Matrix of Leadership bootleg found

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by TM2 Dinobot, Jul 29, 2010.

1. TM2 Dinobot

TM2 Dinobot i CrEePy YoU oUt!!!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Shout Factory Matrix of Leadership dvd bootleg found

YouTube - Matrix of Leadership bootleg

Confirmed by Brian that this is indeed a bootleg. Yay me, I'm the first to get snookered! :)  :/ I figured other people should know!

I got it from the ebay user fanboysattic2010, william whitaker from Anderson, SC. Just a heads up.

2. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    Wow. I was skeptical at first right up until the size of the box compared to the real thing was shown. They did a pretty darn good job of making it look close to the real thing, despite the obvious differences. I'm sure there are a few folks out there who might have this and not know the plastic baggies were not part of the authentic box set.

3. TM2 Dinobot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I for one did not. I had this almost a whole month before I realized something was amiss.

4. payton34

payton34 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Did you notice a lack of quality with the actual videos?

5. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    And KO's/bootlegs strike again. I'm sure plenty of posts will follow justifying it's existence. Sorry to hear you got ripped.

6. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    I think you need to invest in a tripod :p 

I hope you didn't pay too much for the bootleg set :( 

7. payton34

payton34 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think he said in the video that he paid either $70 or $75.

8. RoboticPlanet

RoboticPlanet Exclusively Exclusive

News Credits:
    What was Paypal's response to the dispute you raised? Is the seller's PP account also terminated?

If the regular PP dispute channels didn't work for you, call them. They may offer you a courtesy credit or provide other options for recourse.

9. TM2 Dinobot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks, Robo. I'll try that.

Yeah, sorry about the video. First one I've ever shot. :p 

10. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    lol, you sounded pissed.

For seventy bucks, I would be too.

11. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    wow I was actually looking into getting this since some of my art made it into the bonus DVD so thanks for the heads up

12. CookSux

CookSux Infectious Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm in the same boat. I bought this a month ago, and just found out via this link that I've owned a bootleg this entire time. I actually sold my official chinese G1 set because I have this. Good for me that I still had it shrinkwrapped, so I sent a message to the seller doctormudd and hope to get a resolution from this.

13. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That sucks. Hope you get it resolved!

14. Tirade

Tirade Hate Plague Autobot

Sorry to hear about your bad luck. I can totally relate. A few years back, I bought a Rhino Season 1 DVD set (or so I thought). I opened up the package only to find an obvious bootleg. Unlike the Rhino releases, this one had a bland cardboard/paper container. There was no shiny/chrome look on the front or clear plastic DVD holders inside. The discs weren't much better. They had some very grainy images on the top. The DVD quality was pretty poor as well.

Needless to say, I let the seller know I was unhappy. I actually left him a neutral feedback. He quickly retaliated by leaving me a neutral (this was back when sellers could leave negative or neutral feedback). I'm just thankful that only set me back $25 instead of $75.

On a related note, I also managed to buy a bootleg Toy Story 2 copy on eBay not long ago. The seller was really nice and refunded my money, but he didn't stop selling bootlegs. Best I figure, he had a whole stack of fakes he found at a flea market and decided to unload on eBay. In hindsight, I should have reported him. Moral of all this? If the price is too good, it probably is. You are better off buying from a reputable site like Amazon, Wal-Mart or such. eBay is a dangerous place to buy DVDs.

15. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Damm that sucks esp since the legit version was going for ~$86 right after Christmas. The reason I remember is that my parents had given me the set as a Christmas gift after I pointed my mother to Amazon before Christmas when it was selling for ~$110.

16. TM2 Dinobot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, I just checked the disks. VERY lo-def. I was willing to let it slide until I compared it with my friend's. Oh yeah, now I'm cheezed. Here's the word from Shout.

I also ended up with a Chinese Batman the Complete Animated Series box set, which was just strange, because I paid the going rate.

17. Kimmer

Kimmer Well-Known Member

so if i were to order the set from amazon i'd be safe right?

18. grune7

grune7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Direct from amazon should be fine but from the marketplace sellers you never know.

I can't watch the you tube video (it sucks being on dial up) From what I've ead it sounds like if the disks are in little baggies then the set is a bootleg. Is that correct? If so then I got ripped off on the one I picked up at a flea market around a month ago. It was sealed but missing the booklet. I contacted Shout Factory and got a replacement booklet. I bought some Doctor who sets from that flea market seller too. I was a little suspicious of the packaging on those but the disks looked legit. I guess the bootlegers have got alot better it used to be really easy to spot bootleg dvds.

19. Maetel

Maetel Well-Known Member

and the really f*ed up thing is for $30 more you could have gotten the real deal from amazon, with free shipping. hopefully paypal freezes the seller's account before he cashed out...realistically though you're probably not going to see that money again unless you used credit card on paypal, then maybe a charge back. wat are you going to do with the bootleg copy?

20. aurascope

aurascope Kitbash Resource Indexer

Ebay:
    long biao = dragon brand