Match 8: Brakedown vs Lugnut!

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by Black Oracle, May 25, 2011.

?

Brakedown or Lugnut?

Poll closed May 28, 2011.
  1. Brakedown, "I'm gonna put you on ice!"

22 vote(s)
    30.6%
  2. Lugnut, "Megatron is wise! Megatron is bold! Megatron will return the Decepticons to Cybertron!"

50 vote(s)
    69.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    Lugnut wins in a fight, though I'm not sure who I like more

2. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:
    Not a big fan of either one of these cons..but would have to admit Lugnut as an aircraft has an advantge..plus the firepower to take out tons of bots..even Breakdown. Breakdown's hammer isn't some tiny little thing..but it's not THOR's hammer either. Also, at least so far, Breakdown has been viewed as the type of con to leave the battle when outnumbered or outgunned, so I think if he's facing Lugnut..he'd run. Lugnut would continue to fight until his processor was fried or Megatron ordered a retreat..so for this match up..going with Lugnut.

3. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    I say Lugnut. Even discounting the POKE, Lugnut would still be GI-FRIGGING-HUGE compared to Brakedown since Luggy is a Bomber while Brakedown is just the size of a Hummer. Lugnut also has two guns mounted on his chest AND a melee weapon in the form of the toy's tail axe (which did make an appearance in "Garbage in, Garbage Out"). I think he also shot lasers from his claws at one point as well.

Then, counting the POKE, Breakdown is just screwed. The only way the POKE could backfire on Lugnut is if the button is prematurely pressed, and the two times that occured on the show it involved direct physical force applied continuously (first time was Bulkhead's mace-ball, second time was Wreck-Gar actually trying to give Lugnut the universal greeting, the second time also not hurting Lugnut). To my knowledge, Breakdown lacks anything that could press the button hard enough in time to make the POKE backfire properly.

Lugnut is going to CURB STOMP Breakdown.

4. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Lugnut, simply because he can fly. Tho I like Breakdown better mostly because of it´s voice actor.

5. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

Well, he has that badass hammer thing.

6. Radioactive Ravage

Radioactive Ravage Ancient

POKE still blows up in his face- Lugnut wins.

7. Overlord Balder

I find it more likely that he would be sent flying away [after all, it's far more likely that Breakdown would be mid-air on this situation], the explosion wouldn't obliterate him, just throw him on some nearby wall [with an insane strength, but he JUMPED from The Nemesis at a ridiculous distance from the ground on "Out Of His Head" and survived without a scratch, this wouldn't be a problem for him] or the strike would cause a strength wave [like he did on "Out of His Head"].

8. Black Oracle

Black Oracle Black Convoy's Dark Angel

News Credits:
    Thanks for answering, Overlord! Also, I couldn't help but notice the parallels between the characters of both series. There's a Prime equivalent to nearly all the main characters of Animated.

Brakedown's mighty hammer should not to be underestimated!

I think Brakedown can take a lot of punishment for sure, but I'm gonna have to go with Lugnut on this. As others have said, Brakedown seems a little outclassed by Lugnut's size and firepower. Plus, I really liked Lugnut too. He may have been a little over-zealous in his devotion to Megatron (which was always funny!), but he wasn't stupid. He'd roll in hot coal for his 'glorious' Megatron, but he'd do it competently!

9. Overlord Balder

You're welcome.

That's a funny thought.

"Lugnut! I order you to roll in hot coal."

"YES SIR, FOR THE GLORY OF MEGATRON!" *Lugnut calmly lays down and starts rolling on the hot coal, smiling with pride of Megatron*

10. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    Lugnut is not only bigger. Brakedown's got nothing to take out the GLORIOUS Lugnut

11. Greyley

Greyley Well-Known Member

I think Lugnut would win in a battle. He's got the advantage in size and firepower, though he's obviously at a disadvantage when it comes to brains. Luggy's biggest advantage is his mental state; if he believed he was fighting for Megatron, he would be like a berserker who is impervious to pain or fear. Breakdown seems to have a sense of self-preservation which would limit how far he would be willing to go to win a battle, but Lugnut would fight to the end no matter what happens.

I like both of them, but I'll give Lugnut the nod for likeability too. We haven't seen much of Breakdown yet, so that opinion may change as the show goes on.

12. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    For the glory of megatron, lugnut shall win!

13. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Easy one for me.

Breakdown's a brawler, so he's got size and whatnot going for him. A couple missles here and there, okay. But Lugnut's got A LOT MORE SIZE AND A LOT MORE MISSLES!! Breakdown might be the more agile of the two, but Lugnut is stronger. Lugnut can take plenty of hits from Breakdown, but it'll only take a few from Lugnut to stop BD in his tracks.

Now if it were Wreck Gar, Lugnut would be in trouble. :p 

My vote: Lugnut

14. StarYoshi14

StarYoshi14 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Lugnut has missles, guns, the POKE, and a much cooler looking vehicle mode. Breakdown has that missile launcher, his mace, and a dumb looking vehicle mode. Lugnut could shrug off that missile, all while screaming Megatron's name to the heavens, and we all know who would win if they ever met in melee combat.

Lugnut for sure.

15. Crazy Ramjetty

Crazy Ramjetty marvel's got it good

P.O.K.E. end of story

16. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Lugnut, but only because he has the P.O.K.E.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.