Matrix of Leadership contains knowledge?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by danthecoolguy, Jul 14, 2011.

1. danthecoolguy

danthecoolguy Member

New on here guys with very interesting threads :) 

Something I coudn't help noticing in the film 4 times I've seen it lol
    when Optimus Prime revives Sentinal Prime with the Matrix of Leadership he instantly knows the entire English vocabulary?

fair enough with the Autobots learning through the "world-wide-web"...

surely Sentinal would speak cybertronian straight off?...unless of course the Matrix of Leadership contains some of the users knowledge...

thinking about it now the same kind of applies to the Fallen as well...
    unless im mistaken by the gurus on here ;) 

2. jon5000

jon5000 Tea-Drinker

I think as with a lot of flaws in DOTM it just comes down to 'hurry-the-plot-along' syndrome in the writing.

Yes, it could have been explained with a tidy bit of exposition, but the reality is in the greater patchwork of flaws this film has, it's fairly small.

Or you can be a fan boy apologist and do the work on behalf of the poor writing and make something up? Yeah, sure, The Matrix, has it's own English language translator thingy. There we go. Michael Bay still sleeps easy :D 

I think the fact is most won't care.

3. danthecoolguy

danthecoolguy Member

interesting...im down with that haha

4. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

Optimus said much of their history was recorded in the Allspark. The core essence of the Allspark transferred to Sam. Sam was a bit scrambled with all that data. He explained Sentinel's discovery during his class meltdown and the location of the Matrix.

Which makes me think the Allspark has some remote connection with the Primes absorbing their experiences. The connection explains how the Fallen knew Sam had the Allspark in his brain and Optimus just died.

The whole point of the Allspark jumping into Sam is that it wanted the Matrix as its permanent vessel. One could argue the Allspark could be sentient.

5. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    in the novel Sentinel actually questions the language he is speaking and Optimus says it is English and was passed on to him when the matrix from his chest went into him

6. Rumblebee7

Rumblebee7 Cassete Player

^ this ^