Match 13: TFP Arcee vs TFA Prowl!

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by Black Oracle, May 31, 2011.

?

Prime Arcee or Animated Prowl?

Poll closed Jun 3, 2011.
  1. TFP Arcee, "This ends here, 'cons!"

43 vote(s)
    49.4%
  2. TFA Prowl, "Stillness...then [I]strike[/I]."

44 vote(s)
    50.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Prowl. Ninja-magic > ability to jump high. Plus he's a trillion times more interesting and likable. (even early on where he was intent on going solo)

2. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

I dunno. I prefer the hardened vet Arcee is. I always thoguht the "ninja" thing was something that was way off in cybertronian culture.

3. starscream-99

starscream-99 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'll go with Prowl.

4. Flashdisk

Flashdisk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd go for Prowl.

Prowl has this Processor over matter, samurai armour, shurikens and is a master of various forms of martial arts. He also has holographic technology.

Arcee has long range weaponry, but I think Prowl can match her laser weaponry with his Shurikens. And Prowl can spin his Shurikens like a buzzsaw for close range attacks.

And I don't really remember Arcee stating any formal training in martial arts.

5. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

You think Shurikens can match Laser-weaponry?

What would she fight? Transformer-Fu?

6. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Now you see, it makes perfect sense to me. They're intelligent fighting robots, right? It seems like a perfect fit for sci-fi alien culture. The more sophisticated techniques and meditation seem completely in line with the hyper-advanced Transformers. Plus Prowl not being a hardened war soldier but rather just being a guy who's got some values and skill makes him more endearing.

Not related to what you said, but I came to this conclusion by myself. Prowl and Arcee both start off very abrassive. Prowl we literally don't find out why he's so antisocial until the end of the show, where it all comes full circle. Early on we want to keep watching to find out why he's so hellbent on going it alone, (which is really a multitude of reasons) by which time he moves past it.

With Arcee we know really early on why her character's so snarky all the time, which really just makes me want her to cut it out. Yes, we get it, your partners died we're all very sad now get over it kthnx. What seems so unsettling is that Prowl and Arcee are so similar in their personalities but have some key differences. In relation to what I said above about Prowl not being as hardened, I never really have doubts about Arcee's conviction or physical prowess, but Prowl was a little more unsure, especially as time went on. It doesn't hurt that we saw him take on a supporting role to others (even Ratchet) more than once. Which shows that despite his social wall, he's genuinely kind inside. While I don't doubt it's existence, I haven't seen that in Arcee. I've seen them try, but it feels too much like the writers are trying to hit certain notes, wheras in Prowl it just came naturally over the show's course.

He seemed pretty capable of doing just that in the show. Hell, once he even deactivated one of Starscream's null-rays. Aside from apparantly having a limitless supply, he could throw them in rapid succession and arch them, as well as stated use them in other ways like buzz-saws or straight-up blades.

7. Overlord Balder

Here's a list of examples of her nice nature:
    - Her near-death moment with Optimus on the cold on Scrapheap.
    - Cliff's death on Darkness Rising [also her final dialogue with Jack].
    - She saying Bulkhead to chill off about Wrecker-Jack [and smiling with joy when Wrecker-Jack was leaving]
    - In Sick Mind she was worried with Bumblebee.
    - Offering Jack a ride with Sierra on Speed Metal.
    - Worried with Jack and the others [again] on Shadowzone.

So we have:
    Episodes showing good traits - Speed Metal, Sick Mind, Con Job, Scrapheap, Predatory, Darkness Rising, Predatory.
    Seven Episodes.

Episodes with her as normal snarky tough-as-nails girl: Convoy, Masters and Students [where she appeared for ONE SCENE], Deus ex Machina and Out of His Head.
    four episodes.

7 X 4 it's quite a good match.

I meant in bold-offensive: If both are firing at will at each other, Arcee has the edge: Arcee doesn't need to stop for reloading [Prowl does], Laser blast causes more damage than shurikens, Arcee has a target system [Prowl does not], laser-weaponry has a longer range, laser blasts are much quicker than shurikens, and is much easier to fire a laser gun controlled by thought then start throwing shurikens.

They're [sort of] matched, sure, but Arcee has a quicker draw due technology [and a better chance of hitting].

