be offered to Optimus Prime, and have him turn it down. With this Optimus's personality I can't see him wanting that role, at least for the time being. Though I do think it would be interesting to see what this Prime would do in the position of Autobot Leader. Especially the changes he would immediately make.

4. Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus Taint of Primus

News Credits:
    Actually I think the closest thing to the Matrix is sari's key.

Creator of Transformers=Allspark=Primus
    Tool of creator's power=Key=Matrix

5. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Eh, I see Sari's key as more like the key to Vector Sigma. I do see the similarities to the Matrix, but I personally think that the Allspark is closer than Sari's key.

6. Squints

Squints Well-Known Member

I think that if they introduced the Matrix, it would end with something happening to Ultra Magnus and the Matrix being forced upon Optimus; I agree that he wouldn't take the Matrix voluntarily, but that would make it all the more interesting if he were forced to take it anyway. It might even end like the G1 movie, where for a while Optimus handles it as best as he can despite his doubts, and then Rodimus takes it up and becomes Magnus' true successor (Optimus and Magnus with their roles reversed from the G1 movie).

7. Primus_feather

Primus_feather Well-Known Member

Personally I think Animated might take the same direction, I believe, That ROTF will take with it (Having the remaining Allspark fashioned into a Matrix.) Now whether Optimus gets it at the end of Animated is up to whether Rodimus (rumored next commander) wants the job after Magnus retires (aka Dies.) Especially if Opt is key in the DEFEAT (falling through a space bridge is NOT defeat) of Megatron.

8. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    I think the movie "The Matrix" destroyed the idea of "The Matrix of Leadership" ... and now it's The AllSpark.

9. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    we wish.

hopefully once they find all the allspark fragments maybe it will function as the matrix...espicallly when megatron takes it and puts in his chest reminds me of how G1 Galvatron wore the matrix....

10. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    Pretty much what has been said already...the Allspark is so much alike the Matrix in looks that it might just be the Matrix itself. It's like they mixed properties of the Matrix and the movie Allspark together..which is pretty cool I guess. Every fan gets what he/she wants.

11. imwthstpd

imwthstpd that crazy fanboy

News Credits:
    well now i know something. the allspark probably isn't the allspark. Duh why didn't i think of this before yea Optimus has the allspark, well had the Full one, and when he had it he didn't become like the supream leader, so that means that Ultra Magnus has the real matrix of leadership!!!! So who gets it Rodimus or Optimus. Or jazz:lolol  hahahahahahahahahah Jazz Magnus

12. Ravage1976

Ravage1976 Well-Known Member

or maybe there simply isnt any need since the matrix was just a Mcguffin from the 1986 movie and Animated has its own Mcguffin in the form of the allspark but is implemented in a better way because its not inheritly linked to the Autobots or to Autobot leadership Animated doesnt need everything from G1 FFS.