8. Lady Autocon

Lady Autocon Miss Mustang

Even though Arcee is a force to be reckoned with,is more pleasing for character design, and has an interesting story thus far......My vote is for Prowl.

Arcee just seems like the typical kick ass femme to me and its kinda old. I'd take Prowl because he's just different to me. I actually like the idea of cyber ninja's and processor over matter. I need some of that lol.

In battle I think Arcee might win but Prowl also has good old fashioned ninja stealth and his wits about him other than just shooting lasers . So I'm thinking a draw here in battle.

9. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Well, Prowl had 3 seasons to develop his personlity, Arcee barely had one. AS for personlity, I still maintain Arcee reminds me a little of Buffy in some terms what with being bold, sometimes arrogant, but hardened by battle. That´s what atracts me more about her, her past, the war, the fact she was afecged by in on a personal level. I really like they play her a war vet.

What diferanciates Arcee from Prowl is that one got to go throught a war, while the other didn´t. Expirences like that change one´s growth and personality. I have no doubt Prowl would be a lot more cynical had he been on the trenches.

10. Flashdisk

News Credits:
  11. Overlord Balder

That's what I meant:

See?

I know, but if you're going to expect all Transformers to state they know "Something-Fu", then all TF characters except Prowl don't know how to fight.

We have to consider that Arcee knows how to fight due the way she fights, NOT if she SAYS she fights "Junkarate" or "Scrap-Fu".

12. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I think that's just it. Prowl developed over time, Arcee it's like they really quickly wanted to get her story out of the way.

13. Overlord Balder

If they weren't doing that, you would be here complaining that she has no backstory and no development.

14. StarYoshi14

StarYoshi14 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    At the start off of both series, it would probably be pretty even. Blasters and arm blades vs. shuriken and holograms. Prowl however, by the end of the series, obtains the samurai armor and processor over matter. If it were at the end of Animated, Prowl would come out victorious. Arcee still has so much time to develop her character more, although I can't see her getting anything like processor over matter.

Also, Jeff Bennet is sexy as hell. Such a calm and sophisticated voice for a deadly ninja.

15. Flashdisk

News Credits:
    Transfomers Animated only had 39 episodes. Transformers Prime already has 15, that's almost halfway through Animated.

16. Flashdisk

News Credits:

Everyone can fight. But I'd bet somone who who has working knowledge brazillian jiu jitsu, boxing has more of a chance in a fight than someone who just fights.

And so far, there's nothing in the show that states she has the same level fighting knowledge as Prowl. And I'd expect the show to reveal at least that much. If we're going to make our own conclusions about everything, Arcee could be Unicron for all we know.

So unless the show reveals otherwise, I'd still say Prowl has the edge in skills.

In regards to weaponry, in a close or midrange battle where the wepons can blow up rock, and easily slice off limbs I think its pretty equal. Prowl has his Samurai armour and may survive a hit. Arcee, I'm not too sure.

17. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    I can't believe this is even debated. Animated Prowl would mop the floor with Prime Arcee. He's more skilled and better trained. Arcee has shown the ability to beat DRONES. And that's about it. Prowl was the Animated Autobots best fighter CLEARLY.

Right now i don't think it's close. Ask again after Prime wraps production.

Low tech doesn't mean it's any less effective or less deadly. Killing someone with a bullet or a poison dart is the same difference... they're dead.

18. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    Arcee, I never liked Prowl as a ninja.

19. Fonecrusher

Fonecrusher Megatron wants YOU

Gotta agree with this Prowl is a freaking ninja therefore=autowin.:tongue: 

20. Overlord Balder

You're not getting my point: Transformers Martial Arts are not a common thing [and I personally think it's a insanely ******ed idea], you can't expect them all to say "I am the MASTAH of Junkarate!".
    Sure this confirms Prowl has a pretty good knowledge of martial arts, but you can't just say "Oh Prowl knows Transformer-fu, so he wins".

That's better, that's better.

I was talking on the speed of the shot, and the accuracy, who has the quicker draw, and Arcee has the edge on that because of the reasons I mentioned earlier.

And Arcee would rather dodge [she's been dodging pretty well since the series started].

In a massive shoot-out, bullets flying everywhere and stuff, would you rather have a lasergun controlled by thought mounted on your arm or shurikens to throw?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.